CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Which is amazing, but I'm pretty sure hes talking about how far we've come since the great depression of Halo in 2012

If you have to compare now to the AGL days then you are certainly doing something wrong. Of course now should be better, ESL is a big ass company, that's what irritates a lot of us.

(not directed at you btw, just the notion)

• Upvote (+1) 1

sucks for cloud. That's where continuations are beneficial since it guarantees team A won more games vs Team B (Optic and Denial finished 6-6 vs each other)

It also doesnt help that there is no incentive for AMs right now

Well the $1k a week isn't bad for AMs but you have to win every week so I guess not a ton of incentive. Raising it to $5k a week (pool) split across top 4 would be better? EVen if it meant lowering the Pro league pot it would improve the scene overall because there would be more competition. 

I don't think that's going to happen, if EG offer Ninja him a spot he's 100% taking it IMO.

I'm sure he will, but he'll probably look for everything before he leaves Vic X imo. 

What do you think I do when not casting? :P

twitter links

And yes, most of the shit I make and ideas come from memes I find here, God bless this forum.

Goddamn never knew that was you behind the memes. Should have known Deputy MemeLord. Definitely wasn't Wonderboi. 

If you have to compare now to the AGL days then you are certainly doing something wrong.

No one should be complacent, but 3 years ago Halo was all but dead. The fact we have a league, big name orgs, and Multi million $ prize pools now should def be acknowledged.

Just my opinion.

I don't think anyone is trying to say the MLG era wasn't the best era for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's matchmaking guys lmao calm down. Randoms playing MM without mics or coordination is just a slaughter. Wait until they are actually tested in any way be ogre saying anything.

Still think Contra/Dev is much better pick up than Naded/Ninja but hey.

2gre was playing with them before right? Still 2gre isn't a good move IMO because look at Worlds. Look at Denial during LCQ. 

Worlds, where they had to play Denial and EG in their pool, and he still played well?

And in the LCQ he and Arkanum were their best players. There was no way they were going to win at burbank when they barely practiced due to online issues

• Upvote (+1) 1

Almost 2k people watching ninja play MM with the twins and naded. This team is extremely  appealing combining 3 huge fandoms, naded, ninja, and roybox. 

seems like they get along in the coms too, Ninja is going to play well lunchbox i can already tell.

EDIT: this is ROYBOX people. Legendary. 

Who the hell am I going to watch when all of them are streaming?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's matchmaking guys lmao calm down. 

You say this as if everyone hasn't said the exact same thing in every post talking about it.

No one should be complacent, but 3 years ago Halo was all but dead. The fact we have a league, big name orgs, and Multi million $ prize pools now should def be acknowledged.

Just my opinion.

I don't think anyone is trying to say the MLG era wasn't the best era for Halo.

Which is why a lot of us are happy with that, it's the little thing that drives us nuts like advertising their own event, giving us a schedule, etc. We aren't asking them to do more than what should be required by any major eSports company and developer.

Who the hell am I going to watch when all of them are streaming?

Ninja for the premium chat experience :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Worlds, where they had to play Denial and EG in their pool, and he still played well?

And in the LCQ he and Arkanum were their best players. There was no way they were going to win at burbank when they barely practiced due to online issues

Still, he isn't the X-factor in comp Halo that he used to be. No offense to 2gre. 

Exactly

Halo was top of the fucking food chain. Embrace our history, strive for that and more....not better than Bonafide fucking Brad's events.

remember way back when we talked and i was skeptical about how commited MLG to our scene, i take it back. sorry for ever doubting you guys.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why does it seem like the people on this forum are more upset with ESL than the people who actually compete? I haven't seen many pros crying out for change, and if change is gonna happen it means more when the professionals get their voices out there more than us plebs.

Edit: Also unrelated but wtf is Pro Battle League?

Why does it seem like the people on this forum are more upset with ESL than the people who actually compete? I haven't seen many pros crying out for change, and if change is gonna happen it means more when the professionals get their voices out there more than us plebs.

they might have voiced their concerns in private 

Still, he isn't the X-factor in comp Halo that he used to be. No offense to 2gre. 

When was the last time he was? 2007?

• Downvote (-1) 1

How about Devon, Contra, Ryanoob, and Shooter?

Ryanoob tweeted about how good Shooter was during the finals.

Contra/Dev + Ryanoob is a no go ever again lol

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I assume pro league players get fined if they say anything just like they do to cod players

:walshy:

Edit: The GOAT is coaching EG tonight. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huke to nV is an awesome move for both parties probably, but lets not compare his move of leaving a second place team(once) to a team who won 5 events in a row and was on a steady pace to continue that trend. Also to what Eric said. I don't think you are Austin are shady at all(if that is what that guy was saying), but what we didn't wasn't shady at all. Just very bad timing which I wish was something we could have changed. 

dad has spoken!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

9 years ago we had Halo on Saturday mornings on USA and put a Halo player on 200 million Dr Pepper 20 ounce bottles.

Could you stop making me feel like shit? I'm excited to get a Halo Pro League and then MLG Orlando reminds me that Halo used to have that and I feel HCS is worthless.

Just saying something like "We're hosting a sold out 256 team Open LAN for Halo 5", that'll make me feel better. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should be running the HCS.

I'd be ok with that.

• Upvote (+1) 5