CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Disagree entirely.

We'll get a few waves of roster swaps after a few scrim meltdowns. Roster lock is so far away, there will be plenty of time to have second thoughts on a roster.

I don't see nV making any changes though. e6 maybe 1 change that would be minor at best but that's seeming less likely now as well.

Maybe I worded it bad. optic will have less choices out there than they would have had they not vacationed again.

As someone who works in support for an ISP, those delays Prototype is experiencing are honestly stupid things like people not booking the engineers because they are going on vacation and will just hope its resolved by the time the customer comes back. Not to mention technicians being dicks and rescheduling your appointment for 2 weeks away cause they dont want to drive that far etc.

Infuriating for both parties involved. Remember, ISP's want to give you a decent service as much as you want it and dont believe what a sales agent tells you unless you have it in writing, then its a legal obligation to provide it.

Connecting to a fibre service doesnt always mean great speeds. They promise up to 100mb but if you live over 2km from the exchange good luck getting about 24mb down. You can achieve that 100mb if youre closer to the fibre cabinet/exchange.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd like to see optic as Ace, Maniac, Ninja, Vic X. No offense :apg:

I think that is a decent team if they grind.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Honestly, I think Optic's main goal is to stay in the pro league and generate content. There is nothing wrong with that if all players accept it. 

God, that's so annoying. I don't know how any fan or 'pro' player could be okay with being average and a bottom feeder. 

I don't see nV making any changes though. e6 maybe 1 change that would be minor at best but that's seeming less likely now as well.

Maybe I worded it bad. optic will have less choices out there than they would have had they not vacationed again.

I'm in agreement with you on the less choice thing.

But I am a bit surprised for everyone freaking out on OpTic for going to Orlando. Was it ill-timed? Absolutely.

But put yourself in their shoes. Your closest friends and "teammates" are about to go compete in a tournament after they had a bit of a bump in the road. You get a free trip out. Chance for team bonding, support your fellow OpTic members, and get to go to a great gaming event.

As someone who works in support for an ISP, those delays Prototype is experiencing are honestly stupid things like people not booking the engineers because they are going on vacation and will just hope its resolved by the time the customer comes back. Not to mention technicians being dicks and rescheduling your appointment for 2 weeks away cause they dont want to drive that far etc.

Infuriating for both parties involved. Remember, ISP's want to give you a decent service as much as you want it and dont believe what a sales agent tells you unless you have it in writing, then its a legal obligation to provide it.

Connecting to a fibre service doesnt always mean great speeds. They promise up to 100mb but if you live over 2km from the exchange good luck getting about 24mb down. You can achieve that 100mb if youre closer to the fibre cabinet/exchange.

I found someone that worked there through my Twitter complaints and they hooked it up and told me that the representative that called me was an idiot and I was still scheduled for tomorrow

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I found someone that worked there through my Twitter complaints and they hooked it up and told me that the representative that called me was an idiot and I was still scheduled for tomorrow

Its a fairly entry level job, so a lot of employees arent extremely motivated, they just want the (bad) paycheck and not to be fired. (No offence to anyone - I'm talking about myself here too).
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Nice job TB.  We did it!   :kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Satellite internet - 3 MBps. I would highly doubt that you could play consistently on that.

I play on 1.5mb up and down, it's fine most of the time, soild 150 ping

• Upvote (+1) 4

You're a better person than me.

Okay so I've recently moved and am being forced to play on wifi (I know....) my signal and speeds are actually decent but my ping is like 240... what can I do to fix this? I've determined powerline adapters wont work and upgrading my router to the newest technology may cost me around 200.00 which is money I don't have. Do I have any other alternatives?

Could someone kindly quote me with all the recent team changes?

Thank you!

CLG - Same 

------BELOW IS UNCONFIRMED (but a little confirmed)-------

e6 - Cratos, bubu, Stellur, Suspector

nV - Mikwen, Ola, Snip3down, Huke (basically confirmed)

c9 - Commonly, Spartan, Penguin, Rayne

EG - Roy, Lunchbox - Have been testing Ninja, Naded, Contra, Dev

ALG - Contra, Dev, Rammy, ??? OR RyaNoob, Heinz, Shooter, Victory X

Liquid - Eco, Danoxide - were testing eL ToWN and Suspector before Suspector moved to e6

Optic - lol

This is all from the top of my head so I might have fucked up, but this is basically it. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

CLG - Same 

Liquid - Eco, Danoxide - were testing eL ToWN and Suspector before Suspector moved to e6

Optic - lol

This is all from the top of my head so I might have fucked up, but this is basically it. 

ALG has been testing Rammy & Victory X, other ALG has tried out Shooter & eL Town(not Vic X). And the TL that tested out eL Town & Suspec was Eco & Stellur, not Danoxide.

CLG - Same

Optic - lol

eL Town was the fourth with the ryanheinz team, VictoryX was confirmed running with Contra/Devon last night by Chad.

Liquid was Eco/Stellur/Suspector running fourths, but the other two left Eco to go to E6. So Eco/Danoxide are kinda forced to stick together if they want to keep that pro seed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Somebody needs to catch me up here. How is this basically confirmed?

If a team loses its league spot, what happens to it? Is it played for? 

We don't know

sheldon-cooper-and-his-papers-o.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its a fairly entry level job, so a lot of employees arent extremely motivated, they just want the (bad) paycheck and not to be fired. (No offence to anyone - I'm talking about myself here too).

My ISP recently decided to come out and disconnect my internet randomly on 3 separate occasions. I have "auto bill pay" setup so I have never missed a payment / late payment etc.

I remember I caught the tech out there once and he said he would reconnect it after he ate lunch.. He proceeds to get into his van and eat Wendy's while I stood on the sidewalk watching him eat McNuggets in his van for 5min, until my serial killer stare finally got to him and he reconnected it lol.

Never got an explanation until finally someone told me it was a screw up and my neighbor didn't pay his bill and they kept DQing mine by accident... Sigh

• Upvote (+1) 4

Guys, Optic was going to be getting the short end of the stick in free agency even if they decided not to go to Orlando.

• Upvote (+1) 5