CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sorry if it's been posted  but what was the final score of the EG/E6 scrim?

17 - 8 in favor of E6.

Someone posted a full breakdown of the series a few pages back

Watching a good portion of the games between new EG and E6 I thought EG had some decent com work at times, call outs, having help, not having help.

With time, and Towey, I think ninja and naded with roybox will improve and I look forward to hopefully seeing how they progress.

Sorry if it's been posted  but what was the final score of the EG/E6 scrim?

For those who missed the scrim:

E6 vs. EG

(Stellur, Suspector, Cratos, & Bubu Dubu) vs. (Roy, Ninja, Naded, & Lunchbox).

Final Score: E6 17-8 EG

Coli Flag: 3-0 E6

Plaza Slayer: 50-38 EG

Rig SH: 100-16 E6

Truth Flag: 3-1 EG

Regret Slayer: 50-48 EG

Eden SH: 100-57 E6

Rig Slayer: 50-47 E6

Fathom Flag: 3-2 E6

Eden Slayer: 50-31 EG

Empire SH: 100-5 E6

Truth Slayer: 50- 34 E6

Statis Flag: 3-1 EG

Coli Slayer: 50-32 E6

Plaza SH: 100-94 EG

1st Series: E6 8-6 EG

Coli Flag: 3-1 E6

Plaza Slayer: 50-35 EG

Rig SH: 100-36 E6

Regret Slayer: 50-46 E6

Truth Flag: 3-1 EG

Eden Slayer: 50-41 E6

Empire SH: 100-64 E6

Fathom Flag: 3-2 E6

Rig Slayer: 50-49 E6

Eden SH: 100-86 E6

Coli Slayer: 50-40 E6

2nd Series: E6 9-2 EG

Takeaways:

E6: This team fits well together. Stellur is a monster. He & Bubu feel like they were meant for each other. Suspector had a good series too and if can get back to his performance level before/during worlds this team will be a force. Cratos is showing how versatile he is as a player.

EG: Big thing lacking for them right now is their team shooting and bringing their play styles together to fit one another. With this lineup, Roy, Ninja, & Naded all have the ability to go off at any point during any game. They seem very comfortable though in their communication, roles, and map rotations. I think this series is more reflective on how good this is E6 roster is rather than how well this EG lineup fits together.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dammit @@Moses_FPS

Does anyone know if this new NV roster has scrimmaged yet? If they haven't does anyone have any word on when we can see them? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Watching a good portion of the games between new EG and E6 I thought EG had some decent com work at times, call outs, having help, not having help.

With time, and Towey, I think ninja and naded with roybox will improve and I look forward to hopefully seeing how they progress.

Yeah, like I said before I love the move. Naded and Ninja are two of my favorite players. Plus with the professionalism of Towey and Roybox I think it could benefit both players tremendously. Also, I think EG as an org would benefit greatly from this. Both Ninja and Naded are two of the biggest streamers on the scene and they would greatly boost the content for EG. That alongside the new Up to Speed series Towey is doing. I think they will be a successful Top 4-6 roster right now. They need to work on a lot before they can make it up past 4 in my opinion. 

End of Kampy's vlog along with Hoaxer's tweet tells us that FFA will be a part of this upcoming season in some way. Possibly an FFA tournament series type thing similar to the Bic Flex FFA from back in the day? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, like I said before I love the move. Naded and Ninja are two of my favorite players. Plus with the professionalism of Towey and Roybox I think it could benefit both players tremendously. Also, I think EG as an org would benefit greatly from this. Both Ninja and Naded are two of the biggest streamers on the scene and they would greatly boost the content for EG. That alongside the new Up to Speed series Towey is doing. I think they will be a successful Top 4-6 roster right now. They need to work on a lot before they can make it up past 4 in my opinion.

Oh definitely it's going to take work on everyone's part, like Roy said last night, he wasn't expecting the movement that ninj or naded took at certain points because their play is unfamiliar. It'll only get better as they play more, hopefully.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Speaking of that, I went to go check his twitter and saw this

01bb2e23e697bf8e829b65e8835829e3.png

:lxthul:

Christ on a cracker.

#HeyCheGoAway

or please start giving a shit. I guess we shouldn't judge a guys work by his twitter, but its all re-tweets and stuff that has nothing to do with Halo.  Give me something original and show us you care.  Tweet about your own damn game and get some thicker skin. stop blocking people that say things you dont like.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja is also pretty close to the EG team house.

That would be dope if he moved in, but don't think it will happen since he has a girlfriend and all.

Dammit @@Moses_FPS

Does anyone know if this new NV roster has scrimmaged yet? If they haven't does anyone have any word on when we can see them? 

They have run some MM but no scrims.  @@Mikwen said the first team they wanted to scrim was CLG as a litmus test.  Props for having the balls to jump right into the fire, though that could have been a stall tactic until they could announce that Huke was joining as well  :glasses:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm honestly surprised EG managed to win as many games as they did.

I doubt Roy/Lunchbox have played much since not making finals.

Ninja hasn't entirely been focused on Halo since I'd guess he's going to TwitchCon

Naded hasn't played for a while and he had a headache (if you think this is a BS excuse I'd 100% disagree)

I'm not trying to take anything away from E6 either, I'm just honestly surprised EG managed to win some games.

That would be dope if he moved in, but don't think it will happen since he has a girlfriend and all.

Yeah he won't move in, but he can probably play tourneys/league matches over there.

How many "upgrades" do you see at this point?  I only see 1, nV.  I was hoping to see some more parity develop to give you guys a run for it, but other than nV i just dont see it.

I think C9 have certainly Improved

I don't think many would argue against the fact that Rayne is better than Victory X, which judging by the fact Rayne was picked up so quick the pro players seem to agree. 

As for spartan over ninja I think they are roughly the same. But overall that team has improved skill wise.

@Xx_Unconquered

I think people underestimate this team, solely because they lost the slaying prowess of Huke. But people seem to forget, suspector was a top slayer when previously teaming with cratos. Have they improved? probably not but I would say they are just about on par as stellur is certainly better than shooter.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dammit @@Moses_FPS

Mikwen is at his gf's where he got 5 down, 0.5 up or something along those lines, so he wrote here that he'll have to get used to that before scrimming, and as stated before, he wants to scrim CLG first and as many times as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah he won't move in, but he can probably play tourneys/league matches over there.

Something about the greater Chicago area and Org houses we don't know about? It'd be cool to see an Optic/EG LAN*.

*= "Hahaha DAE LAN support?" -Microsoft

I think C9 have certainly Improved

I don't think many would argue against the fact that Rayne is better than Victory X.

I might make that argument, but Rayne has improved markedly which definitely gives him more of an upside.  I think Victory X is a "you know what you are getting" player at this point, which is to say a very skilled, capable player that could benefit many teams but not a guy that you "build" a team around.  I hope he finds a home in the league.  

I might make that argument, but Rayne has improved markedly which definitely gives him more of an upside.  I think Victory X is a "you know what you are getting" player at this point, which is to say a very skilled, capable player that could benefit many teams but not a guy that you "build" a team around.  I hope he finds a home in the league.  

Exactly, he is a reliable player, he is not going to cost you games but at the same time he won't win you any either.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I do agree Ninja can be inconsistent and sometimes he kind of just does his own thing and does not listen. But, I don't think he is unintelligent or not strategic like the above poster said. I like the EG roster. I want to see them do well but i just idkkk. From the 4-5 games I watched E6 was giving them the business. I think they only won the slayer games out of the 4-5 I watched.

I don't even want to know how many hours I've spent watching Ninja's stream since 2011 ... let's just say, a lot.  He will never be on a top 2 team imo.  Someone here used the analogy of a "AAAA" player in baseball, someone who puts runs on the board but just doesn't have the other pieces of a complete player.  When Ninja is on fire he's ridiculously good; his shot is incredible; his aggression often pays off.  But he tilts and his decision-making has shown zero signs of improving in the past five years.  It's amazing to me because his livelihood literally depends on it.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's amazing to me because his livelihood literally depends on it.  

Agreed with everything you said except this.

Ninja's main source of income throughout his professional career has never been tournament earnings. It has mainly been accomplished through streaming and sponsorships. Not saying he doesn't earn money from tournaments but that is definitely a bonus rather than a fixed income. So you see his livelihood isn't really affected which may explain why we have seen so little improvement over the past 5 years. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1