CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Does the fact that Activision (sp?) own MLG and Call of Duty factor into why they weren't really given a chance to run pro league?

I doubt it. MLG doesn't do leagues

Geez...slipped my mind how good Snip3down and Neighbor used to be till I watched that Best of H3 video...

I will say this, the guys over at Gears eSports with MLG have been killing it. Weird how both IP's are owned by Microsoft

gears tweetz

Really try and support them with the big breaks between the HCS matches, excited for them getting another chance to grow again.

This is such a bummer as a Halo fan. Should be us.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is such a bummer as a Halo fan. Should be us.

heres-what-the-why-dont-we-have-both-gir

It is great to see gears getting another chance.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, Gears has been killing it.

Already doing a better job in some aspects of eSports than 343 has been. 

You can't buy passion.

I will say this, I've been in touch with the Gears eSports team more in the last year than the HCS team (for me personally). Jack Felling and the team at Gears eSports have done a fantastic job in the last year. I really hope the community there can grow with the release of Gears 4 this Fall.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You can't buy passion.

I will say this, I've been in touch with the Gears eSports team more in the last year than the HCS team (for me personally). Jack Felling and the team at Gears eSports have done a fantastic job in the last year. I really hope the community there can grow with the release of Gears 4 this Fall.

How's viewership for GoW events?

I watched some tidbits of the first UE tournaments but never kept up with it.

How's viewership for GoW events?

I watched some tidbits of the first UE tournaments but never kept up with it.

Believe I saw 3-5k last time, for whatever reason though I swear Gears and Halo are always on the same weekend. So I don't get to watch as much as I would love to.

Believe I saw 3-5k last time, for whatever reason though I swear Gears and Halo are always on the same weekend. So I don't get to watch as much as I would love to.

Pretty good, tbh. 

Hopefully a main game will help it grow.

I'd love to see Gears be a good sized e-sport. It would benefit Halo as well (because both are on the same console and are first party titles) and hopefully convince 343 to go to MLG. Our first love. 

"Cratos didn't place t24 until Radar got put in"

Since lethul said this...

"But seriously pretty much every reason I've seen for radar being bad is just wrong. It's just the generic trash that you want to believe. Sure sometimes a guy crouches and kills you. This games maps are extremely elevation based uike other halos."

...I can only assume he's giving Cratos credit for succeeding in settings that are optimized for competitiveness :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why can't they at least stream the relegation matches even if theres nobody casting? MLG did this all the time on fridays.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why can't they at least stream the relegation matches even if theres nobody casting? MLG did this all the time on fridays.

Because CLG has to warmup on mainstage.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Find people to play with, make some friends online. Or go in knowing you will try to do everything in your power to win and be okay with the end result. It's honestly not all that bad at the mid-high onyx level. Everyone knows how to play the game for the most part. I actually enjoy solo searching you just have to not rage and accept that your team is not perfect

Yeah I have gotten to 1900 Onyx, and I will say it does get much harder to solo after 1800. But you can play 1500-1800 pretty easily solo.

But you guys (and me) just need to realize that of course it is going to be hard to solo in a TEAM playlist. Could you solo queue to a 50 in H2-3?

• Upvote (+1) 1

"...For me, eSports is a community driven passion. Without community it wouldn't be eSports..." - Che

He talks a lot about community and it's importance. Would be cool for him to at least interact on here or maybe even follow Beyond on twitter. Would be nice to interact with the largest competitive Halo community hub as the Director of Halo Esports and Community at 343.

I know I might be reaching, but after that video I'm somewhat confused.

Che's completely disconnected from the community and has no business being involved with Halo esports, or any esport in general. The guys so sensitive he blocked me on twitter after I told him how ridiculous it was that the global championship didn't get announced till so late(completely aware it wasn't all on him).

• Upvote (+1) 1

"...For me, eSports is a community driven passion. Without community it wouldn't be eSports..." - Che

He talks a lot about community and it's importance. Would be cool for him to at least interact on here or maybe even follow Beyond on twitter. Would be nice to interact with the largest competitive Halo community hub as the Director of Halo Esports and Community at 343.

I know I might be reaching, but after that video I'm somewhat confused.

The guy is just somebody doing a job he isn't prepared to do but doesn't want to leave. He's able to do this by saying the right things to the right people.

• Upvote (+1) 2