CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Here's the thing man... we've BEEN OVER THIS.

Possibly thanks to you, everyone on this forum knows there's a contingent of people that believes radar is literally the embodiment of the Antichrist and that Halo 5 is the worst game ever because of it. Cool. There are certainly valid arguments against radar in competitive play. WE KNOW.

On the other hand, there's a slightly more moderate group that doesn't think radar is so awful in this game but also acknowledges that hey, maybe full-on radar isn't the best thing for competitive and we should consider spartan-ability-only radar. Most pros and people that play this game a lot whose opinions I respect seem to feel this way, including myself.

In before someone tells me to stick to memes. :kappa:

If you're really trying to say that people who dislike radar in a competitive playlist are unreasonable zealots then maybe you should stick to memes
  • Upvote (+1) 2

This Renegades roster is only one member off from my hypothetical "If you could build a roster to take down CLG who would it be?" roster.  (With the restriction of "You can't use any Liquid members" and assuming current EG was sticking together.)

And the one person that differs, I've said is basically the same person as the other, even down to their name.

I don't think last night's RNG 8-5 over EG is going to be a one-time occurrence, unless EG rapidly improve and catch up.  We've got a new Silver Medalist. :)

(And I think they'll beat CLG in the first scrim those two face off, simply due to rust.)

I've been trying to catchup with you people in this thread, but you guys keep posting and posting and now I am like 60 pages behind. Goddammit! Haha xD I love this! Never change Beyond! :D

Do you guys think we can make this the highest repped post in Beyond history before he catches up?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thanks for the responses about FFA.  Didn't realize it was that much of a cluster fuck to run from a organizers perspective.  I still think they could do some cool stuff with it, just maybe have a smaller size to start and then go from there?  I just feel like it was a big thing that separated Halo from the other FPS' and bringing it back would help distinguish it I think. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

This Renegades roster is only one member off from my hypothetical "If you could build a roster to take down CLG who would it be?" roster. (With the restriction of "You can't use any Liquid members" and assuming current EG was sticking together.)

And the one person that differs, I've said is basically the same person as the other, even down to their name.

I don't think last night's RNG 8-5 over EG is going to be a one-time occurrence, unless EG rapidly improve and catch up. We've got a new Silver Medalist. :)

(And I think they'll beat CLG in the first scrim those two face off, simply due to rust.)

Really gonna call this squad the new silver medalists after one scrim? Lol
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do you guys think we can make this the highest repped post in Beyond history before he catches up?

Nope.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This Renegades roster is only one member off from my hypothetical "If you could build a roster to take down CLG who would it be?" roster.

You and Vin had the same idea.

Also it's cool how there was a Deadliest warrior episode in Spiketv years ago pitting a Spartan vs. A Ninja. Spartan won that one.

Usually double elimination shouldn't take much more time to run, but people do like to dispute.

FFA is actually a huge undertaking to run, you can't trust players to host their own lobbies and invite everyone in their group, you could auto assign who hosts but what if that player doesn't show up? Then you have a mess.

To run an 128 player FFA event you need 8-16 staff members on hand to host every lobby and invite players to every round.

Isn't impossible but it takes way more time and resources than any other format I can think of.

And no one can do it better than :beyond::simms:

Related to the FB-CLG comparisons, wasn't there a time in Halo 2 when no one would scrim FB before tournaments because they were just too good and no one wanted to let them get good practice in? Or was it only Carbon who wouldn't scrim them? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Point is, I wonder if similar situations will ever play out in H5 where teams avoid scrimming CLG (not like it would matter IMO).

Also, 200 pages in like 11 days? This thread is awesome.

Anyone else wish this forum had an app? A boy can dream

I have learned on mobile, to pause for 3 seconds before clicking the forum I want otherwise it jumps up 1 when it loads the ad bar.

Actually, I surf Beyond so much I find my self pausing for 3 seconds on EVERY website I visit...thanks a lot @@Saucey

• Upvote (+1) 8

These forums are a pretty cool dynamic between fans and the pro players. Its cool that you can say that a player played like sht during a tournament, and then the pro can get on here and ask you for specific examples. Its something you can't do w other pro sports. Tom Brady isn't responding to FootballDude27's critical forum posts very regularly.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I have learned on mobile, to pause for 3 seconds before clicking the forum I want otherwise it jumps up 1 when it loads the ad bar.

Actually, I surf Beyond so much I find my self pausing for 3 seconds on EVERY website I visit...thanks a lot @@Saucey

Those few seconds feel so long too.

• Upvote (+1) 1