CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The biggest problem with this EG squad is they won't grind. I'm sorry and I know they played a 20 game scrim tonight but Roy and Lunch have full time jobs. Naded streams during the day occasionally and Ninja played a few hours a day regularly. At best, during pro league I can see a total of maybe 25 scrim matches a week out of this team. They have enough problems as is.

Not trying to say they're bad, but I hope no one here has fooled themselves into believing this team can compete with a team like CLG or NV, who I can see playing 40-50 scrim matches per week. 

I don't think this squad will scrim less than any other team. Maybe they'll all play less arena than other players but I don't think you need to grind 8 hours a day to be good at the game. I found myself doing worse when I did nothing but play Halo and I did better when I only played a few hours each day and took days off.

This EG squad just oozes sodium, can you imagine naded and ninja tilting while the twins argue? IMO, there's less chance of this team sticking together than w0uld having a concise thought.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On the other hand, Ninj and Naded might be two of the only players who wouldn't just fade into the wallpaper and let RoyBox duke it out. Perhaps that's actually a good thing.

I'm actually really hyped about all of the teams right now. NV seems ridic on paper, E6 still seems strong despite losing their best player, and this new C9 could definitely be promising too. Obviously EG is going to be a crowd favorite. I really want to see good things from them, but their opening scrims weren't overly awe-inspiring. Of course all of the "just the first scrim" disclaimers still apply, but you usually know if you have a fire squad from pretty early on. Not sure we're seeing it out of the new EG.

• Upvote (+1) 2

E6, nV and Comonly's team are looking very dangerous.

Best 3 new rosters, IMO

These are very VERRRRRY interesting teams. Sorry for the slack guys I fly back tomorrow afternoon then no more clg breaks. Gotta test some of these guys out.

You're supposed to be a forum poster first.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think Naded has been fine attitude wise tonight. 

Give it 3 days.

If EG are deadset on Ninja, I'd much rather Victory be the 4th than Naded.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Love how Cratos' stream name is "E6 is a family" and all I can think is, sans Huke. Ahhhh, sorry mate. 

Love how Cratos' stream name is "E6 is a family" and all I can think is, sans Huke. Ahhhh, sorry mate.

the family that complimented their member who carried at the last event and then kicked him off
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Really not sure how to feel about this potential EG squad. At times they flashed a lot of chemistry but for the most part it seemed off. I believe if they grind they can be a top 4 team for sure though. It's odd seeing Ninja playing with the twins though, never would I've thought they'd team. I'm expecting them to not click right away though since they've hardly played together to my knowledge. This season should be interesting. 

These are very VERRRRRY interesting teams. Sorry for the slack guys I fly back tomorrow afternoon then no more clg breaks. Gotta test some of these guys out.

#CLGWIN

the family that complimented their member who carried at the last event and then kicked him off

riggt I felt like shooter was second best on the team.

In memory of those fallen

bFjD6ke.png

in the shitposting of TeamBeyond and her threads

God speed Coop, god speed.

In all seriousness, I'm actually gonna miss Cooper.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Really not sure how to feel about this potential EG squad. At times they flashed a lot of chemistry but for the most part it seemed off. I believe if they grind they can be a top 4 team for sure though. It's odd seeing Ninja playing with the twins though, never would I've thought they'd team. I'm expecting them to not click right away though since they've hardly played together to my knowledge. This season should be interesting. 

The phrase potential top 4 has to be the most overused term on this forum.

Let us just break down this roster piece by piece.

Naded: Noone is doubting naded ability wise. He came second at worlds. Carried optic into the pro league. However, Naded throughout his entire career has been known to be a headcase. He is the definition of inconsistent. We as a collective have heard and seen countless examples of this. We know he was a problem prior to worlds which contributed to allegiance not getting a lot of practice. He then bailed on optic right before the pro league and was TOXIC on that roster. 

Ninja: Everyone's beloved streamer. again no one is doubting his ability. However, he is also inconsistent and isn't exactly known to be intelligent or strategic. If you listened to the HCS listen in with penquin and hamy you would have heard them say (paraphrasing here) "ninja is very good as long as he listens to what you are telling him to do".

Roybox: I have critiqued this duo since worlds and will continue to do so, I think anyone teaming with this duo is absolutely crazy. They cannot grind, it just is not feasible for this team to work as hard as others. If you aren't working as hard as others you will be left behind. It is notable that suspector and snipedown made it onto two of the top three rosters whereas roybox are looking slightly lower down the pecking order as players know they are not as strong as they once were and are in fact a hindrance to a team's growth. (just to reiterate I am not doubting their skill, I am just pointing out the fact that if they cannot grind consistently WHICH THEY CANT then they will be left behind which is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO EG, if you fail to see this you are quite frankly blind.

Add in the fact that all four like to argue and bicker and think they are always right, then this roster will be a solid 5 - 6th placed team. 

Just look at the other rosters formed:

CLG: Lethul, Snakebite, Royal 2 and Frosty

NV: Snipedown, Huke, Mikwen and Ola

E6: Cratos, Suspector, Bubu Dubu and Steelur

C9: Hammy, Penguin, Rayne and Spartan

Does anyone think that the EG roster will grind enough, be cohesive enough and support each other enough to knock any of those teams off their perch? I don't think so.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Testicular cancer, when caught early, has a 99% survival rate.

Didn't mean to rep you at all there sorry, positive or negative.  Can't tell your tone with this one??

its still cancer....

• Upvote (+1) 2