CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For Optic, it's all about making top 4, for me, that will get more optic cod fans watching the Halo, what can only be a good thing. Halo needs to grow and Optic can be a main player for this.

But the brand can only go so far. Then the personalities have to take over. The reason OpTic has so many fans is because of players like BigT, Rambo, Merk, Nadeshot, Scump, Jkap, and many more. People connect with the players and that is whats missing with OpTic CS and halo. Yes they have the potential to bring in a lot of viewers but it's not just winning that's gonna do it. Its the connection the players make and right now the only team that does it is the cod team. Hence why they have the most fans. That's also why Hecz is a big advocate for his players to start doing youtube and streaming, because it can bring in a lot more viewers to the OpTic brand.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

on another note any update on stats from this weekend? or are we still waiting for them to be sent out?

w8ing

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please DownVote Me!

Well that explains it then.

But the brand can only go so far. Then the personalities have to take over. The reason OpTic has so many fans is because of players like BigT, Rambo, Merk, Nadeshot, Scump, Jkap, and many more. People connect with the players and that is whats missing with OpTic CS and halo. Yes they have the potential to bring in a lot of viewers but it's not just winning that's gonna do it. Its the connection the players make and right now the only team that does it is the cod team. Hence why they have the most fans. That's also why Hecz is a big advocate for his players to start doing youtube and streaming, because it can bring in a lot more viewers to the OpTic brand.

I agree, but many Optic fans won't watch halo because the team keeps losing and won't challenge. Need to challenge and be an icon.

This should be a massive selling point to many players. Ninja would fit in well, but I can't see him joining.

I am honestly and genuinely confident that Optic Gaming will never win a Halo 5 major event. They are not nor will they ever be good enough. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am honestly and genuinely confident that Optic Gaming will never win a Halo 5 major event. They are not nor will they ever be good enough. 

Freak screw winning, they'd be lucky to get top 4 without a major roster overhaul.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am honestly and genuinely confident that CLG will never lose a Halo 5 major event. They are not nor will they ever be bad enough.

• Upvote (+1) 8

That's a pretty bold statement. are you sure you're comfortable going on record with this?

SLASH S

/S

Edit: to add /s. we Reddit now

That's a pretty bold statement. are you sure you're comfortable going on record with this?

It's really not that bold of a statement. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Possibility, not sure how valid: they're waiting to see if Ace gets poached to see if they need to plug the leak, or if they are free to change as necessary.

If this is the case, this is definitely the wrong way of thinking. If they're worried about Ace being poached they should change their current roster to bring in players that would make Ace want to stay, rather than reacting to things after they happen. yadda yadda being proactive rather than reactive yadda yadda. I doubt this is what they're thinking, but who knows. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, they could always buy away the CLG team, place them under the Optic brand, and win an event... :kappa:

on another note any update on stats from this weekend? or are we still waiting for them to be sent out?

Still waiting for @@Tashi to send them out.  :mj:

I honestly don't think that's missing from OpTic Halo, I feel like I have a connection to at least half the roster right now (excluding FS). Maniac & Ace are two of my favourite players in the league because they've built that connection through vlogs/vision/smoothcompetition. And the only reason why I'm this invested in the HCS is because after H5 release I found Flameswords vlogs about the OpTic halo team etc. The issue with OG halo is that they're bad.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am honestly and genuinely confident that CLG will never lose a Halo 5 major event. They are not nor will they ever be bad enough.

Not unless one of them is ill.

ill...illu...illuminati...

Confirmed.

After watching Maniac's video today I think pretty much every Halo team would benefit from the group stage into double elimination tournament format MLG uses for their cod opens. It gives every team the maximum number of games to get used to the venue and servers and then if team struggles with those issues in group play they can still redeem themselves in the loser's bracket.  

Just a heads up: Penguin and Naded are running MM right now. Now, I know this does not mean they will team or running games but who doesn't love to speculate around this time of the month right?  :kappa:

I will throw a few teams out for fun:

Penguin Naded Commonly Spartan/Rammy

Victory X Naded Ninja Penguin

Also, what is the name of that halo website that tracks your stats as well? A screenshot of it was posted a couple pages back. (not halotracker)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just a heads up: Penguin and Naded are running MM right now. Now, I know this does not mean they will team or running games but who doesn't love to speculate around this time of the month right?  :kappa:

I will throw a few teams out for fun:

Penguin Naded Commonly Spartan/Rammy

Victory X Naded Ninja Penguin

Also, what is the name of that halo website that tracks your stats as well? A screenshot of it was posted a couple pages back. (not halotracker)

Halo5arena

• Upvote (+1) 1

basically, he's going to tell us how hard it was back in his day and to get off his lawn

Which, when you look back on it, is hilarious. How many good teams were there in h2? The answer is 2-4 at one time. There were only ever like 10-15 really good players. Which is just about the same amount now (some might argue there's some more better players now, even). Like, who was so good in h2 that was placing top 8?

Look at this list of players that placed top 8 at 2006 nats:

Vash

Mack

Vegetto

Lightking

Pyrocy

Shook One

Ramby

Poon

Samurai

DAMMNNNNNN the top 8 was loaded from top to bottom!!!

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Im cringing by just reading that.

I know. My team hasn't won since 1967 but I still cheer for them 82 times a season.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I know. My team hasn't won since 1967 but I still cheer for them 82 times a season.

My NBA team (suns) have never won a championship but I will always cheer for them.

• Upvote (+1) 2