CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So snipedown will be the sniper. Got it.

Like CLG, whoever picks it up will do amazing shit

Well, except TJ  :lxthul:

That was that, no evil plan to hurt other teams chances.

Nah, Lethul set that team change up months in advance.  He planned it the day he put Frosty onto CLG in place of Cloud.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Are there going to be too many slayers on this team, and not enough well-rounded players? Everyone points to the fact that CLG are top slayers, but I think it's moreso that they can all do everything. Have we seen enough of Mikwen/Huke to know that they can do objective now that there are 3 snipers on the team?

I don't think it'll be a problem really. The rumored nV has pretty much the same makeup of playstyles that the old Denial roster had. Snipedown(contra), Mikwen(Devon), Ola(Bubu) and Huke. Mikwen and Devon are probably the biggest difference but seeing as how Mikwen's play style has evolved to a more aggressive style in this game compared to H2A I don't think its that big of a stretch. 

And knowing that that old denial roster gave CLG their biggest challenge at regionals and worlds I'm pretty stoked for this new(rumored) nV.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Huke going to nv and leaving bubu I reminds me of Durant leaving the thunder and his "duo" Westbrook to go to a warriors squad that they played close in playoffs. Just interesting how similar it is

• Upvote (+1) 7

huke and snip3down were the #1 and #2 fantasy players last season respectively 

ola and mikwen were #11 and #12 respectively 

this team can slay and play obj

• Upvote (+1) 1

Zip Prediction/Wish List:

1/2) CLG and nV seem to be mostly settled with the nV hurricane. nV trying desperately to match slaying power of CLG.

3) E6 goes for Suspector - best option for both parties and makes sense w/ history.

4) Leftovers maybe makes it through Rostermania. If they don't implode.

5) I'd love to see Penguin & Rayne on Allegiance w/ Ryanoob & Heinz - more support-oriented players like the Swift/Calm combo that gave Pengrayne so much space at Worlds. 

6) Contra/Predev on EG would be sick, though gotta wonder if they'd make it to a LAN if the pro league format stays the same.

7) Stellur/Unlegit pick up El Town and stick w/ Danoxide or go for a wildcard like Naded (or even Randa).

8) Optic waits till last minute and does Optic things.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I still remember running over to my neighbor's house in like 8th grade to tell him that FB dropped Walshy. He probably didn't know what the hell I was talking about. But the Walshy drop takes the cake for team changes, almost ten years later.

It'd be like taking candy from a baby. [laugh track]

BUT

BUT The baby would've put up a better fight [crickets chirping]

Now that Huke is gone, gotta think E6 would go for Suspector. There's history and it's a much better option for Ayden than TL. 

How is an E6 without Huke a "better option" for Suspector?

Even if you use their full rosters, E6 was losing scrims to TL before Finals quite handily.

And if you use Lethul Logic™ like what he used for XGames regarding CLG/EG (CLG won 6-4), you can't even say E6 was the second best S1 team, because they had a 6-7 game record against nV at Finals (and they only played 7 different gametypes).
  • Upvote (+1) 4

If that's a real team change then I'm not exactly surprised. In every Halo the top teams always end up dropping your "objective" players in favor of players that actually have a strong shot as well as being capable of picking up flags after learning the game. Although I'm curious to see (like I have been with nV since they started teaming) how this team works out with Mikwen and Ola and how streaky that combo can be sometimes.

BUT

As an Ogre2/FB fan, it was painful to see Walshy beat him. We know who got the last laugh tho ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Won't be too surprised if Bubu tries to make something happen with Contra/Devon. I know his original plan was to stick with them after Huke got dropped. Dunno what 4th would make that more enticing for them than teaming with the twins though...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah, Lethul set that team change up months in advance.  He planned it the day he put Frosty onto CLG in place of Cloud.

That is actually pretty crazy to think about. I've always loved Lethul just because I think he's naturally hilarious but man was he smart to set that team up. 

Really hope Halo continues to grow so I get to see the legend of Lethul grow. 

Contra/Devon to EG

Penguin/Rayne to TL

Suspector to E6

Naded/Rammy(or El Town) to ALG

Total Speculation

• Upvote (+1) 1

Contra/Devon to EG

Penguin/Rayne to TL

Suspector to E6

Naded/Rammy to ALG

Total Speculation

Dude, where's your fucking sources? Theres no fun allowed here... especially any exciting speculation! smh

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The Contra/Devon situation is very weird, because their fate lies in the hands of RoyBox, and Heinz/Ryanoob's fate lies in the hands of Contra/Dev.

If Bubu is interested in Contra/Dev then its going to make things super interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

BUT

How is an E6 without Huke a "better option" for Suspector?

Even if you use their full rosters, E6 was losing scrims to TL before Finals quite handily.

And if you use Lethul Logic™ like what he used for XGames regarding CLG/EG (CLG won 6-4), you can't even say E6 was the second best S1 team, because they had a 6-7 game record against nV at Finals (and they only played 7 different gametypes).

Two Words: Clutch factor - E6 undoubtedly has this more than TL, even w/ team changes. 

And Huke wasn't even playing up to Huke standards at finals, while Cratos/Shooter were going off. 

And how many scrims did TL do well in during regular season? Not trying to be a dick, but scrims don't matter, especially for Liquid. But who knows, maybe it was all Sparty/Danoxide's fault. You would know better than I for that. 

*Forgot Assault*. Poor guy

The Contra/Devon situation is very weird, because their fate lies in the hands of RoyBox, and Heinz/Ryanoob's fate lies in the hands of Contra/Dev.

If Bubu is interested in Contra/Dev then its going to make things super interesting.

Maybe they join E6 and Shooter gets dropped?

I'd like to think Penguin and Rayne would try out RoyBox. 

At least I hope so. Would love to see it.

And Huke wasn't even playing up to Huke standards at finals, while Cratos/Shooter were going off. 

What tournament were you watching? Cratos had a good game or two, but he had a lot more lowlights than highlights.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe they join E6 and Shooter gets dropped?

Shooter being dropped would be a tragedy imo. The whole thing is silly he was actually doing SO well towards the end of the season with E6.

• Upvote (+1) 1