CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If comparing to your worlds performance, I could see people thinking you had a bad regionals. Only because HWC might have featured the best iteration of VicX I've ever seen.

The man won three tournaments.  :wutface:

I don't understand the part about regionals.  What series are you referring to?  I played awful at X Games, yeah, but not at regionals IMO.  Just asking, because I have seen that mentioned previously on here.

The people who say you played bad at Regionals, have quit the forums, and are onto more illustrious careers

65f990d2jw1dya1s5bdazg.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'd rather Bubu get out on his own and grow somewhere away from two of the more toxic Halo pros. Huke being forced out has to be one of the best things to happen to him as well (even though it may suck in the moment)

They are also two of the best players in the game right now. Splitting from Contra and Dev is hardly a clear cut boon for Bubu and Huke. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

When youre trying to watch a rebroadcast of scrims last night and see a yung gawd like @@Commonly shine and the rebroadcasts are in sub mode only. 

giphy.gif

I noticed that the other day and was all  :wutface:

They are also two of the best players in the game right now. Splitting from Contra and Dev is hardly a clear cut boon for Bubu and Huke. 

Maybe on LAN. Also, Contra still has work to do on being too patient on certain gametypes like Truth CTF. And Predev prefers playing Smite to grinding.

People are teaming for an ONLINE Pro League. 

Denial + Penguin - Huke lost 5-8 to new nV. 

Ola, Mikwen, Rayne, El town

I'm gonna stop spamming the forums now bye

Edit: nv wins SH plaza 100-36 now up 3-0 against cratos, bubu, huke, shooter

Ola and Mikwen would already make this my favorite current "team" by themselves, so I was elated when they grabbed Rayne after worlds, because he showed the fuck out all tourney.

To be honest, I didn't get the El Town tryout when they first did it, but they look really good and I'm not sure why.

Let's be clear: I'm not sure why because I clearly don't know much.

Why not have volunteers from the community help out? I'm sure there would be people going to events/in the area willing to help, especially if its the only way to have FFA back.

Totally an option. I am not saying FFA is impossible, it's just not as convenient as other formats, which is why you don't see it as much.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Holy fuck just start the damn game already.

It probably took him longer to write the process than it would actually take in real time.

Also consider that each team will have their shit already picked out beforehand

The man won three tournaments.  :wutface:

I feel like he might have played the best out of anyone on RNG at Regionals and that was not the case on FB. (Ola was untouchable at the time, and FiS was probably playing the best Halo of his career).

Victory rarely makes mistakes, but at HWC he added "win every 1v1 I get in" to his repertoire. It might not be obvious, due to the unselfish nature of his playstyle, but he had as good a tournament as anyone, IMO.

I have learned on mobile, to pause for 3 seconds before clicking the forum I want otherwise it jumps up 1 when it loads the ad bar.

Actually, I surf Beyond so much I find my self pausing for 3 seconds on EVERY website I visit...thanks a lot @@Saucey

We have to slow down the memes somehow. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe on LAN. Also, Contra still has work to do on being too patient on certain gametypes like Truth CTF. And Predev prefers playing Smite to grinding.

If you've been paying attention to Contra since H2A you will know that is simply how he plays the game. Pair him with the right players and he will be one of the top slayers in the game. Team Randa was so deadly at times in H2A because Contra could play his style with plenty of space because he had crazy maniacs like Naded and Ryan running at the other team and flanking them silly. 

People are teaming for an ONLINE Pro League.

Are you telling me the finals wont be on LAN?

Denial + Penguin - Huke lost 5-8 to new nV.   

So? nV is a really good team and it was just a scrim of unconfirmed teams. Not surprising. Penguin and Contra on the same team makes no sense anyway. Redundancy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Implying there's a 5% chance he is joining CLG.  :lxthul:

nah, technically he isn't.

That 5% is the sum of the probability he joins CLG (~0%) and the probability rosters get all wobbly and he gets an offer for what he sees as a better lineup (~5%)

or..... he's just going to stick with RNG. Because why not?

If you've been paying attention to Contra since H2A you will know that is simply how he plays the game. Pair him with the right players and he will be one of the top slayers in the game. Team Randa was so deadly at times in H2A because Contra could play his style with plenty of space because he had crazy maniacs like Naded and Ryan running at the other team and flanking them silly. 

Are you telling me the finals wont be on LAN?

So? nV is a really good team and it was just a scrim of unconfirmed teams. Not surprising. Penguin and Contra on the same team makes no sense anyway. Redundancy.

Yeah, but that doesn't work as well in H5, especially in fast obj. gametypes like Truth CTF. Not saying he needs to change his whole style, but his decision-making still needs work. Even Royal 2 has changed his because of  :lxthul:

Pretty sure there's some $$ handed out for weekly online play, even if the finals or worlds are LAN. Someone correct me if I'm wrong - not familiar with Pro Leagues.

Just think you're slightly overrating Contra & Predev. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When youre trying to watch a rebroadcast of scrims last night and see a yung gawd like @@Commonly shine and the rebroadcasts are in sub mode only.

giphy.gif

Support the man. It's $5 bucks ;p
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja, Victory X, Commonly and Penguin beat EG last night and were looking really good throughout the whole series. Commonly was play calling really well and keeping Ninja's charges in check. Hope that squad is together for the pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love it. Reduces the chances of a team getting their best gametypes in a Final and causing a blow-out. How many gametypes do we have now? 13? 2 bans for each team would leave 9 gametypes for the finals. Then let teams have alternate picks on the 7/9 to have a 7-game finals. 

Though not sure how the picks would work, cause you could end up misbalancing the # of each gametype. 

You could set restrictions so that no more than two CTF or Strongholds games can be played in a single series leaving a 4-2-1 gametype split for every best-of-seven.

Yeah, but that doesn't work as well in H5, especially in fast obj. gametypes like Truth CTF. Not saying he needs to change his whole style, but his decision-making still needs work. Even Royal 2 has changed his because of  :lxthul:

Pretty sure there's some $$ handed out for weekly online play, even if the finals or worlds are LAN. Someone correct me if I'm wrong - not familiar with Pro Leagues.

Just think you're slightly overrating Contra & Predev. 

Never noticed Royal 2 playing any differently when Lethul joined. Pretty sure he doesn't need anyone to teach him how to play this game. 

Contra is an absolute stud. He has been highly overlooked since H2A. I'm not sure how good Dev is because I haven't seen enough of him but his shot is dirty and he played very well at the last two LANs. They may very well be hard to work with though. Then again, a lot of these guys are.