CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Which will be resolved, to re-iterate again the feedback was noted and we have taken action! Clarity and information for fall season and beyond :) All the major stuff has been risen but still always open to new ideas and initiatives to helping grow the scene, my next project is to encourage all players to create and use professional Facebook gaming accounts so we can work with them on Facebook too sharing and tagging wise. Facebook is a little meh but still one of the biggest forms of social media in the world and a big market for us. I've been working on a few little ideas and side personal projects that I'll share with the forums once completed.

You know what the answer is? The golden egg? Telling ESL to hire me. They said they respond in a month.  :kappa::simms: 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Which will be resolved, to re-iterate again the feedback was noted and we have taken action! Clarity and information for fall season and beyond :) All the major stuff has been risen but still always open to new ideas and initiatives to helping grow the scene, my next project is to encourage all players to create and use professional Facebook gaming accounts so we can work with them on Facebook too sharing and tagging wise. Facebook is a little meh but still one of the biggest forms of social media in the world and a big market for us. I've been working on a few little ideas and side personal projects that I'll share with the forums once completed.

:simms:  <3

we have lots of older fans, older people use facebook, could be a big viewership gain

• Upvote (+1) 2

My sister is single 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If Halo went with MLG in the future does that mean we lose Simms? :mj:

We lose Simms but gain Puckett. It's a sad tradeoff. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We lose Simms but gain Puckett. It's a sad tradeoff. 

EU HCS could still be run by ESL, so we'd still have Simms.

EU HCS could still be run by ESL, so we'd still have Simms.

For EU events. It was nice having Simms do NA stuff. Quality play for quality casting :simms: 

If Halo went with MLG in the future does that mean we lose Simms? :mj:

I mean......Maven and Mr X works for ESL but they still casted MLG OrLANdo

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was about to post this before you responded but...

Sadly, we are not in the same situation as CoD. The CWL skirts around this issue because Maven, MrX, and a lot of the other casters work under Activision as Producers, so they aren't bound by MLG or ESL.

ESL runs the week-by-week league, manages rulesets, etc. and works with Activision for a lot of the CWL's formatting, but other than using their studio as the venue, Activision manages a lot of production and presentation.

• Upvote (+1) 2

is 2gre actually coaching in place of Towey tonight? puts Towey's tweet in perspective. Something about life being a lesson in humility

• Upvote (+1) 3

I remember hearing there were issues prior to/at worlds with Halo casters between MLG and ESL, hopefully they can work it out (Simms/Puckett/T2 tri cast please).

I'm sure the situation is different with Activision-owned MLG though.

Edit: addressed above.

if e6 does not work i could really see bubu leaving. i know he loves the org. but would love to see bubu roybox ninja. 

as we have seen literally anything can happen in these next two weeks. we have seen tons of teams that look good on paper but under perform.

• Downvote (-1) 4

If Ogre 2 is actually going to be involved with Evil Geniuses, I would love to see him in Lunch's place for at least a scrim to test the waters.

Watching his streams over the past month he has proved to still be a fucking monster. His map placement, slaying power, and decision making are still beautiful.

To me Lunchbox has always been extremely methodical, and would make a great coach. It seems he is always over seeing all that is happening in the game, and thinking ahead to the next step. This would ultimately help Roy and Lunch not bicker through out the game as well.

Probably a dumb scenario but I could see it working well

• Upvote (+1) 1

if e6 does not work i could really see bubu leaving. i know he loves the org. but would love to see bubu roybox ninja. 

as we have seen literally anything can happen in these next two weeks. we have seen tons of teams that look good on paper but under perform.

Bubu has a solid squad and I dont see him leaving Cratos for that team.

Suspector, Stellur, Bubu and Cratos is not bad

• Downvote (-1) 1

If Ogre 2 is actually going to be involved with Evil Geniuses, I would love to see him in Lunch's place for at least a scrim to test the waters.

Watching his streams over the past month he has proved to still be a fucking monster. His map placement, slaying power, and decision making are still beautiful.

To me Lunchbox has always been extremely methodical, and would make a great coach. It seems he is always over seeing all that is happening in the game, and thinking ahead to the next step. This would ultimately help Roy and Lunch not bicker through out the game as well.

Probably a dumb scenario but I could see it working well

This is one of the worst posts I've ever read.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Was about to post this before you responded but...

Sadly, we are not in the same situation as CoD. The CWL skirts around this issue because Maven, MrX, and a lot of the other casters work under Activision as Producers, so they aren't bound by MLG or ESL.

ESL runs the week-by-week league, manages rulesets, etc. and works with Activision for a lot of the CWL's formatting, but other than using their studio as the venue, Activision manages a lot of production and presentation.

That whole thing Is weird. In their twitter bios It says they work for both CoD world league and for ESL(which Is why maven had to move to Cali If Im not mistaken).

It's all about growth of esports...ESL shouldn't ever not allow talent to go and do jobs elsewhere. It literally wouldn't hurt.

but what do I know. I just take pictures of people   :wutface:  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Simms you're one of the few I respect because you can take one on the chin and keep pushing forward, same with Vivi, you don't need to make a ten paragraph post every time someone doesn't like your casting, you don't disappear when someone is giving the tournaments you cast shit, and you wear your passion for Halo like a goddamn badge of honor. 

If half of the people at ESL and 343 Industries were half of the man you are, we wouldn't even be worried about any of this. 

This is the nicest thing I've ever seen you post

Mind if I print this out and frame it? 

#SimmsforPresident

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guess we'll be waiting another week for Finals stats  :mj:

to be fair it's in seattle *crosses fingers*

• Upvote (+1) 1