CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Never noticed Royal 2 playing any differently when Lethul joined. Pretty sure he doesn't need anyone to teach him how to play this game. 

Contra is an absolute stud. He has been highly overlooked since H2A. I'm not sure how good Dev is because I haven't seen enough of him but his shot is dirty and he played very well at the last two LANs. They may very well be hard to work with though. Then again, a lot of these guys are. 

He and the rest of CLG have played much faster than they did with 2gre. Difference has been pretty remarkable. Pretty much everyone recognizes this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A bit OT but

@@charas @@Bad Dub

Heatmaps please

not OT at all

holy shit this could be really really great, heat maps are 110% on the way

Special request from @@VinFTW

cc: @@Commonly

qg1Oqcq.png

wow you are a community saint

if you ever got the time would you making making a chosen squad userbar? that's my squad <3

look i even got a transparent png xM6rjSC.png

Ola and Mikwen would already make this my favorite current "team" by themselves, so I was elated when they grabbed Rayne after worlds, because he showed the fuck out all tourney.

To be honest, I didn't get the El Town tryout when they first did it, but they look really good and I'm not sure why.

Let's be clear: I'm not sure why because I clearly don't know much.

The only thing I can contribute to nV looking good with El Town is that with the other three players being Mikwen, Ola, and Rayne(fairly slayer heavy players) they would be helped out the most by a player who excels in selfless styled play. El Town is the Lethul of the team if you will. Someone who shows that they have the ability to slay well but takes the sort of support role by putting as much damage into the other team as possible while also allowing his teammates to be in better positions with power weapons. Even if it means he has to put himself into a spots where he most certainly will die. 

That's my take on it at least. 

Never noticed Royal 2 playing any differently when Lethul joined. Pretty sure he doesn't need anyone to teach him how to play this game. 

Changing play style when meshing together with a new teammate does not mean in any kind of way that said new teammate was "teaching" them anything, especially not with how you're wording it.

But, in doing what it takes to make the pieces fit, he learns something new and the team evolves through chemistry.

That's what great players do.  You make it seem like he was coming under some kind of tutelage instead of just growing as a player.

Special request from @@VinFTW

cc: @@Commonly

qg1Oqcq.png

The real mvp of the forums right here folks.

Will put it in my sig when I get home from the gym.

Thanks again!

I feel like he might have played the best out of anyone on RNG at Regionals and that was not the case on FB. (Ola was untouchable at the time, and FiS was probably playing the best Halo of his career).

Final Boss didn't place outside of the top 3 for the entirety of 2010 (5 LANs) and RNG didn't place top 3 once in 3 LANs. Playing the best on a much worse team (if he even played the best, which I don't think he did) isn't more impressive than being an integral part of a dominant team. To be fair, very few players, if any, ever played as well as Ola played at the end of Halo 3. Agreed on FiS going complete god mode, but Cam opened up so much for that team and was such a thorn in the other team's side that it opened up a lot for the rest of the guys. I remember him skirting around bottom mid on Onslaught while FiS and Ola peppered people from top mid. 

This potential Renegades squad is the most I have been excited for a squad in many many years. Since The Agency in the Reach days.

Victory: just a good guy, good player, great attitude, plays selfishly. Love to support the dude.

Penguin: Been watching this dude for awhile now, Since one of his first streams. I've known he was a sleeper talent for awhile. Just a solid young blood. Fun to watch and a nice guy.

Commonly: A great leader. I was super salty about him leaving RNG to EG, but it is nice to see him back home. (Potentially). But he is also a good guy, and fun to root for.

Ninja: I've had my differences with Ninja, mostly because of his playstyle, but I still root for the guy. I want him to prove so many people wrong. Hopefully the 17deathNinja back in the Cloud 9 days are behind him, and he can heed the advice of Victory and Commonly and bring out the full potential of this team.

If this becomes a squad, I can see them challenging CLG. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

He and the rest of CLG have played much faster than they did with 2gre. Difference has been pretty remarkable. Pretty much everyone recognizes this.

I don't see it as the rest of the team changing so much as Lethul just being a better player and thus making the game easier. You act like Snake Bite and Frosty were passive players before Lethul came in and magically altered their play styles. I remember watching CLG in their first couple of scrims when they added Frosty and still had Ogre and they played pretty damn fast. They just weren't nearly as good yet. Playing fast doesn't equal winning. 

minimaps where

They've added coordinates to kill data, so they can be mapped. That means we can get heatmaps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are also two of the best players in the game right now. Splitting from Contra and Dev is hardly a clear cut boon for Bubu and Huke. 

I never said it was "clear cut," but what you just said also doesn't disagree with my point.

They ARE two of the best players in the game, and other players aren't exactly jumping to team with them.

Also, I don't think it'd be a "positive" right now, but long term (and Bubu/Huke WILL be around)? I think it would certainly be good for them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They've added coordinates to kill data, so they can be mapped. That means we can get heatmaps.

No, I know they added coordinates. But mapped onto what? Without the actual map (not *what* map, but a way to put these coordinates on a map, miniaturized or not) they're just coordinates.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Before regionals and worlds I knew other teams were watching my team's rebroadcasts to check out our starting strats and other tendencies that we make during games. If they were going to do that might as well have them pay me   ;) 

I'll take off sub mode for now. Thank you all for the continued support.

As if we needed more of a reason to praise Good Guy Commonly.

Support the man. It's $5 bucks ;p

it add up if a lot of people do it and you want to watch a past broadcast here and there

@@Commonly you da man for removing it <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wonder if there's any plans for Bubu to run with NV.  

I'd like to see how that'd work out with Bubu and Ola on the same team for max levels of wizardry.  

Now I just want to touch back on the topic of map picks/bans.

Run me through an example of what you guys would like to be done. Honestly, I am down to test this out at EGLx Toronto if others are on board. Mind you it would probably take place in Champ bracket if I were to do it.

Do people like this idea or rather stick with traditional method of having pre selected maps?

This is not a bad idea....  The problem is that there are so many different ways to structure it.

1)  Whatever the series count is for maps, add 2 extra.  each team picks 1 to veto. higher seeded team picks first.  

This would not apply to a 3 game series.  

2) Same as above, but add 4 extra and let each team veto 2.

3) Don't allow a veto, but instead let the teams decide what game they want to play first out of a randomly selected pool.  Top seeded team gets the number 1 slot, lower seed gets the 2 slot.  from there it is random.

4) etc

5) etc

6) etc

That is the main problem, there are so many different possible iterations of this that finding the "Right" one would be difficult

Contra is an absolute stud. He has been highly overlooked since H2A. I'm not sure how good Dev is because I haven't seen enough of him but his shot is dirty and he played very well at the last two LANs. They may very well be hard to work with though. Then again, a lot of these guys are. 

highly overlooked by who? by other pros most certainly but not by most fans. The majority of people here have been praising him ever since he carried optic to a top 3 placing at G4G in H2A. When the squad of Heinz, APG, and Ola was proposed early on in H5 there were quite a few people that wanted contra to be the 4th. And remember at the time those three I first mentioned were seen as the core group of forming a potential god squad. So for people to want contra as the 4th goes to show how much people believed in his skill.   

He's only overlooked by pros and that seems to stem from them not being able to get past his personality for whatever reason rather than his skill as a player. Which is all really unfortunate because he's mad talented.    

First post from mobile, and i have accidentaly hit the add underneith twice already. Ok

I don't think putting a team together to just beat clg is something teams should be doing. The Milwake bucks beat the warriors but they are still bottom of the eastern conference in the NBA. GREAT teams win all the games they are supposed to before the finals, then win the finals. We kind of saw this with denial, they got beat by lots of teams but always put up a fight against CLG.

No, I know they added coordinates. But mapped onto what? Without the actual map (not *what* map, but a way to put these coordinates on a map, miniaturized or not) they're just coordinates.

True but I'm sure if you mapped the data points you would see a basic idea of the map and could then match them over a map overhead. Hopefully there are overheads floating around somewhere.

-snip-

If this becomes a squad, I can see them challenging CLG. 

such a likable team across the board, would be really easy to root for

• Upvote (+1) 2