CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

some bubu dubu content: 

Gives me an idea, someone (not me I suck at editing) should make the greatest multikill ever, find the greatest single kill, the greatest kill in a double kill, triple kill, etc. Put them all together and create the greatest clip of all time :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

nV - Ola, Mikwen, Rayne, Snipedown

EG - Roybox, Contra, PreDev

Liquid - Eco, Stellur, Suspector, eL ToWn

C9 - Ninja, Victory, Spartan, ?

ALG - Ryan, Heinz, Commonly, Danoxide

CLG and e6 are going to stay the same, no one really knows whats gonna happen with optic.

So many feelings from this info. Rip to the EG I've loved since the start, but nV is now much more likely to beat CLG. Ninja the Dog is a questionable choice, I think it's been proven having two very strong personalities on a team has never worked for Ninja. EG with Contra/Dev is gonna either work great or terribly. And I'm assuming Optic got relegated, but I missed the relegation matches.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So many feelings from this info. Rip to the EG I've loved since the start, but nV is now much more likely to beat CLG. Ninja the Dog is a questionable choice, I think it's been proven having two very strong personalities on a team has never worked for Ninja. EG with Contra/Dev is gonna either work great or terribly. And I'm assuming Optic got relegated, but I missed the relegation matches.

No one got relegated, both liquid and optic held their spot.

some bubu dubu content: 

I use to play with bubu dubu a lot in reach he was beyond sick for a kid his age at the time. Only downfall is he could never call out because of his brother in the same room as him sleeping.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Would love to know the kind of offers Huke and Bubu are turning down.  :intensifies:

I'm not as excited with this new nV 'God Squad' on here as most people are. I think if you ask all 4 CLG members what squad would be the most likely to knock them off their perch they'd all include Huke and I'd take a guess that at least 2/4 of them would include Bubu too. I know Snakebite and Lethul rate him very highly as well as Huke too obviously. 

Obviously this new nV squad is an improvement, I'm not denying that but I think it's not as close to the 'God Squad' that can take down CLG as people are making out.

Huke and Bubu are most likely receiving offers from players we over here would probably rate higher then Cratos and Shooter. I know Cratos has a great record on H5 teams placing wise but I still think that's a fair statement to make. Maybe they just don't think they'd mesh as well with whoever they're getting offers from  and it's Cratos and Shooter that are bringing the best out of them. Who knows really.

Anyway we can find out what offers they're getting at least?  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 2

look mommy I'm famous. 

I still think maybe he and I have different opinions of what raging or tilting is for each of us, I can only say for myself I can't judge him as a private person, I have to do it via streams, but not just streams of the last year, I follow Halo since Halo 2 and I always got the impression of him which I posted. 

I won't get in an argument with him about how he is as a person, but from what I've seen and heard by other players I still think he is one of the top ragers/tilters

Every single event that I've seen on twitch that Naded's been a part of, he's always been DQ'd for throwing a chair. Not sure if he gets fined for these offenses, but he has to be careful or he could end up in jail one of these times with T2. 

i know its dumb but i had to :kappa:  

• Upvote (+1) 5

nah ninja is the captain. and they would have no reason for him to leave he had one bad game all tournament,

The captain of EG is going to nV...so yeah. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Would love to know the kind of offers Huke and Bubu are turning down.  :intensifies:

I'm not as excited with this new nV 'God Squad' on here as most people are. I think if you ask all 4 CLG members what squad would be the most likely to knock them off their perch they'd all include Huke and I'd take a guess that at least 2/4 of them would include Bubu too. I know Snakebite and Lethul rate him very highly as well as Huke too obviously. 

Obviously this new nV squad is an improvement, I'm not denying that but I think it's not as close to the 'God Squad' that can take down CLG as people are making out.

Huke and Bubu are most likely receiving offers from players we over here would probably rate higher then Cratos and Shooter. I know Cratos has a great record on H5 teams placing wise but I still think that's a fair statement to make. Maybe they just don't think they'd mesh as well with whoever they're getting offers from  and it's Cratos and Shooter that are bringing the best out of them. Who knows really.

Anyway we can find out what offers they're getting at least?  :apg:

Agreed, if it were me I would be moving heaven and earth to team with Huke. I think Bubu is more human and on the level with other top players. Assuming they stay together, though, means the contending team is probably Huke, Bubu, ?, ?

The state-of-the-art thinking right now seems to be that you should have people who fill different roles on the team. Everybody seems to love this idea, and it's seen as wisdom to say that 4 people who are just slayers and "never go for the objective" would not do well on a team. I pretty much think this is confirmation bias at best, and self deceptive nonsense at worst. The hallmark of the 4 players on CLG is not that they fufill certain, different roles really well. The defining feature is that they're all super aware, have super sick shots, and are super hard to kill. 

Members of Final Boss from the H2 days used to corroborate this all the time. Whenever interviewers would ask them about their roles on the team, they would give the boring answer that didn't fit the narrative people were trying to spin: "we don't think about it that way". Everybody is a good player, everybody makes the right play in the situation they're in. A team with 4 interchangeable players is far superior to one that has to wait for certain players to move across the map to come do their pre-defined job. Just because people have talents doesn't mean they have roles. 

Regarding the current rostermania, that's why I think Huke and Bubu should be trying to talk to Contra, Snipedown, Spartan, Ninja and/or Mikwen. If they don't, they're leaving money on the table.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree God Squad is too much for the new NV, but their is no denying they got better with this move. They dropped someone with a a 1.94 KDA for a guy with a 4.92 (top 5 in the game). Snipedown also lead his team in many of the obj stats. To end the summer season  NV and E6 were basically on the same exact level. They went 1-1 in the finals and one of those series went 7 games. Logic would suggest replacing your weakest player with someone who is now more than likely your strongest would make you better than before, so you would think that NV is now > than E6. Who knows though. We will find out soon!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, same. :/ Any other matchup i'll root for both though

Having them both finish top 4 would be a dream (and its possible with some of these ass roster changes).

You will know I felt at the end of last season. I was sad to see my homies rayne and penguin split, but I was excited for both of them when their respective teams both qualified for finals.

I've been a fan of roybox since the 5k days (I miss you hokum!) and I really hope that they find 2 teammates that remotivate and light a fire under their asses!

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Evil Geniuses Halo: End of an Era"

My extremely average tribute to Evil Geniuses former dynasty, which is now over.

Made with movie maker, so be gentle and enjoy.

Very emotional look at a bygone era without radar.   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

it's pretty great to see ace really run with this whole "always sleeping" thing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

it's pretty great to see ace really run with this whole "always sleeping" thing.

Not really funny anymore - joke is being beat with the shovel and thrown in the grave.

:coffin: 

• Downvote (-1) 2

how come commonguin is no longer a set duo?

4-16 game 3 SH rig, is why. Haha just kidding hamy, I'm pretty sure penguin is just exploring his options at the moment

I'm just trying to figure out how we've somehow gone a year without a single interview, video clip, statement, Twitch stream, Youtube video, anything by Huke ...?  

Not really funny anymore - joke is being beat with the shovel and thrown in the grave.

:coffin: 

So you're saying the Joke is taking a...dirt nap? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree God Squad is too much for the new NV, but their is no denying they got better with this move. They dropped someone with a a 1.94 KDA for a guy with a 4.92 (top 5 in the game). Snipedown also lead his team in many of the obj stats. To end the summer season  NV and E6 were basically on the same exact level. They went 1-1 in the finals and one of those series went 7 games. Logic would suggest replacing your weakest player with someone who is now more than likely your strongest would make you better than before, so you would think that NV is now > than E6. Who knows though. We will find out soon!

I don't think there's any doubt they would improve with Snipedown, but I think I and others are looking for somebody to make the hard choice, as Lethul/CLG did, and try to make the absolute best team they can make, regardless of "duos" or who you're bros with. This feels a little bit more like making pareto improvements to the team they already happen to have.

I'm just trying to figure out how we've somehow gone a year without a single interview, video clip, statement, Twitch stream, Youtube video, anything by Huke ...?  

he isnt real

• Upvote (+1) 2