CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yep, it's just that holding a spot really doesn't mean anything in terms of the capability of the team. The fact that the manager controls it (aka a person who doesn't even play) just showcases how little it means. Better to be close to the manager than teammates so you don't get dropped due to shade.

Edit: example, liquid makes it through relegation only to change completely. Why even have relegation? What if at the halfway point in the league, the top and bottom teams traded two players to each other? Which squad keeps the top position? Whoever was friends with the manager.

Why would the top team swap two players with the worst team? 

Why have relegatation? The manager has already stated what happened here with Liquid. Has nothing to do with being friends. 

Maybe just don't drop half your team if you want to for sure keep your league spot. There isn't really another way to do it. Give control to the team captain? Then the captain can just keep the seed if he gets dropped. How else do you think they could do this?

Also why is Victory X not running with Ninja+EG? That seems to make way more sense than Naded.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've noticed that a lot of the 'meta' discussion by cod casters is significantly deeper than by Halo's. The picks and bans seem to come off as much more strategic than Halo's vetoes, which are usually "they vetoed this map because they were bad at it in the season" or some variation. And the in-game analysis seems to be "this person controlled this power weapon, they blocked these spawns, they naded this area". 

I doubt it's because Halo is inherently shallower than CoD, but instead because the meta-analysis isn't quite there yet. Or perhaps I'm just more used to it so I don't find it as...insightful as what I'm hearing in this CoD tournament haha

• Upvote (+1) 8

Also why is Victory X not running with Ninja+EG? That seems to make way more sense than Naded.

I was thinking the same thing. Obviously a lot of people are going to see more slaying potential in Naded but he drops some pretty hefty neg bombs in H5 at times on top of having been out of the loop for awhile.

I've noticed that a lot of the 'meta' discussion by cod casters is significantly deeper than by Halo's. The picks and bans seem to come off as much more strategic than Halo's vetoes, which are usually "they vetoed this map because they were bad at it in the season" or some variation. And the in-game analysis seems to be "this person controlled this power weapon, they blocked these spawns, they naded this area". 

I doubt it's because Halo is inherently shallower than CoD, but instead because the meta-analysis isn't quite there yet. Or perhaps I'm just more used to it so I don't find it as...insightful as what I'm hearing in this CoD tournament haha

Commentary is great for someone like me that knows nothing about the competitive meta of BLOPs. We need that in Halo. 

We have the CE beach LAN https://www.twitch.tv/beachlan

AND

A seeding tournament for 2050 Chatt https://www.twitch.tv/platinum5tv

But everyone wants to talk about MLG & COD, neither of which have anything to do with Halo.

I know both those streams are grassroots stuff but its still important to support stuff like that. it will make 2050 and possibly other leagues want to hold more OPEN HALO LANS. And that would be great for everyone.

Apples and oranges.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

C9 vs I assume Liquid scrims tonight

Probably Eco, El Town, Danoxide and a 4th? Maybe shooter

• Upvote (+1) 5

C9 vs I assume Liquid scrims tonight

Probably Eco, El Town, Danoxide and a 4th? Maybe shooter

Cool, looking forward to some more scrims before No Man's Sky takes over my life shortly. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you go deeper into the argument his point is valid

Monday Night Football is on but I'm gonna go watch the neighborhood kids play kickball.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Leicester, UK > Los Angeles,  CA Table  :kappa:

xfwuu0l.jpg

The entire venue was amazing. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why is it that on the whole EU ESL is just way better than anything NA ESL does?

At first I didn't realize because I honestly just didn't follow EU very much but towards the end when I watched both I couldn't help but notice how EU did everything better without exception. More experience or what?

ht

Why is it that on the whole EU ESL is just way better than anything NA ESL does?

No clue but they should be the same

• Upvote (+1) 1

Monday Night Football is on but I'm gonna go watch the neighborhood kids play kickball.

Alright bud, smart as always. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Because they don't try to host events at...KCon...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is it that on the whole EU ESL is just way better than anything NA ESL does? At first I didn't realize because I honestly just didn't follow EU very much at first but towards the end when I watched both I couldn't help but notice how EU did everything better without exception.

:simms:  :simms:  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Europe ESL is a lot better than US ESL. 

So big shoutout to our European folk! 

At first I didn't realize because I honestly just didn't follow EU very much but towards the end when I watched both I couldn't help but notice how EU did everything better without exception. More experience or what?

ESL is eu based so maybe it's because they have better infrastructure and talent

So we heard it here first, supporting the only Open LANs Halo has right now ( after bitching months online how there aren't any)   is nonsense in here because it more important to still dogpile on ESL and 343 here :) 

We can go on for hours how the CoD Event is better run and MLG is better, which we all agree on btw, but in fact it does nothing to improve Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So we heard it here first, supporting the only Open LANs Halo has right now ( after bitching months online how there aren't any)   is nonsense in here because it more important to still dogpile on ESL and 343 here :)

We can go on for hours how the CoD Event is better run and MLG is better, which we all agree on btw, but in fact it does nothing to improve Halo. 

Except hopefully show the higher ups that MLG should be running events.

• Upvote (+1) 2