CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think there's a lot of exaggeration with EG right now. They are easily one player pickup from being a top team again. Makes you wonder what would have happened if Naded accepted. Could have been better or worse.

A preview of finals was just on tbs I think that's pretty awesome tbh! I only caught the last of it but caught a picture

You use a DXRacer as a TV Stand? What is life

• Upvote (+1) 5

Your entertainment center is top 1 NA :kappa:

Just moving so I haven't mounted it on the wall yet :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

WOO! Can't wait to watch what I think is the most important game for OpTic's future, their first round matchup vs Denial. Oh wait.... 
(yes I'm still upset)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think there's a lot of exaggeration with EG right now. They are easily one player pickup from being a top team again. Makes you wonder what would have happened if Naded accepted. Could have been better or worse.

Unfortunately, as I'm a big fan of the Roy/Box/Snipe trio, I don't think Naded over Suspector would have made much a difference. It's clear at this point that something needs to change with the core trio.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They just need to get better at H5. Practice more than they did. Nobody is going to do well playing catch up all season. They have to actually be there playing and staying ahead of everyone else that doesn't put in the work like CLG does. You can say that about every single team that finished 5th through 8th this season. All of them missed a lot of practice for one reason or another. Halo 5 is really weird. I personally can't even stop playing for a week without my shot and everything else being awful and I've heard a lot of other people including pro players say the same thing. You have to play this game and keep playing. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Unfortunately, as I'm a big fan of the Roy/Box/Snipe trio, I don't think Naded over Suspector would have made much a difference. It's clear at this point that something needs to change with the core trio.

completely disagree. Naded would have played a lot more and practice wouldnt have been an issue. Suspector really was the problem there.

Plus playstyles while, Naded being so aggressively focused on obj woudl help their style of play more.

That being said, Naded was never offered to team with them. Like he said, Optic and 2gre were the only options available to him

• Downvote (-1) 4

completely disagree. Naded would have played a lot more and practice wouldnt have been an issue. Suspector really was the problem there.

Plus playstyles while, Naded being so aggressively focused on obj woudl help their style of play more.

That being said, Naded was never offered to team with them. Like he said, Optic and 2gre were the only options available to him

Commonly Suspector is the problem as of 30JUL16 04:53 EST

• Upvote (+1) 1

The relegation aren't even being run in tandem, they're at separate times, and Timo claimed they'd have to wake up at an "excessively early hour." They're waking up to play at 10:00 AM anyway, their matches just aren't being streamed. 

"Excessively early hour" 

Laughing-Meme-Gif-13.gif

Not to sound overly douche-y but that's a pretty lazy and shitty attitude from their staff LOL clearly tells me that these are the kind of people that don't know what it takes / don't "get it" to "make it work" in a professional setting. The kind of people who are really working just to be there and dip out for vacations and expect someone else to pick up the work or just leave it on the desk. Haha GFY if you need to work a 24-36 hour bender you make it work ... it's a gaming event lasting for two days in sweet sunny ass CA. People pull these shifts in industries they don't even give a fuck about and their work quality is still top-notch (which you'd hope some of these people here AT LEAST should be already in this job because they're passionate about Halo / eSports yeah?).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching @@Towey's videos (which are really good)  just makes it seems like Suspector is kinda disconnected from the rest of the EG squad... and he also made no big plays this season, he kinda fell off. He is not the problem though all of EG are the problem at this point.

I'm excited for this weekend. I'll say there is no chance Liquid is going to be relegated, Optic though has it rough.  The Finals results will probably look like the ProLeague standings IMO 

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Excessively early hour"

Laughing-Meme-Gif-13.gif

Not to sound overly douche-y but that's a pretty lazy and shitty attitude from their staff LOL clearly tells me that these are the kind of people that don't know what it takes / don't "get it" to "make it work" in a professional setting. The kind of people who are really working just to be there and dip out for vacations and expect someone else to pick up the work or just leave it on the desk. Haha GFY if you need to work a 24-36 hour bender you make it work ... it's a gaming event lasting for two days in sweet sunny ass CA. People pull these shifts in industries they don't even give a fuck about and their work quality is still top-notch (which you'd hope some of these people here AT LEAST should be already in this job because they're passionate about Halo / eSports yeah?).

The esports employee union member handbook clearly states that cannot and will not work more than 40 hours a week.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

When does the stream start?

I believe it starts at 12:00PM PST

Yea but Randa's periscope of Liquid vs eLevate should be at 10am PST

Unfortunately I'm going to miss today's first round matches, best of luck to all the teams involved.

If its 12 pst then its in 4.5 hours. GG to EU fans.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unfortunately I'm going to miss today's first round matches, best of luck to all the teams involved.

Isn't everybody though? :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 8

If its 12 pst then its in 4.5 hours. GG to EU fans.

Thank you so so much. Yes, I am quite aware that I will be watching the re-broadcast here in the Central European time-zone. 

As for EG, man... I dunno. They all clearly want to be good, because H5 has great pay-outs, and because they're competitive people, but I just don't see that team as it's currently constructed fixing their issues. I don't see a Liquid-type resurgence with that current roster. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong, but I seriously doubt it. Maybe they pick up a new 4th and it all works out, but there are deeper issues with in-game chemistry between the "core-3" that are much more pressing at the moment. 

TBH, it's quite clear to anyone that has watched HCS this season that EG may be one of the best teams "on paper", but there are clearly some sort of barriers preventing them from reaching their potential/ regaining former glory. 

EG has a few directions they can go with their roster: First- they could blow it up; Second, they keep the core 3 and pick up a new 4th; Third, they stick with the current roster. I don't see them going with the first or third option, so from my perspective I see them waiting out the finals and assessing their FA options. Unfortunately for Suspector, he will probably be the odd-man out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1