CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think there's any doubt they would improve with Snipedown, but I think I and others are looking for somebody to make the hard choice, as Lethul/CLG did, and try to make the absolute best team they can make, regardless of "duos" or who you're bros with. This feels a little bit more like making pareto improvements to the team they already happen to have.

If I'm understanding this right, Huke or Bubu staying together to form an Anti-CLG would mean joining to a duo made up of 2 of the 4 top non-CLG players AND having the blessing of either ALG or the other org to keep the pro league spot.

I don't think that duo exists.

Why is the FB vs CLG thing even a conversation?  They havent even been a team for a year, if they are still in just as dominant of a position a year from now people can talk.

• Upvote (+1) 8

How can maniac seriously say "season doesn't start for a while" and "we have time to figure it out" when they said the exact same thing last summer when they needed 1, then again in october when they needed 1, then scrambled at the first roster lock to fill the team, then scramble again for a 4th when flamesword retired?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like an idiot for not being able to grasp the comparison between FB and CLG.  CLG have won three lans in a row compared to FB's sixteen (only counting mlg).  I know CLG haven't been able to play as many lans, but even just counting time at the top, it's six months compared to two years.

Would someone explain the comparison to me?

• Upvote (+1) 4

The thing that really grinds my gears is that he says that other top teams are making moves, but they aren't because they are a lower seed and nobody is reaching out to them.....

LIKE WAKE UP. IF YOU ARE A LOWER SEED YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO REACH OUT TO OTHER PLAYERS. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO REACH OUT TO YOU.

Possibility, not sure how valid: they're waiting to see if Ace gets poached to see if they need to plug the leak, or if they are free to change as necessary.

I liked watching Shooter progress through this season. He started pro league so far below where he was when it ended that its impressive. I could see E6 being so much better by the end of the next pro league if it keeps going that way

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah screw Cubs fans. Why do they even care

Well, I don't know much about sports (besides racing), but in general wouldn't follow a failing team. What's the point of rooting for a team that will just disappoint? 

• Downvote (-1) 22

The only comparisons people are doing between CLG and FB are that CLG are dominating tournaments like FB dominated(individually, dropping few games for example) and the possibility of them becoming the next FB. No one with a brain is directly comparing the two overall.

yep. I mean both teams are dominant in completely different Halo's afterall.

Gandhi just sees a chance to make a video that generates clicks and get viewers back of a scene he isn't involved anymore for quite some time now. Such a nonsense. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just won a Truth slayer game 2v4 and my team mates lagged out after 2 minutes and we won and I only got 1 CSR  :apg:

c4lTCXl.png

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This optic news has really annoyed me. They need to really step up with there attitude. Start being more proactive and try and make the team they want, not left with scraps.

Unless Ghandi sees all CLG's scrims and tournament gameplay I can't take Ghandi's comparison video seriously.

(Yes I know CLG hasn't won as many events like FB but their playstyle is pretty dominant)

Just won a Truth slayer game 2v4 and my team mates lagged out after 2 minutes and we won and I only got 1 CSR :apg:

c4lTCXl.png

That ranking system tho. Good god those teams are unfair lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

As an OpTic fan yes I would love to see them make a move and improve. But at this point everyone is playing for 2nd.

I think a lot of people are looking at this potential EG squad with rose-colored glasses. Whether it's due to how likable they are, or people are just craving that hard for a team to dethrone CLG. You can't deny that the twins and contra/devon played a lot less halo, whether it was individually or with their respective teams, than teams like CLG, nV, and E6. Maybe not making the finals LAN was a wakeup call, but until I see that all of them are ready to put in the time to grind and scrim (and take it seriously) then I don't see them doing better than 4th in the league (behind CLG, e6, and new nV). I also can see some serious personality classes between Lunch and Contra specifically. 

That being said, I hope they prove me wrong because they are great players and I want to see them succeed and compete in the fall LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, I don't know much about sports (besides racing), but in general wouldn't follow a failing team. What's the point of rooting for a team that will just disappoint?

Because some people aren't glory hunters and support a team beacuse they like a team and have grown feelings towards it.

For example, I support Wolves a football (soccor team) in england that hasn't won anything since 1980's. But, I'd go as far to say I love the team.

• Upvote (+1) 9

yep. I mean both teams are dominant in completely different Halo's afterall.

Gandhi just sees a chance to make a video that generates clicks and get viewers back of a scene he isn't involved anymore for quite some time now. Such a nonsense.

No. It was being debated on Twitter and then people starting @ing Scott in the conversation. People then kept saying he should make a new Halo video and he said he hasn't been keeping up on Halo anymore.

People love the underdog story

As an OpTic fan yes I would love to see them make a move and improve. But at this point everyone is playing for 2nd.

For Optic, it's all about making top 4, for me, that will get more optic cod fans watching the Halo, what can only be a good thing. Halo needs to grow and Optic can be a main player for this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because some people aren't glory hunters and support a team beacuse they like a team and have grown feelings towards it.

For example, I support Wolves a football (soccor team) in england that hasn't won anything since 1980's. But, I'd go as far to say I love the team.

I'm just a weirdo and have a "win or go home" for most aspects of life. I grew up in a house where an "A-" was a bad grade. 

People love the underdog story

That's why I am also rooting for NV! :)
  • Downvote (-1) 4

on another note any update on stats from this weekend? or are we still waiting for them to be sent out?

Not really funny anymore - joke is being beat with the shovel and thrown in the grave.

:coffin:

I mean it doesn't have to make you gasp for air laughing every time you see a reference to it. It's okay for it to be like, normal funny. It's not like he's over doing it or playing it out imo.

I'm just a weirdo and have a "win or go home" for most aspects of life. I grew up in a house where an "A-" was a bad grade. 

That's why I am also rooting for NV! :)

You can always root for all eight teams in the pro league so you're guaranteed to root for a winner. However, seven out of eight will have to lose so I guess you'll be SOL then.  :lxthul: