CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Testicular cancer, when caught early, has a 99% survival rate.

Pretty sure it came back a second time after the doctors gave him the clear. That's at least a bit concerning.

Sick post though.

Allegiance won 9-0-1 (Tying Stasis CTF) vs Very Nerdy's team.

Next time hopefully we get on earlier before all the pro teams already have scrims :^)

*Edit* Also no, this team is not final. Nothing's final til roster lock :^)

*Contra ALG

The phrase potential top 4 has to be the most overused term on this forum.

Let us just break down this roster piece by piece.

Naded: Noone is doubting naded ability wise. He came second at worlds. Carried optic into the pro league. However, Naded throughout his entire career has been known to be a headcase. He is the definition of inconsistent. We as a collective have heard and seen countless examples of this. We know he was a problem prior to worlds which contributed to allegiance not getting a lot of practice. He then bailed on optic right before the pro league and was TOXIC on that roster.

Ninja: Everyone's beloved streamer. again no one is doubting his ability. However, he is also inconsistent and isn't exactly known to be intelligent or strategic. If you listened to the HCS listen in with penquin and hamy you would have heard them say (paraphrasing here) "ninja is very good as long as he listens to what you are telling him to do".

Roybox: I have critiqued this duo since worlds and will continue to do so, I think anyone teaming with this duo is absolutely crazy. They cannot grind, it just is not feasible for this team to work as hard as others. If you aren't working as hard as others you will be left behind. It is notable that suspector and snipedown made it onto two of the top three rosters whereas roybox are looking slightly lower down the pecking order as players know they are not as strong as they once were and are in fact a hindrance to a team's growth. (just to reiterate I am not doubting their skill, I am just pointing out the fact that if they cannot grind consistently WHICH THEY CANT then they will be left behind which is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO EG, if you fail to see this you are quite frankly blind.

Add in the fact that all four like to argue and bicker and think they are always right, then this roster will be a solid 5 - 6th placed team.

Just look at the other rosters formed:

CLG: Lethul, Snakebite, Royal 2 and Frosty

NV: Snipedown, Huke, Mikwen and Ola

E6: Cratos, Suspector, Bubu Dubu and Steelur

C9: Hammy, Penguin, Rayne and Spartan

Does anyone think that the EG roster will grind enough, be cohesive enough and support each other enough to knock any of those teams off their perch? I don't think so.

While I agree with a lot of your points, I don't think we would see the lack of practice that we saw last season. No real reason, just a feeling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i just hope contra and predev don't get screwed over by rostermania. they always seem to end up on mediocre teams because of the stigma that they don't grind. also, ya'll sleepin' on heinz and ryanoob still; they're still great f/a's. heinz ryanoob rammyy and maybe victory would be a solid squad.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG looking like the new HCS bottom feeders

can ninja really not get on a better team?

they'll be better than Liquid and Optic... and competing for that 4/5/6 slot. Might not be as strong of a team as last season, but not too different.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Testicular cancer, when caught early, has a 99% survival rate.

I can't tell if you are pointing out a fact or just being a douche......
  • Upvote (+1) 6

they'll be better than Liquid and Optic... and competing for that 4/5/6 slot. Might not be as strong of a team as last season, but not too different.

i very strongly disagree that the current EG roster will be anywhere near 4th place

and no they won't be better than c9 (liquid) since they upgraded big time, rayne and spartan > ninja and victory x

^(derp wrong team lol)

EG wasn't good last season, like not even a little bit, they got swept by every good team

roybox = boat anchors imo

the only reason why EG wasn't in 7th/8th last season is eric wrona 

edit: you may be right about 6th place

new EG

liquid

optic

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I too am really worried about the amount of time and energy RoyBox can put into H5 going forward.

People will argue that Lunchbox did it throughout H2A but the majority of the meta and strategy for that game was 10 years old and all but set in stone. H5 is a different animal and still evolving, therefore the amount of time it requires is much greater.

The twins tilting and bickering was fine when they were on top because it was minuscule little mistakes or disagreements that ultimately didn't effect the overall results, they were just chasing perfection which they damn near mastered in H2A. The bickering in H5, however, seems to be about major strategies such as rotations and flag routes etc which they did not have enough time to study and agree upon last season. The last "Up To Speed" episode showed how frustrated EG was with their lack of teamwork/chemistry.

I really hope they figure it out but real life doesn't slow down and they're making the right choices in life.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who the fuck is arguing that being up until 1 am when you are used to waking up at 6 is not going to be detrimental to performance?  Do you have any concept of how important sleep is to performance/concentration/recovery ability?  30 year olds staying up until 2 am on work nights is not "normal" and its not thriving, its just surviving which is a huge difference.  And this isn't the same debate we have had in the past about being a night person vs a day person.  regardless of your natural circadian rhythm the amount of sleep that everybody needs is remarkably similar (7 - 9 hours).  And being on a consistent sleep schedule is important too.  There is research out there that shows that people who change their sleep/wake times by more than an hour throughout the week are at a higher risk for stroke for gods sake. This isn't any opinion or debate, its a fact.  Anybody that thinks you can just "tough it out" and still perform at a high level is (as @@Snip3down would say) daft.

I still think that the Contra/Devon combo for EG is a better fit just because of their ability to practice/not practice and perform well.  Or perhaps the lack of practice this last season wasn't the twins fault and they just never called anybody out because they are rare true professionals in this sport.  Still, maybe the "old pros" are better because they wont just be fly's on the wall of RoyBox's bickering either.  I do feel like they need someone to tell them to shut the fuck up and move on sometimes.

LOL i guess i dont really know! i just want to see the twins ride off into the sunset with a W, or at least a good payday, and think that is more likely with Contra/Dev

• Upvote (+1) 7

The phrase potential top 4 has to be the most overused term on this forum.

Let us just break down this roster piece by piece.

Naded: Noone is doubting naded ability wise. He came second at worlds. Carried optic into the pro league. However, Naded throughout his entire career has been known to be a headcase. He is the definition of inconsistent. We as a collective have heard and seen countless examples of this. We know he was a problem prior to worlds which contributed to allegiance not getting a lot of practice. He then bailed on optic right before the pro league and was TOXIC on that roster. 

Ninja: Everyone's beloved streamer. again no one is doubting his ability. However, he is also inconsistent and isn't exactly known to be intelligent or strategic. If you listened to the HCS listen in with penquin and hamy you would have heard them say (paraphrasing here) "ninja is very good as long as he listens to what you are telling him to do".

Roybox: I have critiqued this duo since worlds and will continue to do so, I think anyone teaming with this duo is absolutely crazy. They cannot grind, it just is not feasible for this team to work as hard as others. If you aren't working as hard as others you will be left behind. It is notable that suspector and snipedown made it onto two of the top three rosters whereas roybox are looking slightly lower down the pecking order as players know they are not as strong as they once were and are in fact a hindrance to a team's growth. (just to reiterate I am not doubting their skill, I am just pointing out the fact that if they cannot grind consistently WHICH THEY CANT then they will be left behind which is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO EG, if you fail to see this you are quite frankly blind.

Add in the fact that all four like to argue and bicker and think they are always right, then this roster will be a solid 5 - 6th placed team. 

Just look at the other rosters formed:

CLG: Lethul, Snakebite, Royal 2 and Frosty

NV: Snipedown, Huke, Mikwen and Ola

E6: Cratos, Suspector, Bubu Dubu and Steelur

C9: Hammy, Penguin, Rayne and Spartan

Does anyone think that the EG roster will grind enough, be cohesive enough and support each other enough to knock any of those teams off their perch? I don't think so.

You made a lot of valid points, I agree with pretty much all you said. When I said potential I mean if everything falls into place and they grind/click. I personally think Ninja deserves better. I'm not too fond with him teaming with Naded but we will see though. In my opinion if things do click between them I can see them taking a series from C9 or E6. Hard to tell about NV since we haven't got to see them play. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

These are very VERRRRRY interesting teams. Sorry for the slack guys I fly back tomorrow afternoon then no more clg breaks. Gotta test some of these guys out.

Awesome - need some CLG in there testing folks. 

These are very VERRRRRY interesting teams. Sorry for the slack guys I fly back tomorrow afternoon then no more clg breaks. Gotta test some of these guys out.

How many "upgrades" do you see at this point?  I only see 1, nV.  I was hoping to see some more parity develop to give you guys a run for it, but other than nV i just dont see it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

who is still on liquid?

eco and danoxide?

If they want to team, that is, but yes, those looks to be the only Liquid people left without a new team(as Stellur is on E6 & Spartan C9). I can imagine Eco can get better offers, though. Makes you wonder what will happen if Liquid ends up with no team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they want to team, that is, but yes, those looks to be the only Liquid people left without a new team(as Stellur is on E6 & Spartan C9). I can imagine Eco can get better offers, though. Makes you wonder what will happen if Liquid ends up with no team.

If only there were some sort of book of rules we could consult to answer such questions.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've seen people mention a mid season LAN, but how about a pre-season LAN? Every team is invited and seeded where they ended last seeded.

Aren't really any options for him right now it doesn't seem like. I'd imagine he and Danoxide will  just be a to2 and pick up the best two they can get so they at least stay in the league.

@@Vivi, any clues to what happens when a seed disbands? Will Denial get the seed or will there be a LCQ of some sort?

It's a real shame to see players pushed out of their pro league spots that they worked hard to earn, Ninja, Vic, Shooter to name a few.

Edit: I will often refer back to Mikwen's choice to go with Ola in January. In times like rostermainia often players who don't make the moves will be left in the dust, having to scrape together 3rd or 4th tier options than what they had. The drama is hype af sometimes but it sucks. Especially since a lot of us are player fans rather than org fans,

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's a real shame to see players pushed out of their pro league spots that they worked hard to earn, Ninja, Vic, Shooter to name a few.

Would actually be awesome to watch if we had open bracket events.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I do agree Ninja can be inconsistent and sometimes he kind of just does his own thing and does not listen. But, I don't think he is unintelligent or not strategic like the above poster said. I like the EG roster. I want to see them do well but i just idkkk. From the 4-5 games I watched E6 was giving them the business. I think they only won the slayer games out of the 4-5 I watched.

• Upvote (+1) 4