CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well the root of the problem is that someone in your camp leaked the roster in the first place.

If ESPN tweeted that LeBron James is looking for a new team, and LeBrons Mother posts on twitter that he is going to the Lakers confirmed, every sports news outlet on planet earth would pick that up and report that Lebron is going to the Lakers. 

This happened today

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well the root of the problem is that someone in your camp leaked the roster in the first place.

If ESPN tweeted that LeBron James is looking for a new team, and LeBrons Mother posts on twitter that he is going to the Lakers confirmed, every sports news outlet on planet earth would pick that up and report that Lebron is going to the Lakers. 

Don't forget the clickbait "Could we see The King in purple and gold?" headline. I'm honestly a bit surprised how little of this goes on in e-sports at the moment.

Right, hence my last sentence saying it's not your responsibility to not let stuff get out. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't forget the clickbait "Could we see The King in purple and gold?" headline. I'm honestly a bit surprised how little of this goes on in e-sports at the moment.

Pretty much.

Right, hence my last sentence saying it's not your responsibility to not let stuff get out. 

:glasses:

I'm personally curious as to what kind of offer Huke got to potentially join NV. I've just never seen the kid play with anyone on that team, and him and bubu seemed in separable. Don't get me wrong, because on paper that roster looks really fucking good. I just didn't see those four teaming together.

Which leads me to believe that teams are actually saying "fuck loyalty", and forming teams that have a legitimate chance at taking down CLG. Maybe Huke took a leap of faith and ran a few MM games with them and they were Gods.

That's why this nV scrim is gonna be fucking  :dank:  and a decent show of true potential. Last season I didn't really think the composed teams had a real chance besides E6, however with this new C9 and NV squad I believe there's a higher chance; even though I'd rather see bubu than Ola on that team (no shade at Ola of course.)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Being an inside source comes with responsibility, trolling is one thing but potentially creating drama within E6 and EG is another story.  I love seeing everyone in here talking, but team confirmations should come from players and orgs, not friends and fans.  If i saw this confirm, I would have taken as Beyond did.  

agreed. Lesson learned.

• Upvote (+1) 6

even though I'd rather see bubu than Ola on that team (no shade at Ola of course.)

Ola is, without a doubt in my mind, the best player on nV. I'd rather see bubu over Huke, to be honest, but Huke has become a much stronger player now than he was at Worlds. 

Dammit @@Moses_FPS

Does anyone know if this new NV roster has scrimmaged yet? If they haven't does anyone have any word on when we can see them?

Accidental plus rep. Sorry, Smee.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man I go out for 3 hours and come back to have missed everything. 

The motto for Rostermania

post-38605-when-youre-fresh-meat-kill-an

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm personally curious as to what kind of offer Huke got to potentially join NV. I've just never seen the kid play with anyone on that team, and him and bubu seemed in separable. Don't get me wrong, because on paper that roster looks really fucking good. I just didn't see those four teaming together.

Which leads me to believe that teams are actually saying "fuck loyalty", and forming teams that have a legitimate chance at taking down CLG. Maybe Huke took a leap of faith and ran a few MM games with them and they were Gods.

That's why this nV scrim is gonna be fucking  :dank:  and a decent show of true potential. Last season I didn't really think the composed teams had a real chance besides E6, however with this new C9 and NV squad I believe there's a higher chance; even though I'd rather see bubu than Ola on that team (no shade at Ola of course.)

Huke was forced out of a game he was starting to dominate because of a stupid age rule. The kid can do whatever he wants IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's clear Team Beyond's standards and their qualifications for their moderators is questionable at best. 

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The sports comparison makes a lot of sense.

For the BPL, not a day goes by at this time of year without 'terms being agreed' or 'a player moving.' Fans enjoy transfer news. Well over half the time it's made up - teams don't get pissy about it as they realise that the majority of people wait for official announcements anyway.

The sports comparison makes a lot of sense.

For the BPL, not a day goes by at this time of year without 'terms being agreed' or 'a player moving.' Fans enjoy transfer news. Well over half the time it's made up - teams don't get pissy about it as they realise that the majority of people wait for official announcements anyway.

The sports comparison is bad. In sports leagues they have designated dates/times when a player is officially out of their contract and can begin negotiations with other organizations. These are players currently under contract trying to ask to have it nullified or bought out I am assuming. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope the tweet doesn't put the potential envy squad in an awkward position when they start running some more games

Random thought of the day:

Man, Halo pros have to be some of the worst I've witnessed at giving / receiving criticism. There are some big "no-nos" that teams love to do. Everything is phrased as "YOU should have" or "what were YOU guys doing at this time". And it's almost always immediately after the game is over. Even worse, it's usually only with the context of one person's point of view.

This is where teams with coaches that can actually lead the post-match discussion will greatly improve over their coach-less counterparts.

Don't open your mouth to blame right after a game, note the situation you were frustrated with, confused by, or unhappy with, and bring it up DURING THE FILM WATCHING (assuming teams actually watch films, dear god I hope they do).

I posted nearly word for word this exact suggestion in a DM to Symbolic a few months ago after months of Commonly and Ninja streams. Idk if he even tried it out or they shot it down or whatnot cuz it continued to happen. May 31st to be exact when I suggested it. Hopefully teams actually try and do this.

For anyone caring to read it:

7USBi6U.jpg

The sports comparison is bad. In sports leagues they have designated dates/times when a player is officially out of their contract and can begin negotiations with other organizations. These are players currently under contract trying to ask to have it nullified or bought out I am assuming. 

Actually, in football (soccer) they have a 'transfer' period where teams can buy out players from contracts assuming that teams reach an agreement. 80% of the transfer 'news' is based on rumours about who is going where etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Much ado about nothing. 

Pros under contract covering their bases, and rightly so. 

Speculation on one of the biggest Halo forums on the internet, also rightly so. 

• Upvote (+1) 5