CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Roybox/Contra/Predevonator 7 - 5 C9

Just in case anyone cares about scrim scores before they switch to Naded/Penguin.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Well Hamy posted that tweet sometime around 11 PM PST yesterday.  Anyone who read it could get the Leftovers reference, I mean, he even says it was in January in the tweet.  I'm not saying you didn't receive intel, but anyone who read that tweet with the knowledge of the Leftovers former roster W0uld have gotten his reference.

I see what you did there.  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wasn't able to watch. Anyone who did feel like one of the EG squads meshed better than the other?

Little late posting this cus I was waiting for halo5arena to get the stats from the API, but LunchtrA and RoyDevoNatoR had a hell of a comeback on Coli Slayer tonight. Down 10-20 at the beginning of the game, tied it up 25-25, and won 50-33... with two LBX suicides. That's some good Halo.

Here's a graph I guess

BMn0bDF.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wasn't able to watch. Anyone who did feel like one of the EG squads meshed better than the other?

Didn't see Contra/Devon but Naded/Penguin seemed to work well against Leftovers.

Roy mentioned that Penguin is going to scrim with a different team tomorrow even though Naded will still be running games with EG.

Is it just me or is it weird that players aren't being shady about teams?

Or is the lack of shade the true shade?

yeah guys let me risk my career in esports journalism for + rep. Sorry i can't tell you guys what team's roster is set because if i did those sources would go away. at least im letting yall feast on the upvotes mocking me.

Journalists generally don't report stories about with no content though (although looking at the news lately I'm not so sure about this anymore). If you've got sources that's great, if you've got insider information more power to you. Just don't post about it unless you're willing to reveal that information.

If you want to be a reporter you need credibility and even if all your information is correct you're losing credibility by posting incredibly vague statements that anyone could make under the guise of having "inside sources"

I hope this doesn't come across as an attack btw, it's more just general feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it just me or is it weird that players aren't being shady about teams?

Or is the lack of shade the true shade?

Most players probably are not under contract at this time so they don't have to be secretive.

Didn't see Contra/Devon but Naded/Penguin seemed to work well against Leftovers.

Roy mentioned that Penguin is going to scrim with a different team tomorrow even though Naded will still be running games with EG.

They're "one more game"-ing for a bunch more games. Just MM but they seem to be having a good time.

Did C9 seem as tilty as expected?

i usually dont like when people "gang up" on a person but this video was too similar to what @@W0uld was pulling earlier

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have it from a very reliable source that Lethul will be moving to CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Could someone give me a brief overview of who ran with who today, scrim results and what I missed today? My grandfather who I have lived with for more than half my life was taken to the hospital this(last?) morning, and is still there, and so I basically missed everything today and it would be cool to be able to distract myself with Halo for a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is CLG really that committed to winning? They haven't even moved into a team house together...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They're "one more game"-ing for a bunch more games. Just MM but they seem to be having a good time.

Did C9 seem as tilty as expected?

They didn't seem to tilt all scrim. Just constructive talks after each game. A lot of the games were really close. Good series overall.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could someone give me a brief overview of who ran with who today, scrim results and what I missed today? My grandfather who I have lived with for more than half my life was taken to the hospital this(last?) morning, and is still there, and so I basically missed everything today and it would be cool to be able to distract myself with Halo for a bit.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

There isn't much to tell really. The same teams that scrimped the night before really. Contra/Dev/Roybox went about 60/40 against C9. Then Penguin/Naded/Roybox played a bunch of mming after.

Snipedown played a lot of the three team mode with Rayne and Mikwen.

They didn't seem to tilt all scrim. Just constructive talks after each game. A lot of the games were really close. Good series overall.

A few times I thought Ninja was going to go off on Commonly though

• Upvote (+1) 1

A few times I thought Ninja was going to go off on Commonly though

Yeah you can tell he bit his tongue a few times. If the team is gonna work they will have to have attitudes like they did tonight. 

How well a team is getting along currently at the very start is fairly irrelevant (unless shit is a disaster from the get go) honeymoon phase is a thing and most people will be on their best behavior for a little while.

Thats not to say people aren't doing a good job and whatnot, just don't get too hasty.