CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

A. I'm wrong about most of us wanting to remove radar

B. There's a disconnect between what the community wants and what the pros want

C. 343 doesn't care what we or the pros think

B. (with just a pinch of A)

The pros eat, sleep, and breath Halo 5, and plenty of them have frustrations with it, but the Summer Arena testing process had the pros super involved. Radar removal may not be on the table but they listen to the Pros first and foremost before the community. A ton of pros are happy with the current settings (including Radar), and since they are playing for $100,000s or millions of dollars I think they get priority.

Assault and new maps are being worked on and will probably be revisited for the Fall Season alongside the pros.

Have they announced when the next pro season starts yet?

No but everyone seems to think it'll be in mid-septemberish

Have they announced when the next pro season starts yet?

Rosters lock on August 26th so probably shortly after that (1-3 weeks), with information releasing around that time.

Doesn't sit well with me that Shooter was dropped for Stellur. I'd consider Shooter better. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

B. (with just a pinch of A)

The pros eat, sleep, and breath Halo 5, and plenty of them have frustrations with it, but the Summer Arena testing process had the pros super involved. Radar removal may not be on the table but they listen to the Pros first and foremost before the community. A ton of pros are happy with the current settings (including Radar), and since they are playing for $100,000s or millions of dollars I think they get priority.

Assault and new maps are being worked on and will probably be revisited for the Fall Season alongside the pros.

Yea the only thing that made sense to me was that 343 listened to the pros feedback on settings, but established beforehand that radar and other items were untouchable. Which is just frustrating.

Makes me long for the MLG days even more.

I feel like 2gre has to have way better prospects than to work for EG. Dude should be given a job at 343.

What's wrong with working for eg?

Yea the only thing that made sense to me was that 343 listened to the pros feedback on settings, but established beforehand that radar and other items were untouchable. Which is just frustrating.

Makes me long for the MLG days even more.

It's a combination of 343 wanting Radar (due to universal settings) AND Halo 5's erratic movement. Spartan and Lethul are some pros that explicitly states the game needs Radar.

Gonna stop talking about settings but just know that the pros are working with 343 to assure we are playing what is most competitive for Halo 5's current state.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a combination of 343 wanting Radar (due to universal settings) AND Halo 5's erratic movement. Spartan and Lethul are some pros that explicitly states the game needs Radar.

Gonna stop talking about settings but just know that the pros are working with 343 to assure we are playing what is most competitive for Halo 5's current state.

LMAO
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I feel like 2gre has to have way better prospects than to work for EG. Dude should be given a job at 343.

Just to put things in perspective, a job with EG is nothing to scoff at. EG is owned by Good Game Agency, which is in turn owned by Twitch. If Tom really wants a long lasting career on the management side of esports, that's the place to be. On top of that, he can start out working for EG without having to relocate (at least for the time being). If he were to join 343 he would need to move to Seattle asap. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

ah now i remember why i do not watch eg scrims..

hectic coms man. so hectic. 

• Downvote (-1) 7

damn so if ALG is shooter el town ryanoob and heinz. 

either contra/dev or ninja/victory/naded r screwed out of a pro league spot. unless they go liquid or optic. 

Is this new E6 really good or this EG bad?

ninja and roy box have really never played together in h5. gonna take more than 3 games bro

What's wrong with working for eg?

Tom has had little to no involvement with anything eSports outside of Halo and we don't even know how long EG will be involved with Halo. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

damn so if ALG is shooter el town ryanoob and heinz. 

either contra/dev or ninja/victory/naded r screwed out of a pro league spot. unless they go liquid or optic. 

Even if Contra/Predev have higher skill ceilings than anybody on that MM squad, IDK why ALG would stick with them in the current online league format and with their off and on grind. Plus Ryan's been hanging with the ALG owner at the Smite? tournament

I think this might be the end of the VicX/Ninja combo. Unless they end up on TL with Eco/Danoxide. 

SStelluR consistently impresses me, he's one of the hardest kills in the game. I wish he had never left OpTic, but I guess it was for the best.

• Upvote (+1) 5

ninja and roy box have really never played together in h5. gonna take more than 3 games bro

They played MM for several games earlier tonight.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Doesn't sit well with me that Shooter was dropped for Stellur. I'd consider Shooter better.

FWIW Snakebite has said several times on his stream that Stellur is super under rated. He thinks Stellur was the best player on Liquid, Spartan is just flashier.