CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

;)

aaaaaaaaand thats the last time Che showed enthusiasm. with a capital "S" and all

• Upvote (+1) 5

Agreed with everything you said except this.

Ninja's main source of income throughout his professional career has never been tournament earnings. It has mainly being accomplished through streaming and sponsorships. Not saying he doesn't earn money from tournaments but that is definitely a bonus rather than a fixed income. So you see his livelihood isn't really affected which may explain why we have seen so little improvement over the past 5 years.

All that is true, but the dude's a competitor. He wants to win. Just cuz he gets most of his money from streaming doesn't mean he's complacent or doesn't try improving every single day.

@@ssbChad    :intel: neg making me nervous about who holds that ALG spot.

I believe it all comes down to the org manager as to who gets to stay with ALG, IMO I think if it came down to it Contra and Devon would get it, but at the same time all these teams could look completely different in a few days.

OT but what on earth has happened to el town?

The guy went from a top 3 roster to scriming with liquid, but that roster has disbanded seeing as stellur and suspector are looking like they are apart of E6. 

Same can be said of shooter. these guys have literally been left out in the cold, gotta feel for them, in particularly el town who placed second at worlds and third at season 1 finals.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I don't even want to know how many hours I've spent watching Ninja's stream since 2011 ... let's just say, a lot.  He will never be on a top 2 team imo.  Someone here used the analogy of a "AAAA" player in baseball, someone who puts runs on the board but just doesn't have the other pieces of a complete player.  When Ninja is on fire he's ridiculously good; his shot is incredible; his aggression often pays off.  But he tilts and his decision-making has shown zero signs of improving in the past five years.  It's amazing to me because his livelihood literally depends on it.  

He's the kind of person that is good at literally any game he plays, i.e. H1Z1. I think if he'd put the time in to Halo and stop streaming or playing other games he would be more likely to land on a top team. I think he also needs to be more teachable and eat a slice of humble pie. He tends to get defensive any time someone critiques his gameplay/decision-making. I LOVE the dude. My favorite player. Does he have his flaws? Yes, most definitely. But to say he will never be on a "top" team isn't fair imo. He's an incredible player. He just needs to be more teachable.

aaaaaaaaand thats the last time Che showed enthusiasm. with a capital "S" and all

esports is the correct way to write it as of about 16 months or so ago. It was added to the dictionary. eSports is wrong.

Me and shooter are washed now apparently

The first step is admitting it.. I'm proud of you :lxthul:

He's the kind of person that is good at literally any game he plays, i.e. H1Z1. I think if he'd put the time in to Halo and stop streaming or playing other games he would be more likely to land on a top team. I think he also needs to be more teachable and eat a slice of humble pie. He tends to get defensive any time someone critiques his gameplay/decision-making. I LOVE the dude. My favorite player. Does he have his flaws? Yes, most definitely. But to say he will never be on a "top" team isn't fair imo. He's an incredible player. He just needs to be more teachable.

I guess my point is that the past five years have shown very little progress in terms of being "more teachable."  People on TB will watch a scrim where he listens to Hamy for five minutes and say "Ninja has changed!" but he remains mostly unteachable.  He doesn't seem especially arrogant but maybe it's just that he really thinks he's better than most of the players he's teamed with?  Maybe

While I agree with a lot of your points, I don't think we would see the lack of practice that we saw last season. No real reason, just a feeling.

I agree. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by how much more they'll be practicing this upcoming season. There's a couple reasons for why they would practice more too.

Change of team atmosphere - sometimes all it takes is a team change for players to have more enjoyment in practicing, especially true since they will no longer be teaming with someone they had been practicing with for more than a year

Next season will be during the fall - common for many people to slack off during the summer for an assortment of reasons

They'll be teaming with Naded and he loves to grind so they'll be a lot more likely to be convinced to play more(double this if they pickup Ninja)

Learn from their mistakes - I'm sure they've noticed that their lack of practice was a major reason for not making top 4 last season and they'll have it in them to change that. 

Seems to me that people are quick to forget that EG were one of the most practiced teams leading up to HWC, over practiced in fact. No ones saying they'll reach CLG's level of practice but they can definitely grind it out enough to make top 4. Not saying its a sure thing but saying they have no chance of making top 4 when we haven't even seen what team they have or some of their competition play yet is a little short sighted.

it isn't that he can't be taught or isn't willing to improve.

He's impulsive and it gets the better of him. Sometimes it gets the better of him more often.

His biggest issue right now is knowing when to change up his playstyle. We've seen the data - the huge amounts of damage dealt, lots of kills, but also tons of time spent on respawn. His pressure is a huge asset to his team. He provides constant pressure that allows his teammates to really work and get kills.

But when they're on their heels it is just him not finishing kills or creating opportunities for his team and at his worst, endlessly dying. He needs to do a better job of recognizing when this is happening.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I thought a lot of his discussions with RoyBox were a total cringe fest personally. There were numerous times where he disagreed with them and Towey and just sort of talked over them about what the strat should be or whatever wrong.

Bro, Towey is a god in man skin clothing.

it isn't that he can't be taught or isn't willing to improve.

He's impulsive and it gets the better of him. Sometimes it gets the better of him more often.

His biggest issue right now is knowing when to change up his playstyle. We've seen the data - the huge amounts of damage dealt, lots of kills, but also tons of time spent on respawn. His pressure is a huge asset to his team. He provides constant pressure that allows his teammates to really work and get kills.

But when they're on their heels it is just him not finishing kills or creating opportunities for his team and at his worst, endlessly dying. He needs to do a better job of recognizing when this is happening.

This is pretty spot on, in my opinion.

Anybody have tonight's scrim intel?

- Will we finally see NV?

- Is there a Liquid roster scrimming?

- Are Contra/Devon running with anyone?

- Is last night's edition of EG going to give it another shot?

P.S. At one point last night Towey said something about most of the things they were screwing up being "fixable mistakes." Not sure if that was still the mentality at the end.

I thought a lot of his discussions with RoyBox were a total cringe fest personally. There were numerous times where he disagreed with them and Towey and just sort of talked over them about what the strat should be or whatever wrong.

Bro, Towey is a god in man skin clothing.

I didn't watch the scrims, but I though Ogre2 was coaching EG last night? Or was that a total joke and I took it seriously?

I guess my point is that the past five years have shown very little progress in terms of being "more teachable."  People on TB will watch a scrim where he listens to Hamy for five minutes and say "Ninja has changed!" but he remains mostly unteachable.  He doesn't seem especially arrogant but maybe it's just that he really thinks he's better than most of the players he's teamed with?  Maybe

It likely has nothing to do an ego or thoughts of being superior. Changing habits is hard. Even harder when the habit isn't actually bad all the time. How many years do you think he built up the habit of being overly aggressive and generally just impulsive? Part of it is probably just who he is as a person. A lot of players just play and don't exactly calculate everything they're doing as they're doing it and rely on really general strategy and experiences that they hammer in over the games lifespan.

Anybody have tonight's scrim intel?

- Will we finally see NV?

- Is there a Liquid roster scrimming?

- Are Contra/Devon running with anyone?

- Is last night's edition of EG going to give it another shot?

P.S. At one point last night Towey said something about most of the things they were screwing up being "fixable mistakes." Not sure if that was still the mentality at the end.

I still think we'll see Contra and Devon run games with Penguin and Commonly at some point, I also think it would be interesting to see Contra/Devon possibly play with Suspector/Stellur

• Upvote (+1) 1

esports is the correct way to write it as of about 16 months or so ago. It was added to the dictionary. eSports is wrong.

i know.  thats what i was referring to, he got it wrong.  should have put a /s or some shit lol

I didn't watch the scrims, but I though Ogre2 was coaching EG last night? Or was that a total joke and I took it seriously?

No idea. Tom sounds a lot like Towey through Ninjas stream if so. Sort of helps my point even more though.

I think Ninja has to be a nightmare as a coach.