CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Random thought of the day:

Man, Halo pros have to be some of the worst I've witnessed at giving / receiving criticism. There are some big "no-nos" that teams love to do. Everything is phrased as "YOU should have" or "what were YOU guys doing at this time". And it's almost always immediately after the game is over. Even worse, it's usually only with the context of one person's point of view.

This is where teams with coaches that can actually lead the post-match discussion will greatly improve over their coach-less counterparts.

Don't open your mouth to blame right after a game, note the situation you were frustrated with, confused by, or unhappy with, and bring it up DURING THE FILM WATCHING (assuming teams actually watch films, dear god I hope they do).

If anyone else watches some of the League of Legends teams' vision style series, their coach is leading every discussion. Making sure it stays constructive and the team atmosphere is open and healthy.

Disclaimer: I am a forum poster first and an unprofessional twitch stream watcher second, potentially providing a wide-sweeping generalization

Wow I've started to type these exact words several times, but erased them because I felt I didn't have enough Esports knowledge. But this is exactly how it works on most other team sports.

It's almost completely useless to bicker about individual plays right after a game, especially when your opinion is going to be influenced by your perspective. Outside of obvious failures in execution (when the guilty party will likely already know what their mistake was), it's best to get the coaches birds-eye opinion, or collectively watch the tape.

I need the context here because I have no idea what we are supposed to get from this. 

Elumnite muted Snipedown in game thinking it would keep his audio from being cast on Snipe's stream. It didn't. Was hilarious.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm scared to fall asleep in case i fall out of the loop with the  :intel:

Count them sheep bro-safina I'll hit you up on Kek when some news drops.

Elumnite muted Snipedown in game thinking it would keep his audio from being cast on Snipe's stream. It didn't. Was hilarious.  

But did he actually say anything of significance? It sounded like he was just doing the same thing I do with when I visit my family. Talk shit about Frank. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

But did he actually say anything of significance? It sounded like he was just doing the same thing I do with when I visit my family. Talk shit about Frank. 

Haha nah not really, just funny to see the meta shit talk in real time. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Every time I leave the house, the forum goes nuts.

I now realize that I must become one with nature. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Can we get some information on what the hell happens if a team's seed completely dissolves? Even if it's just a high level explanation.

@@Vivi

Also, Snip3down just said in his stream when I asked him about it that even the players (to his knowledge) do not know what would happen if a pro team's seed were to dissolve. 

"It would make team changes completely different if people knew exactly what was going to happen"

Source clipped: https://clips.twitch.tv/snip3down/ColorfulCaribouDuDudu

• Upvote (+1) 1

So ESL's rules are so makebelieve that the pros don't even know what would happen if they made team changes? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

...even the players (to his knowledge) do not know what would happen if a pro team's seed were to dissolve. 

I'm pretty sure ESL doesn't even know yet

• Upvote (+1) 4

Even the pros don't know what happens if a team dissolves?

Does anybody have any experience following another ESL-run league? Is this normal for them, or is this unique to Halo? No wonder we don't have a rulebook to check up with. There isn't one, apparently.

This rules debate reminds me of something else. We are making wild assumptions about the rules that the main party (ESL) probably doesn't even know yet.  Just like how all these Destiny players are going in depth and searching for clues on a story when Bungie didn't even know what they were doing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This rules debate reminds me of something else. We are making wild assumptions about the rules that the main party (ESL) probably doesn't even know yet.  Just like how all these Destiny players are going in depth and searching for clues on a story when Bungie didn't even know what they were doing.

How can you debate something that doesn't exist?  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 5

How can you debate something that doesn't exist?  :holmes:

This sounds like Maniac's next tweet...

• Upvote (+1) 1