CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I still haven't gotten used to contracts in Halo. It's still so foreign to me. Not only do you have to worry about try to assemble a team to beat another team, but now you gotta worry about contracts and legal terminology and contract locks, making sure an Org keeps a seed (though this is not really a new to Halo), etc... Fans I guess aren't supposed to know about all the behind the scene stuff, but I do miss how, I guess, small? Competitive gaming used to be and how transparent or open everything used to be. Just being a little nostalgic. It's a great thing that organizations are in Halo for exposure but the more we continue towards professional esports the more corporate it'll be. It's great and sad at the same time I guess. 

Because now players, new or people that have been playing for a while are imo trying to focus on getting on an organization than focusing on competition because it's happening at the pro level. And we don't get names anymore like Leftovers, Let's Get This Money, French Toast Mafia, Sicker Than Yo Average... Just silly names and players just having fun but want to win as well.

Sorry for the rant. TLDR; Orgs and contracts give me a headache.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually, in football (soccer) they have a 'transfer' period where teams can buy out players from contracts assuming that teams reach an agreement. 80% of the transfer 'news' is based on rumours about who is going where etc.

Is that a thing with these Halo contracts though? I personally have no idea. 

Some of the complaints/contract things might just be a result of orgs that are used to situations like LoL where approaching players outside of specific periods is a HUGE nono. Fortunately in Halo players own their league spots.

Is that a thing with these Halo contracts though? I personally have no idea. 

Neither do I. I don't know how the contracts are structured. My point was more it's weird to see people get annoyed at what is ultimately speculation - it may be strong speculation (saying the roster is confirmed) but it's no different to the Paul Pogba to Man United saga that has gone on all summer over here. People keep saying it is happening even when teams deny it, but no team would blame the media for reporting it.

The sports comparison is bad. In sports leagues they have designated dates/times when a player is officially out of their contract and can begin negotiations with other organizations. These are players currently under contract trying to ask to have it nullified or bought out I am assuming. 

You might be right about the contract comparison I have no idea how that works, but regardless of contracts or legality, if an insider leaks the info about negotiations or new teams it should and will be taken seriously and reported on. That seems like the comparison being made (i.e. sportscenter to TB). 

I'm not saying you do, but some people seem to think "If a new team is unofficially leaked by coaches, family, or pros on forums or streams do not tweet about it. Only after it has been officially released by a league or an org (the only true professionals in the scene) should it be reported."

This model would be a let down to fans who appreciate the investigative aspect of the TB.

I'm personally curious as to what kind of offer Huke got to potentially join NV. I've just never seen the kid play with anyone on that team, and him and bubu seemed in separable. Don't get me wrong, because on paper that roster looks really fucking good. I just didn't see those four teaming together.

Which leads me to believe that teams are actually saying "fuck loyalty", and forming teams that have a legitimate chance at taking down CLG. Maybe Huke took a leap of faith and ran a few MM games with them and they were Gods.

That's why this nV scrim is gonna be fucking  :dank:  and a decent show of true potential. Last season I didn't really think the composed teams had a real chance besides E6, however with this new C9 and NV squad I believe there's a higher chance; even though I'd rather see bubu than Ola on that team (no shade at Ola of course.)

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/aec5a1c6-54ab-4c3b-abc8-59313e7a1a9f/players/huke6?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

If you look through all of his game history, I honestly don't know what to say. Obviously this is matchmaking but...

You might be right about the contract comparison I have no idea how that works, but regardless of contracts or legality, if an insider leaks the info about negotiations or new teams it should and will be taken seriously and reported on. That seems like the comparison being made (i.e. sportscenter to TB). 

I'm not saying you do, but some people seem to think "If a new team is unofficially leaked by coaches, family, or pros on forums or streams do not tweet about it. Only after it has been officially released by a league or an org (the only true professionals in the scene) should it be reported."

This model would be a let down to fans who appreciate the investigative aspect of the TB.

We are talking about two different points. I could care less if someone leaks stuff. I'm talking about in how it can actually effect players. The Media talking about a transaction in sports isn't going to prevent it from happening. With Halo I can totally see it happening and it actually did happen with APG or someone and Denial where they tried to contract hold them from leaving until they eventually gave in or were bought off. 

The one incredibly huge difference between professional sports and Halo is the lack of an agent middle man who is licensed to handle negotiations. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

so if roybox are running with dev and contra tonight 

ninja said he is running tonight as well. 

maybe with liquid? or e6? orrr...uh..alg wit ryanoob and heinz?

Roybox has scrimmed with multiple possible teams in a single night before guys

Going to bed, excited to have more  :intel:  to read during work tomorrow. Don't let me down TB

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish the forums were lit like this every single day. 

there's no way we'd be able to handle it 

giphy.gif

LMAO dude youre never gonna drop this are ya?

Anyway, any news from the weekend? Been working a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so if roybox are running with dev and contra tonight

ninja said he is running tonight as well.

maybe with liquid? or e6? orrr...uh..alg wit ryanoob and heinz?

Ninja said he was getting off early if he wasn't running with roybox tonight

Yeah, sadly that's just MM and 4 pro's playing will all generally do that.

It IS a shit tonne of wins though.

Can we get some information on what the hell happens if a team's seed completely dissolves? Even if it's just a high level explanation.

@@Vivi

• Upvote (+1) 2

i have already confirmed the nV roster so it's official imo

if the nV roster is different on the 26th i'll do a backflip 

Would this be a real backflip or a @@Moyceyy backflip?

I'm sorry @@Moyceyy

• Upvote (+1) 4