CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Plus, how do we know they aren't listening? We aren't gonna see results in a week. The season just ended.

We've been asking for open LANs for like 6 months, no?

We've been asking for open LANs for like 6 months, no?

People didn't really start pushing this til Pro League started and by that time, the season schedule had already been laid out. Believe me, I want Open LANS as much as anyone, but the format/schedule of the League hasn't even been announced for the fall season. I've got my pitchfork at the ready though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

VUVQ5lF.png

Spartan just tweeted this. I hope there's more to this tweet than what we know.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Meh.

At the TIME of the "HCS" announcement and then HCS Pro League, I think everyone was pretty happy with what we were getting as a scene. Lets not take away from going from literally the dirt (AGL) to $1million dollar events + pro league. 343 has done a good job in a relatively short amount of time in catching up (and surpassing COD Champs prizepool) to other eSports programs. 

All that really needs to be done now is to continue all of the things above, and add on some open events. They can either fund the entire thing themselves and have ESL host it, or they can opt to go with MLG. I personally think a "realistic" solution would be to stick with the current programming with ESL, while enlisting MLG to host open LAN events, as apart of the official HCS Season of course (not some sideshow event).

In business you never give your competitor an inch, so from ESL's point of view they would probably be against what I just proposed - However, it is what would be best for the community in my opinion. So it would be up to 343 to realize this and execute on an idea / program like this. 

Of course, Worlds every year is a tremendously good job - I should have made this more clear.

And yes I was excited for a Pro League, but I thought that it was an endeavor that would complement open/closed LANs, not replace them.

It's simple - CoD do it, and GoW do it - Online pro league from ESL, and open LANs from MLG. This along with Worlds would be insane.

CoD are doing it right. Minus Crowdfunding!

Of course, Worlds every year is a tremendously good job - I should have made this more clear.

And yes I was excited for a Pro League, but I thought that it was an endeavor that would complement open/closed LANs, not replace them.

It's simple - CoD do it, and GoW do it - Online pro league from ESL, and open LANs from MLG. This along with Worlds would be insane.

CoD are doing it right. Minus Crowdfunding!

Yeah, I would for sure say that Gears and CoD have a superior eSports program than Halo's eSports program, but only because of open events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want this for Halo.

That looks incredible. 

w0uld really has the intel, you will all look foolish for doubting the young god

He probably does have intel, but that doesn't mean shit when he posts stupidly vague information. When you post something like "My sources who I'm not going to tell you about have told me that there is a team that is all but confirmed but I can't say who," that doesn't mean anything. It's just as good as speculation. It's something vague that everyone knows. If he's not going to be specific about it, there's no point in posting it other than to humblebrag about something not that important. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

e7yPALe.jpg

Holy fuck guys. Adam just said he has booked venues for this year. Right after all the tweets for LANs from Symbolic and Spartan.. 

Is it happening?

That looks incredible. 

He probably does have intel, but that doesn't mean shit when he posts stupidly vague information. When you post something like "My sources who I'm not going to tell you about have told me that there is a team that is all but confirmed but I can't say who," that doesn't mean anything. It's just as good as speculation. It's something vague that everyone knows. If he's not going to be specific about it, there's no point in posting it other than to humblebrag about something not that important. 

i 100% agree, he could handle his "intel hint" posts a lot better 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Vivi don't you let us down now god dammit. 

i 100% agree, he could handle his "intel hint" posts a lot better 

Putting actual intel in them would be a good place to start. Dude is the John Madden of intel.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lets keep our feet on the ground. I have to say though, he tweeted it right after Spartan, Symbolic, and eL town's tweets about being "excited"

did it ever occur to you that maybe some people could be on twitter at the same time  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Holy crap, that was the old Denial wasn't it...

Weird how time flies / player perception changes. 

haha man I just assumed you were sneakily suggesting that that denial squad was still the only one that had a chance

I'd be cautiously optimistic considering that Adam posted not long ago that he didn't anticipate MLG getting involved with Halo any time in the near future :\

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lets be honest Halo pros tweet "excited" about chipotle or that they got an extra soda from a vending machine

did it ever occur to you that maybe some people could be on twitter at the same time  :kappa:

LMAO guys. :lxthul:

Lets be honest Halo pros tweet "excited" about chipotle or that they got an extra soda from a vending machine

or about getting into a stranger's car for some taco bell

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think those tweets are far more indicative of a possible C9 roster than anything else.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There is a major COD tournament going on right now. Why would anyone assume someone from MLG is referring to Halo?