CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's amazing what open lans can do for a game this far from release.

BLOPS viewership has stayed the same or increased since launch.

Halo has only gotten worse.

Big production open LANs are great but they were just coming out of a perceived viewership crisis from their season finals:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoDCompetitive/comments/4tcpng/viewership_discussion/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoDCompetitive/comments/4tculg/an_idea_on_how_we_can_increase_viewership/

Also I think they general consensus is that this game in particular was a missed opportunity in terms of the number of large open tournaments so they're in a similar position to us in the belief that things would have benefited from more competition.

Any Known Scrims set up for tonight?

No known matchups, but Roybox(albeit they wanted to scrim with Nadeguin), Penguin(on a that isn't EG, maybe TL or C9?) & I think C9 wants to scrim tonight afaik.

No known matchups, but Roybox(albeit they wanted to scrim with Nadeguin), Penguin(on a that isn't EG, maybe TL or C9?) & I think C9 wants to scrim tonight afaik.

I thought so too, but Ninja said they probably weren't. Penguin will probably be scrimming with TL tonight.

I also want to play CLG first, since they're the best way to gauge :)

Thats-A-Bold-Strategy-Meme.gif

What we did pre season 1, played them as much as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What we did pre season 1, played them as much as possible.

I actually agree with the strategy. From my POV (and maybe yours as well) it's a rare win/win/win scenario. 

1) You win the series and the forums/twitter explode and the new "god squad" will have arrived. Only minor downside from this would be high expectations from the start.

2) You win 1-6 games and you took a few games from the best team in the world in your first scrim. People will deem it a "good start."

3) You get 14-0'd (assuming you play the whole series and some games are competitive) and people say "well it IS CLG, let's see how they do against other teams."

I'm at my girlfriends on wifi with like 5 down .60 upload. I'm trying to get used to it in MM before we scrims so that our first scrims aren't total cancer.

Might be a few days, planned this trip thinking the same stuff would happen as always and teams take like a week break after the tourney, but people are grinding.

You gotta take Snipedown on your parkour drills. 

I don't get replacing Penguin with Spartan. Unless he decided to leave. Penguin has been consistent and level headed and Spartan is the opposite.

I would argue Penguin wasn't consistent. He looked like a mistake early in the season but to his credit, came into his own towards the end.

The original RNG roster was pretty scary looking vs the top teams at the time. Who knows how they'll work out at this stage of H5 though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ogre 2 is streaming with the title "intEl ?? oGre 2."

Capital EG. Probably troll?

:kappa:

I'm at my girlfriends on wifi with like 5 down .60 upload. I'm trying to get used to it in MM before we scrims so that our first scrims aren't total cancer.

Might be a few days, planned this trip thinking the same stuff would happen as always and teams take like a week break after the tourney, but people are grinding.

Just curious did you guys ever get the internet at the nV condo fixed I remember that you guys got disconnected out of games in the last couple weeks of Pro league or was that just a one time thing?

Ogre 2 is streaming with the title "intEl ?? oGre 2."

Capital EG. Probably troll?

Would it be that shocking to see him run with Roy/Lunchbox/Naded? It would fit with penguin running with a different team tonight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get replacing Penguin with Spartan. Unless he decided to leave. Penguin has been consistent and level headed and Spartan is the opposite.

Everything we've seen so far seems to indicate Penguin wanting to leave.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should talk her into Xfinity.  Serious speed for serious gamers™.......girlfriends

Just curious did you guys ever get the internet at the nV condo fixed I remember that you guys got disconnected out of games in the last couple weeks of Pro league or was that just a one time thing?

I think we were getting hit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

COD Tourney has been down for a hot minute now because the PSN went down. 

Now COD fans know how it feels to watch the Pro League.

Now COD fans know how it feels to watch the Pro League.

At least it doesn't take 20 minutes to restart a game in Halo.