CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I never said make the whole league LAN lol

The point of the league should be for seeding the big LAN at the end. Better you do the easier the LAN will be for you.

LAN should always be the emphasis

I think the whole pro league should be on LAN. Would make it a lot more fun to watch and the production value would be insanely better. Won't happen because our devs, understandably,  don't wanna risk the money.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think the whole pro league should be on LAN. Would make it a lot more fun to watch and the production value would be insanely better. Won't happen because our devs, understandably,  don't wanna risk the money.

This would also pretty much force teams to get a team house or players to move relatively close to where the games will be played. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This would also pretty much force teams to get a team house or players to move relatively close to where the games will be played. 

Nothing wrong with that if there is enough money in it.

Nothing wrong with that if there is enough money in it.

Yeah unfortunately it seems like halo is not even close to having enough money in it for ESL, the orgs, or the players to commit to a LAN pro league.

I was mainly trying to say that you can't blame just the developers for it not being possible. I think there would definitely be orgs that aren't willing to commit to a team house, and players who don't want to move out for whatever reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FYI if you want to be included in fantasy for the NA finals you have to make a new team or join a new league

old teams/leagues aren't eligible for this weekend

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this not EXACTLY what they did? If anything they made seeding even more important by leaving 5-6 out of the LAN. That way teams like ALG who aren't willing to grind and scrim consistently can't just cruise through the regular season and then show up at the LAN.

No that's not what they did at all.

They used it to seed LAN for just 4 teams and decided that online results were a good enough indication for two teams skill/potential. Denial was the same way before Worlds and they were one of the best LAN teams.

This is just another thing the CWL does right.

12 team league

8 go to LAN playoffs

4 go to relegation

In halo we have two teams just sitting around jerking off and getting no LAN representation for the org.

I guess it's a good thing though.

6 teams instead of 4 might force ESL to make it a week long tourney and still miss some matches :/

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah unfortunately it seems like halo is not even close to having enough money in it for ESL, the orgs, or the players to commit to a LAN pro league.

I was mainly trying to say that you can't blame just the developers for it not being possible. I think there would definitely be orgs that aren't willing to commit to a team house, and players who don't want to move out for whatever reasons.

Wouldn't be the orgs that won't want to get a teamhouse because they all do it for league. Would probably be Halo players who don't see it as their full time job

they all do it for league

Which is about 1000 times more popular than halo and actually makes the orgs money to justify paying for a team house.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which is about 1000 times more popular than halo and actually makes the orgs money to justify paying for a team house.

Unfortunately this is true :/

Maybe someday though fam

The point of the league should be for seeding the big LAN at the end. Better you do the easier the LAN will be for you.

No that's not what they did at all.

They used it to seed LAN for just 4 teams and decided that online results were a good enough indication for two teams skill/potential.

In halo we have two teams just sitting around jerking off and getting no LAN representation for the org.

It is what they did. They used the seeding from pro league for the LAN lol. You just think that the seeding should be for 6 teams instead of 4. 

Players knew that online results were what mattered. You can make arguments for either side, but at the end of the day the teams who didn't make it only have themselves to blame. 

For the record, I wish the top 6 teams were at finals. I just think the 1st and 2nd teams should get a first round bye. I can also see why they  formatted finals the way they did since they intended for it to be all played in one day.

Been out for most of the day, so I'm guessing no schedule / payout yet?

It is what they did. They used the seeding from pro league for the LAN lol. You just think that the seeding should be for 6 teams instead of 4.

Players knew that online results were what mattered. You can make arguments for either side, but at the end of the day the teams who didn't make it only have themselves to blame.

I'll stick to blaming ESL/343 for decided two teams sitting around on their asses was a good idea. Especially when these teams have orgs to represent.

If it weren't for team skins, I'd say 343 is doing a pretty poor job of giving orgs an incentive for picking up Halo teams.

Even then, the EG skins are absolute trash.

Been out for most of the day, so I'm guessing no schedule / payout yet?

Come on now bruh, which eSport do you think this is? :lxthul:

I'll stick to blaming ESL/343 for decided two teams sitting around on their asses was a good idea. Especially when these teams have orgs to represent.

Yeah I really think part of it comes down to them knowing that they could only have finals on one day (obviously this has changed now), so they thought a 6 team LAN would be too time consuming. I'm with you and couldn't disagree more. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if c9 plan on scrimming CLG one last time before finals even though they play in the first round. I know how fatiguing a full scrim against them can be for @@Commonly and the rest of c9, but I think it would be good for them to scrim again before the LAN

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since we were on predictions while I was making my way through GoT (season 3 don't spoil me plz) I come to bring my highly esteemed predictions. 

Highly Esteemed. 

Highly. 

1) nV

2) CLG

3) E6

4) C9

Teams making it into Pro league?

TL and OG. 

ALG cost themselves a spot in the finals by literally never scrimming consistently.

You mean a team with Contra and Devon didn't practice enough? You don't say..  :holmes:

Its unfortunate because they're both individually very good, but we have heard plenty about their unwillingness to practice more since the Denial days.

Edit: Also  

lGHvxSh.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

You mean a team with Contra and Devon didn't practice enough? You don't say..  :holmes:

Its unfortunate because they're both individually very good, but we have heard plenty about their unwillingness to practice more since the Denial days.

You can't overly fault them though.

Destin in H3/Reach was notorious for holding teams back from practicing, or from not being around for practice much himself.  But when it came to LAN performances, he always showed up when it mattered.

Contra and Devon are similar in that regard.

• Downvote (-1) 2

You can't overly fault them though.

Destin in H3/Reach was notorious for holding teams back from practicing, or from not being around for practice much himself.  But when it came to LAN performances, he always showed up when it mattered.

Contra and Devon are similar in that regard.

Like I said, they're very individually skilled. However, their lack of practice with the rest of the team will hold the entire team back.  You can't carry individually in H5 as much as past Halos.  It is more about practice and teamwork.

To be fair, you're record against teams NOT at top 4 finals are:

3-4 EG

4-5 ALG

4-3 Liquid

I don't think it's as cut and dry as just making finals means top 4 and I can KINDA maybe see how someone could think otherwise.

Matchups are crazy and if ALG and EG were allowed to play (starting in LB) I could see them making some upsets.

Not sure why this was downvoted... It's a pretty logical argument supported by facts. 4-6 was pretty damn fluid. I think C9 is a top 4 team with hiw they were playing at the end but the argument could be made othetwise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey everybody, after taking a few weeks off The Pit is back this week with a crazy pre-finals episode. Audley and I sat down with 7 pros from 7 of the top 8 teams to get their takes on the first season of HCS Pro League and the tournament coming up this weekend.

We are going to stream the show tomorrow night at 7PM EST on Audley's twitch channel - https://www.twitch.tv/tiberiusaudley

If you can't watch it then, the whole thing will be posted to my youtube channel immediately after it is done airing.

There are four segments in total each lasting around 30 minutes. The first is with Snakebite, the second with Ace and Spartan, the third with Roy and Ryanoob and we end with Cratos and eL Town. 

I hope you guys all tune in and enjoy the show, I just want to thank everyone who was involved once again for lending their time in order to make this happen. 

Have to push the start time back to 7:30PM. Video rendering has literally taken all day. See you guys then. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Since we were on predictions while I was making my way through GoT (season 3 don't spoil me plz) I come to bring my highly esteemed predictions. 

Highly Esteemed. 

Highly. 

1) nV

2) CLG

3) E6

4) C9

Teams making it into Pro league?

TL and OG. 

I agree with the teams getting back/staying in pro league but I can't see CLG not winning it. I'm guessing E6 for second but can't decide on the 3rd and 4th spots. Don't get me wrong it depends on who shows up on the day but when all the teams are at their best CLG is by far the best and E6 tops nV and C9 (as good as they are when they perform).