CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But they aren't.

They have said in the past that Halo 5 would be their last Halo game to play competitively. Since there appears to be more seasons coming up they are still playing. Only the community has said retirement because of their life commitments and lack of practice this season.

At this point they're just in it for the love of the game and want to ride into the sunset gracefully. RoyBox are undoubtedly top 10 all time Halo players but there's just no way that they will place 1st in any major Halo 5 event with all of the talent that's out there in the scene

Not true at all. Huke is miles better than he was at worlds

Fair enough. However, I've heard from Cratos, his teammate, that Huke is shining so brightly on e6 because he has players to support him now.

okkkkkkkkkkayyyyyyyyyyyyy 'yonders, who's ready for some Friday hype?

Copped myself a fresh Premium title, and the dot has never felt... er, fresher.  I mean look at that thing!! wooowheeeee

ANYWAYS.  Been lurking in the murk as per usual this week and I've been torn between wanting to smash my face through my desk (let's call that the ESL halo effect) and being over HYPED for this weekend.  I mean, yo, WE HAVE A LAN (read: online event where people sit next to each other) THIS WEEKEND! LETSSSS GOOOOO

After watching part of the PIT, gotta call my boy @@Cratos out for a second because this weekend is not for casuals.  I mean, what?  IT'S FOR US YO.  JohnnyBGood2008 didn't start watching competitive halo b/c they gave him a spray-n-pray toy, or that cute little radar (read: noob widget)  JohnnyBGood2008 started watching halo b/c he knew that (*Simms voice*) This. Is. Halo.  Competitive halo is us, and once you accept that... well there's no turning back my friends.  Been up and down on this roller coaster for almost a decade so I've learned to deal with it all. Now I live and die with my kin, the diehard halo fans who set up shop to watch 12 hours of halo on a Saturday.  The people who are genuinely upset when one of their passions is mishandled.  The 'yonders who aren't afraid to Meme anything.  (shit, I mean anything. seriously, sometimes this site.. :intensifies: )

I digress, gents I've been around since day one and I'm not going anywhere.  So grab your Doritos, stock up that code-Red and kick your feet up.  This ish about to get heavy.

-jdot Out

p.s. @@Cratos all love my guy, I see exactly where you were coming from with your points.  It just conveniently added to my hype fire so I had to chuck some wood on that bad boy, feelz meh?  

This is the best 1st post from anyone I have ever seen

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just want Formal back to see the old Ambush roster of Snipedown, Pistola, Heinz, and Formal. I hated them back then but I think they could challenge CLG today and I'd love to witness it. Obviously Formal is long gone though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

wait a sec how do i even post this gif here it isnt working

imagine some cute anime gif right about here

Hmm, don't you just click the little image button right under the smiley box in the quick reply box? You should just be able to link it there

unless its a gifv link i think

I just want Formal back to see the old Ambush roster of Snipedown, Pistola, Heinz, and Formal. I hated them back then but I think they could challenge CLG today and I'd love to witness it. Obviously Formal is long gone though.

If Formal places T8 at Champs, then I could see him chasing Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Unless I missed something, Roybox not retiring =/= Roybox staying on EG.  They may still be dropped from the team or leave of their own accord, right?

This is the best 1st post from anyone I have ever seen

Happy to support the work you all do here.  Disappointed in myself it took me so long to go premium, been with the squad since THC days..  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fair enough. However, I've heard from Cratos, his teammate, that Huke is shining so brightly on e6 because he has players to support him now.

Yea I would say the same thing if Huke was carrying me  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Happy to support the work you all do here.  Disappointed in myself it took me so long to go premium, been with the squad since THC days..  

gK61g_s-200x150.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's gotten to the point where I upvote your posts and then read them. It might get me in trouble one day, but for now, it's working out okay.

I also assign Macho Man Randy Savage's voice to the entire thing, so that helps. Maybe I'll roll with Mr. T next time.

This has officially received the Jdot stamp of approval.  May your hype levels never fade sir.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Which means they'd drop Svspector. I'd like to see Naded come to EG. 

What EG needs to do is fucking practice.  Keep the same squad, and practice.  If that means that the twins go straight home after work so they dont have to travel to the EG house, then so be it.  More practice on more rest > less practice, playing in the same house.

At this point they're just in it for the love of the game and want to ride into the sunset gracefully. RoyBox are undoubtedly top 10 all time Halo players but there's just no way that they will place 1st in any major Halo 5 event with all of the talent that's out there in the scene

They could if,  well see above ^^

Yeah except this has been true for numerous players throughout competitive halo. Hell you even see it on CLG sometimes when Royal 2 is going off and Snakebite and crew are supporting him. 

Contra and Devon NEVER played that same supportive style that Shooter and Cratos play. 

At least they're consistent :lxthul:

Wonder if it's going to get to the point where fans and pros get so upset with ESL that 343i is forced to abandon their partnership with them...

the diehard halo fans who set up shop to watch 12 hours of halo on a Saturday.

Thanks for making me feel like even more of a piece of shit now  :mj:

Wonder if it's going to get to the point where fans and pros get so upset with ESL that 343i is forced to abandon their partnership with them...

Kinda like how they decided to stream the first round of relegations after the backlash from pros and fans. Oh wait...  :kappa:

In all seriousness, I doubt 343i gives a shit about fan/pro opinion on ESL as long as there are no scandals and money is flowing.

CLG to lose to Cratos on LAN? Stranger Things have happened.

i2ZPHi3.jpg

I visit Neogaf too.

No but seriously these are the kind of memes I expect from this thread. So good.

I disagree with Cratos. I MISS weekends of straight Halo.

Although I will admit sometimes I skipped Friday FFA's and 1v1's  :lxthul:

I disagree with Cratos. I MISS weekends of straight Halo.

Although I will admit sometimes I skipped Friday FFA's and 1v1's  :lxthul:

We need more 4 day events like MLG Philly 05.  :simms:

@

• Upvote (+1) 2