CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Before regionals and worlds I knew other teams were watching my team's rebroadcasts to check out our starting strats and other tendencies that we make during games. If they were going to do that might as well have them pay me  ;) 

I'll take off sub mode for now. Thank you all for the continued support.

@@mediabrute You are amazing. That is all

YESSSS!!

This is going to make me so much less productive at work.

Before regionals and worlds I knew other teams were watching my team's rebroadcasts to check out our starting strats and other tendencies that we make during games. If they were going to do that might as well have them pay me  ;) 

I'll take off sub mode for now. Thank you all for the continued support.

@@mediabrute You are amazing. That is all

Holy shit man, you didn't have to do that but it is greatly appreciated. Keep it up and you might become the first person I ever sub on twitch!

On the topic of picks/bans:

Higher seed can either get 1st choice, or choose team color (after maps are picked).

A Pick/Ban, B Pick/Ban, A Pick/Ban, etc. until the series is filled out.

My only reservation about this system is team "B" would be incentivised to pick the most unbalanced asymmetrical gametype available so that they can maximize their advantage /w color choice (I can already imagine a team picking Eden TS/Blue or Rig TS/Red every series).

I love how much time Ninja is dedicating to Halo. He has improved a lot since he used to play half of the time H1Z1 and half of the time Halo. I hope he decides to keep focusing on Halo, I can see him being a top player during the Pro League.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, I know they added coordinates. But mapped onto what? Without the actual map (not *what* map, but a way to put these coordinates on a map, miniaturized or not) they're just coordinates.

True but I'm sure if you mapped the data points you would see a basic idea of the map and could then match them over a map overhead. Hopefully there are overheads floating around somewhere.

You mean like these from the Prima guide?

Empire

Fathom

Arena: https://imgur.com/a/5FEoK

Warzone: https://imgur.com/a/NDDAB

Example

GZ3Ywpi.jpg?1

There are definitely overhead layouts of maps around. From that you should just have to match up and scale the reported coordinates accordingly to overlay on a map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

hysteria should be on a better team man, that really pisses me off.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will admit, it's hard not to like RNG for the players alone. 

Penguin: Up and comer, amazing skill, really good attitude, confident, not cocky.

Victory x: Championship veteran, good guy, down to earth, great attitude AND still kicking it. Dudes really good since his poor LAN performance at x-games (not regionals, that was my mistake I confused them)

Ninja: Well, just watch his streams, dude really cares about Halo and has the grind down. You reminds me of myself alot. My passion exceeded my mental game sometimes. He tries to hard to diffuse situations and worries about what others think but I think if he just focused on himself, he'll excel. 

Commonly: The best attitude in the scene along with some of the guys on CLG (snakebite, Lethul, etc). Class act, super smart, skilled, etc. Sky's the limit for him. Excited to see what he can do in a leadership role. 

If I had to pick ONE team to win other than EG, I'd love to see RNG win. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Am I the only one completely disinterested in implementing pick/ban? I'm willing to change my mind if there really are good reasons, but feel like it's unnecessary and should be pretty far down the list of concerns.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Am I the only one completely disinterested in implementing pick/ban? I'm willing to change my mind if there really are good reasons, but feel like it's unnecessary and should be pretty far down the list of concerns.

It's not necessary, obviously, but it would help add a little depth to the game since we don't have a lot of variation in gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it's critical for competitive integrity 

it doesn't allow one team to get stacked favorable game types in a series

this is also especially important in super short stupid ass Bo3's

edit: i am high, why do i keep thinking there are bo3's......

edit 2: cause of online qualifiers 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm with you. Certainly don't think it should be a priority. Personally think pick/ban is rather pointless but seems I'm in the minority on that.

The league would be so much more interesting if somehow 343/MS could lock down 8 esport organisations for halo. Then there could be a player draft. That way there is actual competition between teams that are not only somewhat even but also relatively static.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The real mvp of the forums right here folks.

Will put it in my sig when I get home from the gym.

Thanks again!

Appreciate it, but nope- the MVPs are the stat guys. They are the heroes we need, the heroes we (don't really) deserve. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Appreciate it, but nope- the MVPs are the stat guys. They are the heroes we need, the heroes we (don't really) deserve. 

Only the real MVP would say such a thing!

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Gives teams more power in the games they play.
  • Allows 'stylistic' teams to form e.g. Champs Denial being a Slayer heavy team.
  • Creates an interesting narrative for viewers to follow.
  • Concentrates the play onto maps that are great for both teams.

It's a very easy change if the Halo community decides it would prefer the above OVER what Halo has traditionally been in having to be good over all map/gametype combos.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's not necessary, obviously, but it would help add a little depth to the game since we don't have a lot of variation in gameplay.

Yeah it's not high on the list of priorities but it is something that should get looked at.  It might seem like a detail, but if you focus and polish enough of the details (once you have the "Big picture" stuff tip-top of course) you can create a really stellar experience.

It might get too hard to pull off if they add Assault and Oddball gametypes into the mix, which i hope they do, but only time will tell on that one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The league would be so much more interesting if somehow 343/MS could lock down 8 esport organisation's for halo. Then there could be a player draft. That way there is actual competition between teams that are not only somewhat even but also relatively static.

YES

The league would be so much more interesting if somehow 343/MS could lock down 8 esport organisation's for halo. Then there could be a player draft. That way there is actual competition between teams that are not only somewhat even but also relatively static.

this will never ever happen

Yeah it's not high on the list of priorities but it is something that should get looked at.  It might seem like a detail, but if you focus and polish enough of the details (once you have the "Big picture" stuff tip-top of course) you can create a really stellar experience.

It might get too hard to pull off if they add Assault and Oddball gametypes into the mix, which i hope they do, but only time will tell on that one.

Assault will be added. Oddball won't

• Allows 'stylistic' teams to form e.g. Champs Denial being a Slayer heavy team.

I don't like this at all. Teams have to be well rounded and it must remain essential that matches don't become heavily favorite to a particular gametype.

I have other feelings about why I don't really like the idea of pick/bans but, eh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Assault will be added. Oddball won't

Not gonna lie, not a fan of assault as it currently is being in the HCS. Two bomb would be a lot better imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

hysteria should be on a better team man, that really pisses me off.

I dont anticipate he'll get on a top team. The Pro League is going to be online and his connection is trash.