CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You must be doing something right if people are hatin on you

How I feel whenever Chad takes time out of his day to make a meme in my name :simms:
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So ESL's rules are so makebelieve that the pros don't even know what would happen if they made team changes? 

I would assume its either another LAN or online event to fill in the remaining pro seeds.

Not sure what the confusion is, just look it up in the rule book.

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would assume its either another LAN or online event to fill in the remaining pro seeds.

Who gets invited?

Everyone - open style? Just the players who were on a seeded team last season?

Or any team with at least one of those players?

With what format? Online, LAN? Double elim? Single elim?

See how this would massively affect a player's team / roster decision?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Snipedown, Mikwen, their coach, and a random just beat cntra, dev, rammy, and victory X in mm. They actually held a double digit league for a while.

I am not a fan of making judgments based on outliers, but that's funny. 

Oh shit I saw that tag on stream last night lmao. It's crazy what you match nowadays. I had to delete a (previously) Diamond alt because I matched Rammy, and then the next day matched Sceptify and a team of champions. Looks like you just have to make more and more alts lol

But wow that's funny I remember that tag cuz it's so strange lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would cntra and dev ever run with vicx and ninja?

Not sure, but someone asked Ninja about running with them last night and he said he only wanted to team with people who take online seriously. I'd like to see it though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even the pros don't know what happens if a team dissolves?

Does anybody have any experience following another ESL-run league? Is this normal for them, or is this unique to Halo? No wonder we don't have a rulebook to check up with. There isn't one, apparently.

Actually saw a conversation for a totally different game where they said and I quote "**** ESL they make up rules as they go" so I can only imagine the feeling isn't just shared by only Halo players

Not sure, but someone asked Ninja about running with them last night and he said he only wanted to team with people who take online seriously.

Confirmed. Im sure in my history I have the clip of him saying that as well.

Here it is:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ninja/CuteSquirrelEagleEye

Elaborating further when asked about going off at a LAN:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ninja/CheerfulCarabeefShadyLulu

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rulebooks are too complicated, they will just wing it. Before last season when ALG dissolved they figured out a good way to host a LAN to decide what team gets the seed. I know if it happened now the scenario would be different, but if adding another LAN is somehow the solution then I'm all for a seeded team being dissolved. I know that's selfish but as a fan I want more LAN's :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who gets invited?

Everyone - open style? Just the players who were on a seeded team last season?

Or any team with at least one of those players?

With what format? Online, LAN? Double elim? Single elim?

See how this would massively affect a player's team / roster decision?

Theyre already aware that they need to keep at least a to2 to retain their pro seed. What they do after that doesnt really matter. IE if for 4 random pros make a new a team, its obviously assumed theyll have to play for a spot IF one is available. If not then theyre considered an AM team. And if a team completely dissolves, then itll be like the 4 team LAN they had prior to the pro league a few months ago. All of this is assumed.

They should do a tournament to seed pro league with this many changes.  TO2 rule doesn't totally work unless all players are already in pro league.  Otherwise imagine half the teams breaking off into TO2s and creating more teams than there is spots in the league.  

• Downvote (-1) 2

They should do a tournament to seed pro league with this many changes.  TO2 rule doesn't totally work unless all players are already in pro league.  Otherwise imagine half the teams breaking off into TO2s and creating more teams than there is spots in the league.  

If one team splits into 2 teams of 2 then the manager decides which team retains the league spot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Snipedown, Mikwen, their coach, and a random just beat cntra, dev, rammy, and victory X in mm. They actually held a double digit league for a while.

Then ALG beats them on Rig SH 100-63. It's almost like 1 game doesn't matter, especially in MM :^)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then ALG beats them on Rig SH 100-63. It's almost like 1 game doesn't matter, especially in MM :^)

I think his point was that they SHOULD be beating Eric and co.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Should a full party of pros ever really lose to 2 pros a coach and a diamond random though?

Im not being serious so please don't respond with an insult.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sold on Rammy tbh. Ninj should consider running with them. I'm sure Chad agrees.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It was great being a part of pro league guys. See you in relegation.  :mj:

I put the dirt on ALG's coffin when Naded left. 

I mean I'm also on a connection with an average of 200 ping, so everything is pretty weird atm

i dont even care that we beat or lost to them, i'm trying not to lose my mind every game lol

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm not sold on Rammy tbh. Ninj should consider running with them. I'm sure Chad agrees.

I'm slightly confused why roybox hasn't tried Ninja/Vic X. I can't imagine they are completely sold on Naded if they ran with Contra/Dev. Why not try out a duo with chemistry.

• Upvote (+1) 3