CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

alright that double scrim showed a lot about potential EG's willingness to grind.

E6 younger bodies might have helped them a little in that second 13 game series.. we all remember being 17-18 and able to stay up grinding all night like that..

ninja looked comfortable. 

roy seemed impressed with ninja.

hope it sticks. yall know my feelings though. 

want 3 mainslayers and an obj instead of 2 mains and 2 objs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 16

E6 younger bodies might have helped them a little in that second 13 game series.. we all remember being 17-18 and able to stay up grinding all night like that..

uwotm8
  • Upvote (+1) 9

uwotm8

I'm convinced every one of W0uld's posts is a troll at this point

Are we actually going to pretend that isn't a valid point?

In my mind, that's a completely fair thing to point out. Maybe could've been phrased as young sleep schedules (read: destroyed sleep schedules) that players like Naded, Roy, LBX, and Ninja can't do with their jobs or streaming schedules.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In my mind, that's a completely fair thing to point out. Maybe could've been phrased as young sleep schedules (read: destroyed sleep schedules) that players like Naded, Roy, LBX, and Ninja can't do with their jobs or streaming schedules.

Sure that's a valid point but for a second there I thought they were 80 yr old men with bad knees  :kappa:

It ended at 1 am CST I really doubt that effected their game much. They're big boys they can handle being up a little past bedtime.

Everyone on that EG squad has life responsibilities (wife, GF, kid) Its def a valid point. They went 6-8 in the first series which is a game from being even. They were clearly burnt out towards the end of the 2nd series.

It's a combination of 343 wanting Radar (due to universal settings) AND Halo 5's erratic movement. Spartan and Lethul are some pros that explicitly states the game needs Radar.

Gonna stop talking about settings but just know that the pros are working with 343 to assure we are playing what is most competitive for Halo 5's current state.

Pros have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo as they are currently the best players with the way things are.

They can deny it but people will subconsciously rationalize opinions that benefit them and fit their worldview.

And tbh I don't fully blame this easy rationalization as you could make a logical argument that radar is necessary due to erratic movement, which just further confirms that the movement is poorly designed for competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

cant help if yall cant understand how i write. idk. ive tried explaining things but i just dig myself into a deeper hole.

so lets dig for the sake of my sanity. 

what i meant by younger bodies is in fact exactly what @@Pono said. 

roy lunch and ninja all have full time jobs outside of halo and do not stay up all night every night playing halo. 

thus when i said the sentence younger bodies i implied that because they are young and their only responsibility is to play and be good at halo, they (e6) can excel at a later time of night after ninja, naded, roy, and lunchbox, had all been playing all morning and all day while the players of e6 slept..

@cyrn or whoever. @@Moa @anyonewithpower

its time for the full red bar.. bring it on. or a black bar. or whatever bar you want to give me thats not this green blob.

edit: i have given up, trolls have won. rip harambe

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 13

How young are some of you that you think the difference in staying up to 1AM is that different between someone 17-18 to someone 24-27...

I know more 30 year olds who stay out at bars until 2 than I knew high schoolers who did. Naded is the only one that has a kid but he's up way late streaming all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

How young are some of you that you think the difference in staying up to 1AM is that different between someone 17-18 to someone 24-27...

I know more 30 year olds who stay out at bars until 2 than I knew high schoolers who did.

not about age about full time jobs that require ones full attention

roy and lunch are electricians

ninja streams full time.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

not about age about full time jobs that require ones full attention

roy and lunch are electricians

ninja streams full time.

Yeah...most of these people staying up late at bars are also working a full time job during the day. And either way none of them had to work today lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah...most of these people staying up late at bars are also working a full time job during the day. And either way none of them had to work today lol

Sitting and getting drunk is different than sitting and trying to focus on a video game professionally
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

rant/tilt/salt below.

generally curious... why do people think that because che doesnt make an account on here, he isnt passionate about halo or working hard? Sure he is having a rooftop lunch but a lot of you guys are pulling all kinds of meaning out of that just to confirm your own negative views of him.

I love MLG as much as the next guy and would rather have them, but comparing them with esl is really unfair. MLG was not perfect 100% of the time and ESL is not in its infancy but they aren't seasoned vets either. Maybe i just have faith that ESL will learn from all this, or maybe im just tired of the toxic immaturity that a good amount of this forum spews out. Shit maybe im just grumpy or in a bad mood. I know the collective age group as a whole is young and that may help me understand where the immaturity comes from but if you guys cant understand why "important people" dont come here then i dont know what to say. The progress that has been made since the beginning of the hcs has been good. Not great but good and for the most part beyond has gotten what it has wanted. (i know i know, there is still sprint). So im all for lobbying to the guys at esl for changes we would like to see, but again i just wish it didnt feel like such a blood thirsty witch hunt and all out insults to people at esl other than simms (looking at you @franktheshow). I know with such a large population on here, having that kind of uniformity is improbable. But i wish there was a way we could elect a few representatives on here that can have clear, meaningful and mature discussions with employees from esl on a regular basis. Then relaying any info or details in the thread for the rest of us to see. (ideally it would be cool for esl peeps to do that here but i dont see that happening)

Since im still ranting id also like to point out a pet peeve:

posting a comment to say "whoops accidental neg" or "damn miss clicked and gave you an upvote".
Can we just acknowledge the fact that accidental + or -'s happen and that there shouldn't be a need to apologize or explain?

anyways rant over. if you got this far thanks for reading, if not, thats cool too.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Sitting and getting drunk is different than sitting and trying to focus on a video game professionally

I don't know what the bar scene is like in your town but here is involved a lot of standing, socializing, and walking three blocks to the next bar.

But either way these guys are also more conditioned to long gaming sessions. Playing for like three hours on a Sunday isn't exactly brutal to someone because they are in their mid 20s.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

rant/tilt/salt below.

generally curious... why do people think that because che doesnt make an account on here, he isnt passionate about halo or working hard? Sure he is having a rooftop lunch but a lot of you guys are pulling all kinds of meaning out of that just to confirm your own negative views of him.

I love MLG as much as the next guy and would rather have them, but comparing them with esl is really unfair. MLG was not perfect 100% of the time and ESL is not in its infancy but they aren't seasoned vets either. Maybe i just have faith that ESL will learn from all this, or maybe im just tired of the toxic immaturity that a good amount of this forum spews out. Shit maybe im just grumpy or in a bad mood. I know the collective age group as a whole is young and that may help me understand where the immaturity comes from but if you guys cant understand why "important people" dont come here then i dont know what to say. The progress that has been made since the beginning of the hcs has been good. Not great but good and for the most part beyond has gotten what it has wanted. (i know i know, there is still sprint). So im all for lobbying to the guys at esl for changes we would like to see, but again i just wish it didnt feel like such a blood thirsty witch hunt and all out insults to people at esl other than simms (looking at you @franktheshow). I know with such a large population on here, having that kind of uniformity is improbable. But i wish there was a way we could elect a few representatives on here that can have clear, meaningful and mature discussions with employees from esl on a regular basis. Then relaying any info or details in the thread for the rest of us to see. (ideally it would be cool for esl peeps to do that here but i dont see that happening)

Since im still ranting id also like to point out a pet peeve:

posting a comment to say "whoops accidental neg" or "damn miss clicked and gave you an upvote".

Can we just acknowledge the fact that accidental + or -'s happen and that there shouldn't be a need to apologize or explain?

anyways rant over. if you got this far thanks for reading, if not, thats cool too.

The complaints are more about him constantly blocking fans on the one place he even interacts with the community because they criticize legitament things. And then during a major tournament he has zero involvement with it and makes basically no mention of the event.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

@cyrn or whoever. @@Moa @anyonewithpower

its time for the full red bar.. bring it on. or a black bar. or whatever bar you want to give me thats not this green blob.

edit: i have given up, trolls have won. rip harambe

I left in January  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know what the bar scene is like in your town but here is involved a lot of standing, socializing, and walking three blocks to the next bar.

But either way these guys are also more conditioned to long gaming sessions. Playing for like three hours on a Sunday isn't exactly brutal to someone because they are in their mid 20s.

Are you really trying to say that going out with friends to a bar is as mentally exhausting as sitting in front of a monitor for 4 straight hours while playing a very technical game like Halo at the highest level? 

Naded had a headache, Ninja had been streaming all day. All of these guys are over the age of 25. Half of E6 is still in High School.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The biggest problem with this EG squad is they won't grind. I'm sorry and I know they played a 20 game scrim tonight but Roy and Lunch have full time jobs. Naded streams during the day occasionally and Ninja played a few hours a day regularly. At best, during pro league I can see a total of maybe 25 scrim matches a week out of this team. They have enough problems as is.

Not trying to say they're bad, but I hope no one here has fooled themselves into believing this team can compete with a team like CLG or NV, who I can see playing 40-50 scrim matches per week. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Are you really trying to say that going out with friends to a bar is as mentally exhausting as sitting in front of a monitor for 4 straight hours while playing a very technical game like Halo at the highest level?

Naded had a headache, Ninja had been streaming all day. All of these guys are over the age of 25. Half of E6 is still in High School.

Do Ninja fans get so tilted because of him, the other way around, or just a coincidence?

They finished at like 10pm for Naded and 12 for RoyBox. They are professional gamers. If these guys can't handle playing that late they are going to be completely boned at some of these tournaments that have games going this late on Saturdays. Snipedown and Naded are on streaming to like 1-2 CST often in season.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4