CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

People asking for a HCS playlist are in for a shock when they announce that most, if not all, of the new maps/gametypes will be used in the Pro League/HWC 2017.

• Upvote (+1) 6

People asking for a HCS playlist are in for a shock when they announce that most, if not all, of the new maps/gametypes will be used in the Pro League/HWC 2017.

This. 

FYI We are like 99.99% with Renegades <3 #ANTIINTEL

How's that Red Bull cooler treating you  :kappa:

Hey Ninja Fan

Ninja_Fighting_Fan.jpg

0be61e380fd8aef579bbb3a89d0c97ca.png

Hey you 2 stop that. I was here first.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like if this happened it would finally be enough to get the pro players upset enough to do something. I have never heard any pro say anything positive about Overgrowth, Riptide, or Torque.

No way that would happen. Pretty sure the pros hate Overgrowth/Riptide/Torque more than Breakout or Ricoshit. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

No way that would happen. Pretty sure the pros hate Overgrowth/Riptide/Torque more than Breakout or Ricoshit. 

I think a lot of circle-jerking is amplifying how much the Pros roast those maps. The fact that they are new and currently not in the rotation (but remain in the playlist) could add to the distaste.

Not saying they are good maps but I feel like they get more hate than actually deserved.

The Arena refresh is also going to change up a lot of stuff so who knows, maybe those maps will get updates.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No way. Renegades' twitter unfollowed Spartan and Stellur yesterday (or maybe today, I'm not sure), but you can see they still follow Ninja, Vicx and Symbolic.

Maybe they got a better option this weekend? Please Ninja don't leave Renegades, I was gonna buy one of those jackets when they make them available.

Damn they got hit with the crispy unfollow?

Breakout being removed made sense because it was so drastically different settings wise. Ricochet was being added mid-season (I think?) so that made sense too.

But three maps that are being added at the start of the pro league? No chance they'll remove them/not add them. I've ended Overgrowth Strongholds is actually decent, haven't heard much about Riptide anything or Torque anything.

If they so get added in and somehow everyone hates them, I hope they actually say why they hate it and not this "remove it because bad" shit we see constantly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where did you get those ? I was looking for this some time ago. Those should be available in game. It think map schematics give players opportunity to learn and understand the maps faster, especially when it comes to asymms. That is why i loved what they did in mcc with loading screens

I posted it earlier HERE. It was posted on reddit, imgur, and google drive a long time ago. It's from the Prima guide that you can buy. Doesn't have new maps however.

I would take schemas even without weapon/powerup placements. Still would be nice thing to study a little bit.

Believe the guide has clean ones without weapon placements as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FYI We are like 99.99% with Renegades <3 #ANTIINTEL

Hit-up Hecz and tell him to pitch a tent for Maniac in the garage.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think a lot of circle-jerking is amplifying how much the Pros roast those maps. The fact that they are new and currently not in the rotation (but remain in the playlist) could add to the distaste.

Not saying they are good maps but I feel like they get more hate than actually deserved.

The Arena refresh is also going to change up a lot of stuff so who knows, maybe those maps will get updates.

What is this "Arena refresh" you speak of? You assuming?

What is this "Arena refresh" you speak of? You assuming?

they're changing up all the maps soon, probably in this weeks content update.

Quinn was asking for feedback on Waypoint recently about it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm excited to see the Mayhem that ensues.

Sounds juicy

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm excited to see the Mayhem that ensues.

Torque now has 4 gravity hammers, all rifles/autos insta-respawn so everyone can have the same weapons, sniper rifle buff, magnum nerf, and the answer now replaces the plasma caster.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I completely forgot about that. Gives me something to look forward to this update.

Breakout being removed made sense because it was so drastically different settings wise. Ricochet was being added mid-season (I think?) so that made sense too.

But three maps that are being added at the start of the pro league? No chance they'll remove them/not add them. I've ended Overgrowth Strongholds is actually decent, haven't heard much about Riptide anything or Torque anything.

If they so get added in and somehow everyone hates them, I hope they actually say why they hate it and not this "remove it because bad" shit we see constantly.

Torque is a fucking box with 2 hammers. Pillars randomly decide to appear when they want to. You can't take that map seriously. Starting spawns on Riptide are atrocious or in general. Out of all them, strongholds on Overgrowth is the only one that has potential. Hopefully this new map coming in the April update is actually good. Just because it's symmetrical, doesn't mean it will be good (*cough* Torque).

Quoted the wrong person. Meant the person above him. 

I was just thinking about how 343i could troll everyone asking for an official HCS playlist by taking the current Arena gametypes and making those the official tournament gametypes.  :lxthul:

But seriously - Competitive Overgrowth, Torque, and Riptide? 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pillars randomly decide to appear when they want to. 

Don't believe so