CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Considering the CLG players basically know they just won a $2.5M prize pool tournament + Pro league season 1 + know they are ENORMOUS favorites to win Pro league season 2 and the next worlds, the offer would have to probably be something like an annual salary of $100K to even remotely consider it. 

It's crazy to think, but CLG could make over 500k per player  in h5 if Worlds is another 1m for first.

Considering the CLG players basically know they just won a $2.5M prize pool tournament + Pro league season 1 + know they are ENORMOUS favorites to win Pro league season 2 and the next worlds, the offer would have to probably be something like an annual salary of $100K to even remotely consider it. 

But what if they got Chipotle gift cards and all-you-can-drink Brisk Mate?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

So now that I'm all caught up on the last 10 pages.  Still not sure who's KimYe and who's Tay-tay between Frank and GB.  

I don't know what to believe anymore other than rostermania can't come soon enough...

(so we can go back to complaining instead about autos, radar, settings, sprint, spartan charge, overtime, stasis, sniper magnetism, 4sk pistol, saw on eden, railgun, rocket damage on stairs, spnkr splash damage, fuel on truth, hcs tweets, twitch numbers, prize pool, number of pro league teams, skin prices, double elim, single elim, double elim with single elim finals, lans, spectator mode, servers, solo queue, warzone, r/halo, waypoint, scrim dodging, beyond tournaments overlapping scrim times, quitting beyond tourneys to scrim, optic, apg, ace's ankles, ace's practice time, ace, maniac, ninja and h1z1, commonly's problem, eg practice time, eg's fourth, roybox's jobs, lethul's followers, cratos, e6's logo, casters, body disrespect, analyst desk size, no puckett, no walshy, no ogre2, no ogre1, no bestman, no enable, no formal, no tsm, no #content, etc.)

I feel like you got all these from youtube tag generator

• Upvote (+1) 1

I missed all the drama :<

Frank and GBoy are washed.

@@Clicked, @@TheSimms, and Infinity tri-cast for the rest of HCS future.

I refuse to cast with a living meme

• Upvote (+1) 4

I refuse to cast with a living meme

You've casted with Mark, Dan and Harry.

That isn't a valid excuse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just came back from my mini-vacation to hear that nV placed 3rd and didn't win a slayer all weekend. 

I shoulda just stayed on vacation.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just watched the Halo themed Cake War and it was filmed before HWC 2016 and the players got to eat the winning cake.

@@LethuL @@Naded Can you confirm you ate award winning Halo themed cake?

thumbnail_IMG_3237.jpg

@@TheSimms and @@Wra7h sharing a lovely moment

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'd like to see Roy, Lunch, Pistola, and Heinz as a season 2 squad.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If nV have a roster change it's most likely to be eLTown to get dropped imo.

- Rayne has proven to be a good consistent player.

- Mikwen and Ola can't get dropped as they're the duo and are the face of the Halo team.

However, eLTown had a bit of a rough tourney so... He had a few great matches where he was doing pretty good, but then he had matches which were he struggle a lot. He's still a great player though.

Snip3down nV  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've been contemplating making a montage of some of cratos' forum posts and video interviews, and then combining them with gameplay and stats from him.

I do think he is a talented player and I understand his mindset ( to be the best you need to consider yourself the best ).

But he makes himself look foolish at times.

PLEASE DO 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe I'm crazy, but i think the team with the best chance of beating CLG is a team that stays together for longer than one season

I've been thinking that as well. In fact, I don't see any team changes beating CLG - they have too much chemistry. 

Sorry if this was posted earlier, but this sorta seems like Cratos throwing Bubu under the bus.

Doubtful, but Shooter was highly underrated. Definitely a silent star. 

Shooter doesn't get enough credit for sure. The problem is they base everything off of multi's and sick snipes. That's why  Huke and Royal 2 are "the best in the game" while people like Lethul are trash cans who get carried.

Even though TJ rarely makes mistakes and makes the right plays 98% of the time.

I agree, Lethul is very good and rarely tilts. In fact, most of CLG always keep their composure and talk in a calm manner. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been contemplating making a montage of some of cratos' forum posts and video interviews, and then combining them with gameplay and stats from him.

I do think he is a talented player and I understand his mindset ( to be the best you need to consider yourself the best ).

But he makes himself look foolish at times.

I've done that

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On the contrary, you're not getting it. Sometimes you can't lock down a venue until the last minute (not literally btw). Ticket prices are also something that requires coordination with the venue depending on the situation between you and the venue. I agree that formats should be made public ahead of time and I believe the prize pool was publicly known at the start of the HCS unless I'm missing something.

I don't disagree with everything that you said but there is more to it than meets the eye.

If the company i work for can lock down a venue at disney.  in the middle of the tourist season.  months in advance, surely getting a smaller venue in a smaller market months in advance should not be any problem for Microsoft/343/ESL.

I could come on here and be politically correct and professional and make great points and nothing would get done, and what has he done for Halo besides sway 343 Industries to go with ESL because Halo needed a "grassroots" movement for it to grow? 

Because i am sure he has that kind of clout over there..... c'mon man.

Sorry if this was posted earlier, but this sorta seems like Cratos throwing Bubu under the bus.

I think he was trying to give Shooter credit but could have left out the part about bubu because it does just sound like sour grapes.  he explained that he was watching the game with bubu so they are both in on it, but twitter doesn't leave a lot of room for context.

Not that I remember, but a LOT of people think he's the weakest link on the team and therefore gets carried. People who have no idea how team games work.

Yeah, some people (especially in twitch chat, not here tbh) must think he isn't as good because he isn't as "Flashy" as the other players on his team.  I think trying to pick any "weakest link" on that team is a fools errand.

I'd like to see Roy, Lunch, Pistola, and Heinz as a season 2 squad.

Pistola wont leave.  Hell, NV's roster shouldn't change at all IMO.  Neither should E6. Though i know thats just what you are saying you would like to see, not think will happen.

I want to see Roy, Lunch, 2gre and a random fourth.  Someone totally out of left field that also has a full time job but wants to wreck the challenger league

I doubt 2gre comes back but I'd love for him to be on a team. Watching him stream he is definitely still good enough

Well if the twins are staying.... how about we see that original EG squad back together? Not likely since Mikwen and Ola are a real duo right now, I know... Still Ola has improved a lot after starting off a bit slow for Halo 5. 

FWIW though I don't think any roster should change except for Liquid and Optic. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm a huge Contra fan, but any team with him and Devon WILL NOT beat CLG if they aren't willing to grind. I see snip3down having the same issue he had on EG this split if he pairs with them. Snip3down grinds his ass off and I can definitely see him getting annoyed with Contra/Devon if they aren't giving it their all in scrims/online pro league.

LAN skill means nothing if you can't make the LAN (regardless of whether not you agree with the format, online matters a lot for now).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3