CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ninja and naded teaming would be so entertaining to watch. i think they used to play MCC doubles and it was awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I haven't looked forward to watching scrims as much as I am tonight with Ninja/Naded/Roybox. I feel really bad for Vic X though. A lot can change in the next couple of weeks, and I hope he finds a good landing spot (hopefully with Ninja). 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not trying to talk this team down... but imagine the amount of arguments Ninja, Roy, and Lbox are going to get in over bad plays in game. The twins are kind of hard headed and God knows they aren't going to back down to Ninja. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

These people need to promote their tourneys more. At least 2050 did, PBL did not. Or they did and we didn't know. Still come on people. 

Not that your point isn't valid, but I think PBL is like a weekly or monthly thing.  I see it pop up on Twitch from time to time.  Ghost was casting the last two times I caught it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats a good point. Towey with Naded and Ninja could be key for those two.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Interesting to see how much Towey impacts Naded and potentially Ninja. 

I'm pretty sure Ogre 2 is now the coach of EG, Towey is taking a break.  :kappa:

ninja and naded teaming would be so entertaining to watch. i think they used to play MCC doubles and it was awesome.

they're running double right now

Monday Night Football is on but I'm gonna go watch the neighborhood kids play kickball.

I claim to love Football but i only watch the Superbowl.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm interested to see how Ninja approaches joining EG. In my mind he's always been the guy to pull the org and have a team be built around him. And he and Victory X had been teaming for quite some time. The Twins are gonna be a different style team than what he's used, and I'm really excited to see that. 

Hope it looks good I wanna rock my CLG pistol skin and nV AR skin.

The CLG AR is the best looking of them all

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is probably how the rest of rostermania is going to play out:

CLG: Royal 2, Snakebite, Lethul, Frosty
EG: Roy, Ninja, Naded, Lunchbox
NV: Snipedown, Huke, Mikwen, Pistola
C9: Penguin, Spartan, Commonly, Rayne
E6: Stellur, Cratos, Shooter, Bubu Dubu
ALG: Rammy, Contra, PreDevonator, Heinz
FAZE: Enable, Suspector, Flamesword, El Town
OG: Formal, Ace, Ogre 2, Maniac

When you see it :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 7

The pick/ban system in Halo is absolutely arbitrary and in the game for no reason. CoD has a lot of variables, so does League, which makes a Pick/Ban phase important. In Halo it's pointless. If a game type is shitty enough that it gets banned all the time, it shouldn't be a game type. If teams are bad at a certain game type, they shouldn't get to veto it just because it's easier for them to win a different game type. 

That's just how I feel anyway. 

In terms of the Meta, I miss Walshy casting. He was one of the few who really focused on the Meta, before slowly stopping focusing on it (for some reason). I remember in Halo 3 when he was a guest in the booth in one event and taught everyone how to manipulate the spawns in Heretic Ball. THAT was amazing, learning something about the game that I could immediately apply to the game when I load up. The closest thing we've gotten in this game is stuff like "This team should try to hold Nest and Bottom mid on Plaza SH!!" which is good, but i want more. 

I gotta disagree, i just think that their needs to be more parity in the Halo league for the Veto's to matter, plus more experience on the part of the players to take advantage of it.  I also think that its a better way to tell 343, "hey this gametype sucks" and basically force them to come up with something better than just having the pros complain to them at random times.  At least this was you can say, "Gametype X, Y and Z were played 15% less than any others" 

I would say Optic v nV is as classic a matchup as EG vs CLG

At least the Optic - NV matchup in CoD is still relevant....

You guys need to watch this, E League even has live-meme-makers

My roommate worked at Turner Broadcasting over this summer and was friends with the ELeague intern. All he did was watch CS:GO and make memes. 

Truly the dream. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll say that EG seems a lot more "energized" with Ninja/Naded than Contra/Devon. Those 2 have more passion. I never thought of Contra and Devon as "hungry" like Naded in his prime. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

BTW we have gone extremely far in comparison to where we were. Somehow we are slowly becoming more relevant.

3 yrs ago^

Hopefully we will continue to progress.

You're making a comparison to Halo's lowest point.  There isn't a significant difference in viewership from Halo 3 to right now, considering there's now a larger eSports audience and MS/343 money being thrown at Halo 5.

Imagine if we were playing Halo 3, had a handful of open LAN events ran by MLG, 2 or 3 online pro league seasons + LAN playoffs, and the HWC.