CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They have a ton of upside imo. I'm in the camp that consistency is key. They also seem to get along rather well.

I don't think anyone is going to beat CLG if every team gives up after one go. Just my opinion

An earlier arguement was if it was a good idea to stay together to work issues or or not if the squad is dysfunctional in terms of chemistry.

Some said yes, some said no.

This is a similar conversation, is it better to stay together if you do not get the W or to try again with different people?

In the case of liquid, nV, and E6 how do you people think those arguements apply?

Alright guys, if you could have ONE CHANGE from  last season to next, what would it be?

ONLY PICK ONE please

Mine: Analyst desks (so more casters/personalities)

Shit that is hard.  So many choices.  I'm going to break the rules and pick one format change, and one game change.

1) Format - Open mid-season LAN event

2) Game - No Radar

• Upvote (+1) 4

Havent been up to date with all of the pros, but anyone know if Chig or Assault is still around the top 8 team roster discussion? 

Chig works for 343, so nope.

Alright guys, if you could have ONE CHANGE from  last season to next, what would it be?

ONLY PICK ONE please

MLG and not ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Havent been up to date with all of the pros, but anyone know if Chig or Assault is still around the top 8 team roster discussion? 

Chig works at 343 and Assault was by far the worst player in the pro league during his time on liquid, so no.

An earlier arguement was if it was a good idea to stay together to work issues or or not if the squad is dysfunctional in terms of chemistry.

Some said yes, some said no.

This is a similar conversation, is it better to stay together if you do not get the W or to try again with different people?

In the case of liquid, nV, and E6 how do you people think those arguements apply?

Depends.  I think its harder to work on dysfunctional relationships because there is no separation.  In court and turf sports, you have coaches who make the lineups and people who can sub in and out and there are potential real, immediate consequences to "behaving badly".  You can get benched for example.  There is no recourse like that for teams in esports so its up to the individual player to realize that they need to leave their ego at the door and mature, which is very hard for some people and requires more time than they have.

As far as staying together is concerned:

E6 should make no roster moves

NV should make none or 1 (Snipedown for El Town)

Liquid needs to blow up their roster.  They were playing better lately, to avoid being relegated, but they couldn't perform under pressure in the pro league so something there has to change.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MID SEASON 108 TEAM OPEN LAN

I sadly doubt there will be that many teams attending a LAN tourney nowadays

theres almost 64 am teams going to the 2050 event in chattanooga, tennessee! theres still a lot of time for last minute people to sign up too. also i heard a few pro teams might go

• Upvote (+1) 2

ONLY PICK ONE please

8 team double elim bracket grand finals
  • Upvote (+1) 1

What? You reallly think they're content competing for second? Bubu and Huke need to take advantage of their stock being so high and at least try to put together a team that can challenge CLG.

I mean, if E6 was smart, they COULD still make this move without losing their spot:

Bubu, Huke, Snipedown and Penguin or Commonly. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

still dont understand the arena ranking system. I'm a 1500 onyx at best. My team lost 7 out of 10 placement matches last night, and i'm consistently 3rd or 4th on my team for kills, yet 2 of the other guys placed Platinum, while i got 1700 Onyx.

previous rankings shouldn't matter THAT much

ONLY PICK ONE please

Naded.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can 343 & ESL please finish off this year with 3 HCS LAN events. Apologizes if I'm getting ahead of myself but 1 LAN for every month between September-December would be great. I mean tell me that the money and the resources aren't available to make that happen

still dont understand the arena ranking system. I'm a 1500 onyx at best. My team lost 7 out of 10 placement matches last night, and i'm consistently 3rd or 4th on my team for kills, yet 2 of the other guys placed Platinum, while i got 1700 Onyx.

previous rankings shouldn't matter THAT much

same thing happened to me except lost 8 and had a terrible kda. solo q tho. Ghostayame messaged me wanting to look into it.

same thing happened to me except lost 8 and had a terrible kda. solo q tho. Ghostayame messaged me wanting to look into it.

Your rank in the previous season is a factor too.

The problem is that your previous rank is your next rank. 1700 being the cap. It doesn't actually reset. It puts you into a phase of what I can only assume is supposed to be much more fluid ranking changes for 10 games while concealing the numbers from you. The problem is that it doesn't actually change a lot no matter what happens. The whole seasons thing is really more of a Skinner box and inflation adjuster than something that has a real impact on your gameplay/matches. People seem to want it to be a real restart and a chance for things to change and it doesn't function very well at that at all.

Why do you think this considering their current roster have no chance of beating CLG?

So Ogre 1's 41-0 is the best thing ever and it had radar but everything now is trash because of radar? Times have changed  :kappa:

Yeah but that was back before this guy got involved.

1453036189-0.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

What? You reallly think they're content competing for second? Bubu and Huke need to take advantage of their stock being so high and at least try to put together a team that can challenge CLG.

E6 not making changes is complacency at its finest. They were lucky to even get second.. they struggled in every series they played at champs, then squeaked by to get man-handled by CLG in the finals. That final series was over before it even started

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We had 96 teams at UGC STL last season, and that wasn't even close to the prize pools we've had lately. People will show up for an actual event.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The problem is that your previous rank is your next rank. 1700 being the cap. It doesn't actually reset. It puts you into a phase of what I can only assume is supposed to be much more fluid ranking changes for 10 games while concealing the numbers from you. The problem is that it doesn't actually change a lot no matter what happens. The whole seasons thing is really more of a Skinner box and inflation adjuster than something that has a real impact on your gameplay/matches. People seem to want it to be a real restart and a chance for things to change and it doesn't function very well at that at all.

Who wants this?

Every game that has a concept of seasons heavily draws upon your previous season rank. Why would I want to have to trudge through and grind an unreasonable amount of lower ranks to get to where my MMR is?

• Upvote (+1) 4