CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Never understood the psychology of why people are fans of individual teams rather than players. Teams have literally nothing to do with anyone other than playing in that city for the sole purpose of making money. They don't care about the fans or the city.

I can get being fans of players or a group of players, but loyalty to a franchise that has nothing to do with anything always confuses me.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Which, when you look back on it, is hilarious. How many good teams were there in h2? The answer is 2-4 at one time. There were only ever like 10-15 really good players. Which is just about the same amount now (some might argue there's some more better players now, even). Like, who was so good in h2 that was placing top 8?

Look at this list of players that placed top 8 at 2006 nats:

Vash

Mack

Vegetto

Lightking

Pyrocy

Shook One

Ramby

Poon

Samurai

DAMMNNNNNN the top 8 was loaded from top to bottom!!!

Ramby and vash have several top 5 placings. Vash was widely considered to have the best be for a while.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Never understood the psychology of why people are fans of individual teams rather than players. Teams have literally nothing to do with anyone other than playing in that city for the sole purpose of making money. They don't care about the fans or the city.

I can get being fans of players or a group of players, but loyalty to a franchise that has nothing to do with anything always confuses me.

Why not both? Also, college sports? I will always support my alma mater.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ramby and vash have several top 5 placings. 

Possibly because the competition wasn't as stiff as the old school homers make it out to be? Not saying that is 100% the case, but it's certainly a possibility that is simply never entertained by the 'old school' players.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

i do not like how some players are signing contracts already. these teams could change dramatically. if pro league doesn't start for another 2-3 weeks. i would start scrimming asap. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

Most people are loyal to teams that are local to them when it comes to pro sports.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quick question: is anyone else having the same problem with arena wins giving you anything between 1-4 CSR constantly? It is really hard to climp up in champ when you barely get anything for winning a game.

Possibly because the competition wasn't as stiff as the old school homers make it out to be? Not saying that is 100% the case, but it's certainly a possibility that is simply never entertained by the 'old school' players.

guess we'll never know because we didn't have prox scores back then.   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hit my plus rep quota for the first time in a long time today.

edit: aaaand it reset. I guess it's a per 24 hr thing. Well back to handing out rep like candy on Halloween

As an OpTic fan yes I would love to see them make a move and improve. But at this point everyone is playing for 2nd.

Except Optic... they're playing for last :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

ELO stuff

This is pretty sweet. I always enjoy seeing ELO ratings for the NFL, comparing legendary teams (07 Patriots for example) to other current teams.

I only wish ELO ratings could be calculated back to the FB days so we could end this CLG vs FB discussion once and for good. Cool stuff tho nonetheless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roy, lunch, contra, and predev are currently having trouble joining each other's lobbies. the dream is over

I spent the first few years of my life a block from Angels stadium, been going to games since before I can remember. Too young to know players, but I'll always have those memories of walking to games with my grandma, and for that very reason I'll always be an Angels fan. Players come and go, the team is always there. 

It's definitely not the same with eSports. Players bounce around so often it's almost pointless to get attached to a team name/org.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just watched NavG out pistol Contra  :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's definitely not the same with Console eSports. Players bounce around so often it's almost pointless to get attached to a team name/org.

Fixed that for you

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bruh Nav's been good. One of the best people in our customs.

I don't know anyone's skill level. Barely play Halo these days, but love watching it.