CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why you gotta be posting TLN stuff, shit just makes me sad thinking about what we once had.

Completely off topic but do any of you have frontier communication for Internet service? And happen to live in California? I just had to switch to them when I moved to a different area and they're the only viable service that doesn't have a data limit with Internet. I've spent almost 4 weeks trying to get internet INSTALLED and keep getting pushed back because of mistakes by them. Was wondering if the service/quality is just bad for everyone and I'm not just getting more Zeke luck

Why you gotta be posting TLN stuff, shit just makes me sad thinking about what we once had.

Yeah between TLN and MLG events we had so much content to watch it was unreal for the time period. The quality of everything was pretty high too in 2010. I would trade Pro League/Worlds as a spectator for the old MLG events with TLN between in a heart beat. 

Completely off topic but do any of you have frontier communication for Internet service? And happen to live in California? I just had to switch to them when I moved to a different area and they're the only viable service that doesn't have a data limit with Internet. I've spent almost 4 weeks trying to get internet INSTALLED and keep getting pushed back because of mistakes by them. Was wondering if the service/quality is just bad for everyone and I'm not just getting more Zeke luck

Are you getting DSL service? Frontier is owned by Verizon and when I had their service it was awful, but it was a few years back. I only was getting roughly 12 down and 1-2 up which made gaming difficult along with streaming netflix or other services.

Are you getting DSL service? Frontier is owned by Verizon and when I had their service it was awful, but it was a few years back. I only was getting roughly 12 down and 1-2 up which made gaming difficult along with streaming netflix or other services.

I ordered the 50/50 internet but have been having trouble even getting them out to my house to install it

Silver-plated, CE Magnum... Or any other Iconic weapons. So many things that could be trophies. I won't lie though... the design for the Pro League Summer Finals was ruined by that gross chrome-ish finish they used on it, none of the details could show.

I'd want to see the original Legendary Shield on a plinth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I ordered the 50/50 internet but have been having trouble even getting them out to my house to install it

Verizon created "Frontier" because they were getting bad rep when Verizon was the name for all the services. The only thing that I have heard people enjoyed from Verizon was the Fios, but the support hasn't ever been good and the service outside of the Fiber Optic doesn't match cable providers.

Off topic as well but does anyone here have HughesNET (think thats what its called). I think it's for people that live in really remote areas and don't have access to regular internet services. Just wondering what the speeds were like or if you can even connect to XBL with it. 

I'd want to see the original Legendary Shield on a plinth.

With a talking elite head too, spouts puckett MLG lines when you press a button.

What... There's nothing wrong with that.

I live in CT where they just purchased a bunch of landlines from AT&T.  Same story.  People abandoned them in droves because their services got "re-graded" (ie it got slower).

Just for accuracy, Frontier was not created by Verizon btw.  Its been a company for a very long time, just under different names.  It purchased a lot of landlines from Verizon a few years back in one of the biggest purchases of its kind to that point, but it's not a Verizon company.

Its all relative though, broadband providers in the US are terribad.  Charter, Frontier, Comcast, Time-warner, etc are all some of the lowest rated companies in the country.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Off topic as well but does anyone here have HughesNET (think thats what its called). I think it's for people that live in really remote areas and don't have access to regular internet services. Just wondering what the speeds were like or if you can even connect to XBL with it. 

Satellite internet - 3 MBps. I would highly doubt that you could play consistently on that.

It's satellite internet.  It "works" and you can connect to XBL with it, but the latency is so so bad that you cant really play games.  we're talking ping of like 250+ here, plus issues with the weather.  its great for connecting people in the middle of nowhere to civilization, but no good for gaming.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The name is cursed I'm sure of it but it's all we got.

I have Frontier.

My service is fine since they "updated" my area (whatever that means..).  Before that, I had constant drops and about half the speed sold to me, but they were the only provider in my area.

Now though, I have no complaints.  It's not great internet compared to a lot of others, but I live in a rural area, and it is consistent and get the job done.

Costumer service on the other hand....horrible.  Wait time to get anything fixed has never been less than 2 weeks for me.

still think eg would be better with roybox ninja and a more consistent 4th like victory x. he does not put up huge numbers but fits any role.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Appreciate the replies, just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone. On topic don't see the ninja Naded roybox team happening, seems like a Jenga tower just waiting to be blown over. Great players but don't think they'll mesh

still think eg would be better with roybox ninja and a more consistent 4th like victory x. he does not put up huge numbers but fits any role.

Anyone know who VicX is running games with? Kinda sad...I thought VicX and Ninj were inseparable.

Appreciate the replies, just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone. On topic don't see the ninja Naded roybox team happening, seems like a Jenga tower just waiting to be blown over. Great players but don't think they'll mesh

Who else would Ninja team with? 

Who else would Ninja team with?

Honestly idk, I guess you're right, maybe they'll settle. Just to keep the seed and stuff idk

I'd rather us not dwell on the past and keep on with the hate towards 343/ESL etc etc but instead build on what we have, iron out the kinks, fix the issues based on feedback and have a kick ass league.

I'm really looking forward to Fall season and the future of Halo, summer had a few bumps in the road of course along the way but we will smooth them out I assure you. Simmsv2 is my skype, [email protected] is my email, DMs on here and Twitter are always open gents! If you want to pass stuff on im here and im listening and ill do what I can, I'll never promise the world or an instant fix but I will always try! :)

I just saw the past season of the pro league as a trial & error process which isn't a bad thing at all, because there's no harm in trying something out in your first season right? I'm glad that feedback from the community is taken into consideration even if some of the higher ups at 343/ESL choose not to check out these forums. Also thank you for letting the community approach you with ideas for next season, as there are a plethora of ideas that the community has to improve the Pro League 

The teams are going to be all set before OpTic even gets back from Orlando. If they want to make moves, nothing will be available.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The teams are going to be all set before OpTic even gets back from Orlando. If they want to make moves, nothing will be available.

Disagree entirely.

We'll get a few waves of roster swaps after a few scrim meltdowns. Roster lock is so far away, there will be plenty of time to have second thoughts on a roster.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Honestly, I think Optic's main goal is to stay in the pro league and generate content. There is nothing wrong with that if all players accept it. 

Anyone know who VicX is running games with? Kinda sad...I thought VicX and Ninj were inseparable.

He's currently running with Allegiance (Contra-Devonator)

• Upvote (+1) 2