CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My only issue is the locale. Chattanooga is a big city sure, but its no LA or Raleigh, or Philly. I hope the community shows up indeed. 

50+ teams have signed up so far

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't get it twisted Frank, I remain professional because I choose to be and not because I am required to be.

Also, if you believe that I swayed 343 into going with ESL then you're not very bright. The only thing I had to do with HCS/HWC was being a caster and that's it. Of course you don't see the things that I do for the community because you're clueless, so allow me to fill you in. You know those Beyond tournaments you cast? Ever wondered how those get on the front page of Twitch every single month? You're welcome.

When Halo pro's were getting partnered and promoted so that they could attempt to make a sustainable living, I helped with that and worked with our partnerships team to make that happen. Hell, my first week at Twitch I managed to sponsor Beyond for a tournament that wasn't even streamed because I wanted to support the community as much as possible. I even worked with GrifballHub to promote their content because we should support all parts of Halo and not just esports. I go out of my way to support Halo because I love the game and the community even when they didn't like me all that much.

I also supported your casting and really enjoyed working with you because I genuinely believe you're a good person despite what skewed perspective you have of me.

I could go on and on but I'm choosing not to because there isn't a point to it. You can form your opinions and talk your garbage but that won't change the fact then when it came down to it I actually did something instead of just complaining on the internet.

Deciding on whether or not to drop bombs.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 16

Deciding on whether or not to drop bombs.

Should I be spamming F5 to catch it before you get censored like last time?

Don't get it twisted Frank, I remain professional because I choose to be and not because I am required to be.

4G0iuqC.gif

Waiting for Frank to respond. 

These last 20+ pages have been more entertaining than the finals yesterday. 

Since ESL is in this thread, why was there no prize pool announced or any crowd shots of the audience this weekend?  

• Upvote (+1) 5

Should I be spamming F5 to catch it before you get censored like last time?

I'm gonna try to keep it within the realm of approval. 

50+ teams have signed up so far

WOw. Any pro or AM in the LAN? 

I do remember you having a google doc of the teams. 

Pretty sure E-League is focused on Overwatch next.

FYI: 

Wouldn't be surprised to see them go to Overwatch next, although it it's very confusing at a high level from a spectator standpoint.

OT: CLG top 1

• Upvote (+1) 1

I even worked with GrifballHub to promote their content because we should support all parts of Halo and not just esports. I go out of my way to support Halo because I love the game and the community even when they didn't like me all that much.

Serious question: Why is competitive Grifball not considered "esports"?

Grifball is to Halo what DotA is to WarCraft 3.  User-made settings that are embraced by a fraction of the game's community that has opportunity to grow beyond the constraints of the game.

FYI: 

Wouldn't be surprised to see them go to Overwatch next, although it it's very confusing at a high level from a spectator standpoint.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/22/tbs-overwatch-tournament/

• Upvote (+1) 4

they went 0-2 and he had the highest k/d...

wake up dude

when halo 6 is on pc

I keep wondering how this will go down if H6 does come out on PC and Xbox simultaneously. I want PC to have a featured HCS scene, but I want the console pros to be able to keep competing if they don't have the means to play on PC or just don't want to. Rainbow Six and Smite have run Xbox and PC pro leagues at the same time. 

edit: And this all depends on if Halo 6 on PC is even good. It is an FPS series made specifically for consoles afterall. 

Oh good I got off work just in time

Gather around everyone and have a seat

no-place-to-sit-let-me-pull-up-a-chair-7

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty sure E-League is focused on Overwatch next.

FYI: 

OT: CLG top 1

E-League is starting qualifying tourneys for the Overwatch season. I would assume you should expect it around season 3 POSSIBLY season 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I keep wondering how this will go down if H6 does come out on PC and Xbox simultaneously. I want PC to have a featured HCS scene, but I want the console pros to be able to keep competing if they don't have the means to play on PC or just don't want to. Rainbow Six and Smite have run Xbox and PC pro leagues at the same time. 

edit: And this all depends on if Halo 6 on PC is even good. It is an FPS series made specifically for consoles afterall. 

hopefully competitive play is pc based with controllers

pc with controller vs xbox cross play

that would be ideal imo

WOw. Any pro or AM in the LAN? 

I do remember you having a google doc of the teams. 

not sure

• Upvote (+1) 3

they went 0-2 and he had the highest k/d...

wake up dude

Infused also didn't have to play U4X. I'm not saying Batch is bad or anything but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say he "proved everybody wrong" (whoever this supposed everybody is) because he had the best stats on his bottom placing team over the two matches that they lost.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Serious question: Why is competitive Grifball not considered "esports"?

Grifball is to Halo what DotA is to WarCraft 3.  User-made settings that are embraced by a fraction of the game's community that has opportunity to grow beyond the constraints of the game.

You know, I have no idea. I think the dedicated Observer Mode would really help Grifball out because you can finally watch it 1:1 (if the damn thing ever comes out lol). I really enjoy the content that GH produces as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sample size of two series..

Not sure why the downvotes.. its literally a tiny sample size + what happened to stats don't matter? His team finished last. It's a team game.

• Upvote (+1) 1