CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

-formed the first team to topple the Instinct God squad

-formed the first team to topple the Halo 4 ambush God squad (for what it's worth)

-taken part in an h2a dynasty

-made a highly controversial decision to leave said h2a dynasty team, which resulted in him winning the biggest prize of all time

-taken part in an ongoing h5 dynasty

I still wish I could find the quote I had from the old MLG forums, when Puckett asked for a team to "topple the God Squad" and I'd included Lethul as "People think he's a slayer, but he really just does what it takes to win.  I'd call him a young Ogre 2.  A baby goat.  The kid."  (I think my other 3 were Enable, APG, and Snipedown)

Lethul's grown up now.  Kinda.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not getting into this argument but yea guys ogre 2 was the best player on instinct and h3 FB right guys? *pretends to leave thread while spamming F5*

h3 barely counts 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What forum is this again?

We're all going to be sliding on a very slippery slope if we start talking about what is and isn't off-topic. :P

How much does he pay you, anyway?  I've been curious about that for a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

2gre's CE accolades alone make him one of the best ever.

In more news, when I woke up the sky was still blue. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

CLG dropped 2gre for Lethul, so that technically means Lethul is the real GOAT. That's how it works, right? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Their past record is not only in the past, but in a different game. They have one significant win in Halo 5 and that's it. If T2, Elamite, Legit, and Snipedown teamed up right now, I wouldn't expect them to blow everyone out of the water just because that team was good for a while in Halo 3. EG was good in H2A but they're not as good at Halo 5. That's just the reality. This post sounds harsh but I really don't mean it to be.

I will say it would be nice to see how EG performs at a LAN. Halo really needs an Mid Season Invitational if we end up sticking with the Pro League format.

You speak of Eg success like it was 5 years ago.

Well. Let's just wait for the teams to set up and for the next season information. Don't want to go too far into this without knowing they'll even stick together.

People are laughing and rolling their eyes at it, but I think Lethul is a serious contender for one of the greatest Halo players of all time, especially in this new era of the HCS. Since the MCC invitational (what I consider the start of the Halo Championship Series), dude has placed out of first 3 times. 5th at IG Columbus with BTH (H2A), 3rd at UGC St. Louis with EG (H2A), and 2nd at X-Games with CLG (H5). In the other 9 LAN events that we've had, he's placed first. 

He's pretty okay at Halo. 

TJ is just clutch and an extremely smart player I wouldn't roll my eyes one bit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How much does he pay you, anyway?  I've been curious about that for a while.

panel-46628202-image-a72c6708272e0e22-32

8 Memes/hr

• Upvote (+1) 1

You speak of Eg success like it was 5 years ago.

Given the incredible amounts of differences between Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 5, it might as well have been. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Given the incredible amounts of differences between Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 5, it might as well have been.

Maybe EG needs to push for our classic settings since some people say "it plays just like H2A" :kappa:

Its often super weird how people even try to decide upon the top 5 (or whatever) players. The first obvious thing is that nobody compares to Ogre 2. Not even just in event wins but also his general skill level across so many different Halo titles. CE, 2, 3, Reach, and H2A. I think its pretty hard to not have players like Roybox, Victory X, and Ola as your next few if we're talking about Halo as a whole and not just the current game or a specific game or two where you'd have to go with people like Ogre 1 and Walshy. 

*pretends to leave thread while spamming F5*

Hahahahahha this sums up all "conclusive argument" posts.

Spartan gets a few flashy snipes on the HCS stream and he's the second coming of Neighbor or whatever ... people keep saying he deserves a better team but I just don't see it.  His placings indicate his skill.  Terrible personality in-game, and an inconsistent player.  I'm not a pro so my opinion probably means nothing, but w/e

i don't see any of the personality things that you're talking about, but i'm not going to slam you for your opinion. 

Back to Halo-related jimmy rustling please.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lethul is one of the best all around players I've ever seen. He reminds me of Ogre2 in his prime. The h1 and h2 players like the ogres, zyos, and karma are legendary to me, but lethul is for sure on the same path of those players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been following this thread closely all day

Quality has been steadily declining, now it's rapidly dropping

I don't feel so good

• Upvote (+1) 2

rant

I'm a pleb that at some times in the past put in a good amount of time to the arena grind had a few friends who would come on with me and got to 1900 or so. Since then have mixed things up with overwatch and don't have the same shot or general game awareness. I'm fine with that. 

My MMR now only places me with 1700 - champ when really I'm probably diamond tier at this point. I managed to hold on to 1700 last season over 2 months with a 0.2 kda, just did my placement matches for August got placed the highest you can at 1700 with a -1.8 KDA and a 20% win rate. 

Please, put me in the rank I deserve (platinum or diamond) and match me with other players so that I can relearn the game. It's so hard to get back into things if you're constantly getting recked everygame. Even the wins I do have I'm usually bottom half of the leaderboard. It makes me want to get on a smurf just to get some confidence back but that's not how you get better.

all right pity party over

EDIT: to be somewhat constructive I feel like MMR should only account for the past 1-2 seasons, it should be a rolling average that doesn't take you intentionally tanking a couple of seasons to readjust to a normal level if you haven't played in awhile.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1