CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG vs potential Denial(Contra, devonator, Stellur, APG) ended 13-3 in favor of EG. For anyone who was curious how the scrim finished.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The #grind continues....

I get that they don't grind and it's annoying as fans, but I think it's silly for people to keep searching out for these tweets probing every area of their lives. They could do what they want, they're allowed to party/enjoy themselves lol. Who cares how they spend their time?

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Haven't checked on here in a bit. Can anyone post the supposedly or confirmed new teams. Also what's up with optic, they make being a fan hard

I guess it was because he disagreed with the statement and thought it was dumb that it was stated as fact

Well that is pretty silly of him. Opinions are usually stated as fact. I think he is just  :salt:  :salt: that EG got wrecked last night by the player that they dropped.

But then again, that is just MY opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 10

I guess it was because he disagreed with the statement and thought it was dumb that it was stated as fact

Someone's opinion is a silly thing to get defensive about, especially when it isn't about his own team. Odd.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The #grind continues....

How do you know they're not grinding huh? What are you some Tony Hawk grind expert? Maybe you should learn how to grind buddy. MAYBE YOU'RE THE FUCKING PROBLEM PUNK! 

Oh nvm they're probably doing another optic fit.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Commonly reminds me of Snakebite in playstyle/vocal leader. Do what needs to be done kinda player. Vic X seems to be the "glue" of the team (lethul like). RNG communicates very well i'm impressed.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What the hell is going through maniacs mind right now. He should be making moves with flamesword trying to get a team. Theyre lagging behind,

• Upvote (+1) 1

RNG 11

Ogrevate 1

So I became a YouTube partner today and it still wasn't the best thing that happened today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All that CLG could beat 2007 FB in 3 months talk really made me chuckle. People mustve forgot how good Strongside, Ogre 2, Ogre 1, and Walshy were in their prime. It took Karma playing the tournament of his life and Str8 playing out of their minds plus FB clunking for them not to sweep that season. Add on the fact they swept nationals with NO coach behind them unlike these teams today. Only CLG might have on FB would communication and thats a stretch. Go back anf watch those events on youtube you csn hear how good their communication was in the listen ins. The core of FB (Walshy & Ogres) had been together for at least 3 years by 07. And thats not even getting started on 05-06 FB. The only comparison right now is that both teams had the 4 best players and they both were dominant.

Not to forget that FB didn't drop a single game at the national championships and CLG dropped 3 at worlds. Only other team I can think of that was nearly as dominant was Instinct who only dropped one game at the 2011 reach national championships. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

All that CLG could beat 2007 FB in 3 months talk really made me chuckle. People mustve forgot how good Strongside, Ogre 2, Ogre 1, and Walshy were in their prime. It took Karma playing the tournament of his life in Dallas and Str8 playing out of their minds plus a giant FB dud in Orlando for them not to sweep that season. Add on the fact they swept nationals with NO coach behind them unlike these teams today. Only thing CLG might have on FB would communication and thats a stretch. Go back and watch those events on youtube you can hear how good their communication was in the listen ins. The core of FB (Walshy & Ogres) had been together for at least 3 years by 07. And thats not even getting started on 05-06 FB. The only comparison right now is that both teams had the 4 best players and they both were dominant.

Not even commenting on this, besides the coach part. People played with 555's or no headphones and just screamed shit across the tv's to each other. Definitely not the same level of communication that teams have accessible today. 

And as for coaches, they weren't even a large thing at the time if I'm really correct. Triple X was there but other than that it didn't seem like a large factor. The game really changed when H3 was on the circuit. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Not to forget that FB didn't drop a single game at the national championships and CLG dropped 3 at worlds. Only other team I can think of that was nearly as dominant was Instinct who only dropped one game at the 2011 reach national championships.

Instinct was very dominant too. 5 Finals in 6 Events 3 wins including National Champs. 42-1 streak through two events. H2A EG was very dominant too might give them the edge over the Godsquad and thats my second fav team after 07 FB.

To Lethals post:

Thats a valid point with no headphones but they still called out positions, help, strats all that. Just wasnt on a closed channel in your ears like it is today. If we sent you back to 07 then yea your communication might be a little better but you would be screaming across the tv just like everyone else. And if we bring FB to 2016 then they get headphones too so its just a communication evolution really. Nothing that would give you big enough advantage to clearly say yea they would beat FB.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not even commenting on this, besides the coach part. People played with 555's or no headphones and just screamed shit across the tv's to each other. Definitely not the same level of communication that teams have accessible today. 

And as for coaches, they weren't even a large thing at the time if I'm really correct. Triple X was there but other than that it didn't seem like a large factor. The game really changed when H3 was on the circuit. 

plz comment more - would love to know where u stand  :rolleyes:

pretty wild statement considering players like lethul, snakebite and suspector exist

plz comment more - would love to know where u stand  :rolleyes:

If he was just saying "lol no, we're better than they were, case closed" this would be valid.

ur an idiot

He backed up his implication of CLG > FB with a solid point regarding the evolution of communication and coaching over the years. Regardless of the likely bias from a guy who's actually on CLG, it's still a good argument and an advantage CLG has over FB.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He backed up his implication of CLG > FB with a solid point regarding the evolution of communication and coaching over the years. Regardless of the likely bias from a guy who's actually on CLG, it's still a good argument and an advantage CLG has over FB.

fb would have the best coach and best headphones too like wat

this is gonna be a kobe, mj, lebron debate - pointless

• Upvote (+1) 2