CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think Ninja would work well on EG. I hope RoyBox can tame the beast and teach Ninja how not to give up stupid deaths. 

I actually wonder if Ninja's aggression would really help the twins. Last season it felt like they usually made the right play, but they made it too late - Ninja's aggression and decisiveness could aid that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Again, that roster had Penguin in the fourth slot last night.

I know, but I think that's what he was referring to.

Never

I believe they could be very good.

I definitely think they could have potential. What always concerns me when people throw around Naded and Ogre 2's names for teams is the fact that these players have been out of top tier competition for a while now. This is a game where you can't take a week break. Add that to the fact that the general consensus is that RoyBox don't practice enough, I don't think a team consisting of these players could make Top 3. Not because of skill, but because of practice going in to the fall. 

Again, that roster had Penguin in the fourth slot last night.

Why would you ask me when someone joined liquid anyway? Aren't you their analyst and would know? Unless you were being a smartass. The way you interact with others on here just rubs me the wrong way. But yeah I meant running games and I slept last night wasn't aware penguin was in that spot.

• Upvote (+1) 7

You can argue who should be dropped, but the APG/Maniac/Ace bromance is too strong. Surely I'm not the only one that notices they do nothing to promote Str8 Sick. He'd be the one gone.

right NOW is the time for Optic to be trying to make moves.

There's a lot of different players who could become the odd man out and the Optic brand, for better or worse, is probably a better option that a leftover squads that could form on ALG and Liquid. Here's who I'd be reaching out to:

1. Shooter - he'd fit in amazingly with the brand and the team
2. Ninja - I doubt he'd ever do it though. We all know why it would be smart for him and Optic.

Whatever they do, they need to do something.  its going to be too late if they take a vacation.  Christ. Get your head out of your ass optic.  Form a team around Ace and keep one other player (honestly, it doesnt matter who) and try to fucking compete or GTFU.  this complacency on Optic is so incredibly frustrating.

As an OpTic fan I just really like the idea of Ace, Ninja, Vic X, and Shooter. That seems to be the best option at this point

aaaaaand they lose their league spot. though i think that would be a solid squad

Ninja just said on stream that Commonly, Spartan, Penguin, and Rayne are going to be teaming and most likely be taking the C9 pro league spot

Edit: Ninja will be running games with Roy, Lunchbox, and Naded tonight!

Full tilt.  I dont see that working.

Liquid stayed the same.

Hyperbole bro

One squad that I would love to see come out of this rostermania:

Roybox/Naded/Bubu

Roybox aren't going to get anywhere with Contra and Devon, I don't even know what the point of that squad is.

wait.... what??? are you seeing the same players as the rest of us?  RoyBox + ContraNator is probably the best makeup of the idea that have been floated.  Thats probably the best combination of players that could actually compete with only 4 or 5 days of practice a week (pro league matches + 2 or 3 other days).  If Contra and Devon just do their thing and RoyBox can get them to take league matches more seriously, its probably the best fit for both parties.

To that point.  EGs problems last season really seemed to come from a lack of practice.  They say in their team videos that they think 5 nights a week is enough, and honestly it probably is for them if practice is more than just running scrims then bickering for 30 minutes afterward.  But they weren't even playing that much.  if they were playing 4 nights a week, including pro league matches, they were lucky.

That team needs to change their schedule to fit in more practice time for the twins with their full time jobs.

Thursday - pro League matches

Friday - pro league + scrim

Saturday - Scrims + extra practice

Monday through Wednesday - Just fucking play when you can.

That way they can concentrate their work on Friday and Saturday when hopefully they will have days off from work.

I really like that potential c9 roster. (Spartan, commonly, penguin and rayne) I'm excited to see them in action but on paper it sounds like a team with good potential and that should mesh well chemistry wise. I don't see any personality clashes on that team for the most part, as long as Spartan keeps his positive attitude from the past month or so. Really excited about this roster and can definitely see myself getting behind them.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone wanna make a list of the potential teams now? Woke up to everything on fire and need some sense my my life fam. 

Edit: And here i though C9 would hardly be affected. Hell I'd like the EG team comp better if it was Vic X instead of Naded trying out tonight but time will tell. Maybe We will be proved wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone wanna make a list of the potential teams now? Woke up to everything on fire and need some sense my my life fam. 

CLG: same

nV: Mikwen, Ola, Snip3down, Huke

C9: Spartan, Commonly, Penguin, Rayne

Others: ????

I don't think he's just giving up the spot. The Org choose which 2 players they want to hold the spot. Looks like they're going with Commonly/Penguin (still unconfirmed)

Sorry for the accidental neg :( FeelsiPhoneMan
  • Upvote (+1) 9

This c9 squad with Raynguin and Hamy/Spartan could be dirty.

I'm interested to see how these RoyBox+Ninja and Naded scrims turn out. At first this team looks like it would have the potential for disaster with the personalities on there. Though I do like that the twins are trying all their options out instead of quickly picking up players like they did with Hamy and Ayden. Still think Contra and Devon will end up being their best choice but who knows. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's the others I was more wanting ;)

e6 is reportedly looking like Cratos/Bubu/Suspector/Stellur

EG may be Roy/Lunch/Naded/Ninja (or it could be Contra/Devon)

That's about all we seem to know right now with regards to 'Others'

It's the others I was more wanting ;)

Well, you should know EG are trying out ContraDevon & now also Naded+Ninja. Other than that, it's too early to tell, so tune in to beyond & twitch tonight.  :simms:

Roybox, Ninja, Naded would be a huge crowd favorite. As much as people say tilt I feel Naded would have enough respect for Roybox to not bitch at them or shut down. Similarly for Ninja it's arguably the most seasoned set of players he's teamed with, so long as there's a feeling of mutual respect I could see some high moments out of them i the next season.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Sorry for the accidental neg :( FeelsiPhoneMan

It's okay - I'll just go cry in my corner now  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, aside from nV, the roster I'm most excited for it Commonly, Spartan, Penguin and Rayne. 

They will be filthy. 

Roybox, Ninja, Naded would be a huge crowd favorite. As much as people say tilt I feel Naded would have enough respect for Roybox to not bitch at them or shut down. Similarly for Ninja it's arguably the most seasoned set of players he's teamed with, so long as there's a feeling of mutual respect I could see some high moments out of them i the next season.

Im warming up to the idea of this team.

Still think Contra and Devon would be better for 'em.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Roybox with Ninja and Naded is something I can get behind. Not really a fan of Contra and Devon. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If Contra/Dev held their spot it'd have been cool to see ninja/vic x try that team out. So few options  :stern: Then again Ninja/Vic had the option to suggest another duo that would have worked and nothing came of it so it's going to be a long 18 days.

Yeah, aside from nV, the roster I'm most excited for it Commonly, Spartan, Penguin and Rayne. 

They will be filthy. 

Im warming up to the idea of this team.

Still think Contra and Devon would be better for 'em.

Tonight is going to be important it seems. We will see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will say, despite how I feel about Ninja as a player, I feel bad for him.

Always feels like he's getting the shit end of the stick. 

Spartan just comes on the team and just kicks him off lol (not him personally, but sort of?)

• Upvote (+1) 1

SUPER excited to see EG with ninja and naded. would love for them to play around with a ninja/contra duo as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unfortunately theres slim options :(

Options are already limited and 3/4ths of Optic are at a CoD event.  

#GreenWall

I will say, despite how I feel about Ninja as a player, I feel bad for him.

Always feels like he's getting the shit end of the stick. 

Spartan just comes on the team and just kicks him off lol (not him personally, but sort of?)

always felt like ninja rayne commonly penguin would be awesome. but sparty is undeniably hot right now.