CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just to put it out there.

Yes I do want to join a NA team so if anyone wants to run let me know.

Although I would need a place to live while I'm state side. Team house? Pls :D

If not, I will continue with Epsilon winning everything in EU  :simms:

u heard him OGRE2, invite him over to your place in Utah, or send him to your parents house in pickerington (aka the mecca of competitive halo) 

Seriously though hope you create a good team that can compete for top 4 @@OGRE2

• Upvote (+1) 4

Here are map overviews for most of the maps.

https://m.imgur.com/a/5FEoK

Where did you get those ? I was looking for this some time ago. Those should be available in game. It think map schematics give players opportunity to learn and understand the maps faster, especially when it comes to asymms. That is why i loved what they did in mcc with loading screens

Is there any intel on a Team Doubles playlist?? All this talk about FFA but what about TD in matchmaking?

Supposedly it is coming after a Forgehub 2v2 map competition is completed. But that's really just rumor, no confirmation. I really miss doubles.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where did you get those ? I was looking for this some time ago. Those should be available in game. It think map schematics give players opportunity to learn and understand the maps faster, especially when it comes to asymms. That is why i loved what they did in mcc with loading screens

I definitely agree that there should be a place for free map layouts but those are going to become redundant soon when they redo the maps.

Wonder if there's any plans for Bubu to run with NV.

I'd like to see how that'd work out with Bubu and Ola on the same team for max levels of wizardry.

I would be interested in this. 100%

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bubu and Ola on the same team would be like one player having permanent Camo all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Would love to see Jimbo on Optic, would be great to see a UK player compete on a top NA team.

Judging by the recent Optic vlogs their house is pretty full at the moment. Maybe the new Counter Strike house they are getting will have room?

Am I the only one completely disinterested in implementing pick/ban? I'm willing to change my mind if there really are good reasons, but feel like it's unnecessary and should be pretty far down the list of concerns.

I've got no problem with the predetermined maps.

We definitely need some forge maps, that and a HPL Playlist so that the pros can practice without having to set up scrims and customs.

I mean, look at these:

Forge maps are absolutely a viable option for HPL. Some look like dev maps

• Upvote (+1) 5

• Gives teams more power in the games they play.
  • Allows 'stylistic' teams to form e.g. Champs Denial being a Slayer heavy team.
  • Creates an interesting narrative for viewers to follow.
  • Concentrates the play onto maps that are great for both teams.

It's a very easy change if the Halo community decides it would prefer the above OVER what Halo has traditionally been in having to be good over all map/gametype combos.

Damn, literally just replied to another post that I was fine with the predetermined maps. You have swayed me.

We definitely need some forge maps, that and a HPL Playlist so that the pros can practice without having to set up scrims and customs.

I mean, look at these:

Forge maps are absolutely a viable option for HPL. Some look like dev maps

Just because a map looks good doesn't mean it is ready for competitive multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just because a map looks good doesn't mean it is ready for competitive multiplayer.

Certainly helps. But these maps also play VERY well, Shurima would be pretty great if we did FFAs again.

jimbo on optic would be good because his vlogs would actually be interesting. I'd much rather listen to him talk about what it's like to move overseas and adjust to the american scene than watch an american player make another optic grocery shopping video 

Three 20 min vids incoming about how they took Optic JimBoze to eat and how chips are called fries.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just want to give a shoutout to all the pro's who have started streaming more since worlds.  For once I actually feel like this community is making a comeback, and it's great to see everyone get behind it.  Even if you're not seeing the viewer numbers you want, I really am thankful for you all putting in the effort.   :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Just to put it out there.

Yes I do want to join a NA team so if anyone wants to run let me know.

Although I would need a place to live while I'm state side. Team house? Pls :D

If not, I will continue with Epsilon winning everything in EU  :simms:

REACH OUT TO OPTIC!!!! 

I think it would make more sense for Epsilon to move to NA if that was even possible for them. They really competed with CLG at Worlds. If they were to move over they could be on the same schedule with the rest of the top teams and actually practice against them. Obviously this is a major life change for a group of players for something that is not guaranteed in a still growing Halo scene. 

My main point is i think Jimbo should stick with Epsilon, they have great potential. 

I've spoke to both the Buks about this a lot and they would understand say If I got a good offer, hell who wouldn't with the current situation I'm in. The only thing they mainly say is

Epsilon:

Win majority of EU events/Tourneys

Spot on a Pro League 100%

Say for example OpTic:

Huge publicity, good for content/streaming and part of superior Halo region

Not guaranteed Pro League

There's got to be a real worth while offer for me to come out but I'm willing to make it worth

As for Snipedrones opinion, he's clueless in the world  :kappa:

I feel like Maniac, when he decides to grind (if ever) is a solid player, and if you have a chance to team with Maniac, Naded and Flame, that team could be very scary. 

They showed episodes of brilliance against EG, even after not scrimming/playing Halo seriously for some time. 

At the end of the day, it all depends on the 4th on that team. Some very good or very average FAs left they could grab.

• Upvote (+1) 1