CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If we were a top 6 team we wouldn't be at finals. sorry bro. 

To be fair, you're record against teams NOT at top 4 finals are:

3-4 EG

4-5 ALG

4-3 Liquid

I don't think it's as cut and dry as just making finals means top 4 and I can KINDA maybe see how someone could think otherwise. 

Matchups are crazy and if ALG and EG were allowed to play (starting in LB) I could see them making some upsets. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's my opinion and my prediction. I think you guys are a top 6 team but not a top 4. Chill, man.

interesting

if c9 doesn't belong, then which of the teams that wasn't able to make top 4 in the real world should be in the top 4 in your fantasy world?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I seriously can't believe there are people who think C9 can possibly win this finals.

I don't even think they deserve their 4th place (ALG does). They are going to be the first team eliminated.

Woah bold prediction with your last sentence since they are playing against CLG first.  :walshy:

Woah bold prediction with your last sentence since they are playing against CLG first.  :walshy:

its double elim, I can absolutely see C9 making a LB run (it'll be hard though)

• Downvote (-1) 1

its double elim, I can absolutely see C9 making a LB run (it'll be hard though)

aw shit forgot it is double elim. Ninja was always someone who really got heated in LB runs.

It seems kind of tough to argue the seeds at this point, doesn't it? I get we all have our opinions, but these seeds are based on a season long series of games where every team played every other team, twice. C9 had the 4th best record at the end of the season, therefore......well you get it.

It's not like these seeds were just picked from a table of experts with varying opinions like college football or something. The season of games eliminates pretty much all of these variables.

aw shit forgot it is double elim. Ninja was always someone who really got heated in LB runs.

It'll be very interesting.

C9 is the biggest wildcard. They could win, or get destroyed. I'm excited to see what Hamy can do with the squad. After all, he's the only non CLG member at finals to win a LAN in halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It seems kind of tough to argue the seeds at this point, doesn't it? I get we all have our opinions, but these seeds are based on a season long series of games where every team played every other team, twice. C9 had the 4th best record at the end of the season, therefore......well you get it.

It's not like these seeds were just picked from a table of experts with varying opinions like college football or something. The season of games eliminates pretty much all of these variables.

I'm with this thought process, it doesn't matter how they've performed in the past if the aggregate placements got you to the finals. Do I think Cloud 9 is going to take it? No, but I won't go full out and say they don't deserve to be there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait, how do we not deserve it?

Obviously you guys didn't deserve to perform better than the bottom 4 teams during the season.

I mean, we can all support our favorite teams and all, but at the end of the day, there is one thing that is absolute: their record.

This is a conversation that spans all sports, "Did they deserve to win even though they weren't the best team?"

Yes. You play who's on your schedule and wins and losses are exactly that. Nobody deserves to be here except the top four teams as per their record. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Guys. Our team lost matches that we needed to win in order to make it. We didn't do that.

We don't deserve to be at Finals, otherwise we would be there.

Renegades/Cloud 9 did what they needed to do, and they deserve their spot.

• Upvote (+1) 8

To be fair, you're record against teams NOT at top 4 finals are:

3-4 EG

4-5 ALG

4-3 Liquid

I don't think it's as cut and dry as just making finals means top 4 and I can KINDA maybe see how someone could think otherwise.

Matchups are crazy and if ALG and EG were allowed to play (starting in LB) I could see them making some upsets.

Rng legit earned their spot and it should not be doubted. All the league teams are capable of getting in the finals but the bottom 4 failed. Alg might have had a strong finish, but they had a weak start. Eg might be able of doing an upset on lan but tell my why should they deserve the chance. Wins and looses dont tell the whole story but it's all that ultimately matters. All the placings are deserved.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Guys. Our team lost matches that we needed to win in order to make it. We didn't do that.

We don't deserve to be at Finals, otherwise we would be there.

Renegades/Cloud 9 did what they needed to do, and they deserve their spot.

Practice also helps

C9 split series with every team except CLG (0-2) and Optic (2-0) not sure how you can say they don't belong. Yeah they weren't amazing but they definitely deserve to be top 4.

C9 split series with every team except CLG (0-2) and Optic (2-0) not sure how you can say they don't belong. Yeah they weren't amazing but they definitely deserve to be top 4.

It's really just a product of having two teams sit around doing nothing when they could have easily competed from the losers bracket.

I think on any given day EG, ALG, LIQ, and C9 can trade series.

Shame we won't get to see that.

Hopefully this is fixed for future pro leagues because having players like the guys on EG and the LAN gods contra and dev NOT at a LAN is a fucking travesty.

We put waaaay too much emphasis on online results.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hopefully this is fixed for future pro leagues because having players like the guys on EG and the LAN gods contra and dev NOT at a LAN is a fucking travesty.

We put waaaay too much emphasis on online results.

It's their own fault. They didn't put in the time and practice like the top 4 teams did. Obviously online is the emphasis when the entire league is online. Halo isn't nearly popular enough for the entire league to be played on LAN. It would be such a loss and it will never happen with the viewership like it is. That being said, each player knew this and ALG and EG didn't put in the time and couldn't get it done when it counted.

Putting them into the loser's bracket also hurts a team like c9's chances who is likely going straight there. If you're going to let them in the LAN, give 1st and 2nd seed a bye and play it out from there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's their own fault. They didn't put in the time and practice like the top 4 teams did. Obviously online is the emphasis when the entire league is online. Halo isn't nearly popular enough for the entire league to be played on LAN. It would be such a loss and it will never happen with the viewership like it is. That being said, each player knew this and ALG and EG didn't put in the time and couldn't get it done when it counted.

Putting them into the loser's bracket also hurts a team like c9's chances who is likely going straight there. If you're going to let them in the LAN, give 1st and 2nd seed a bye and play it out from there.

I never said make the whole league LAN lol

The point of the league should be for seeding the big LAN at the end. Better you do the easier the LAN will be for you.

LAN should always be the emphasis

I never said make the whole league LAN lol

The point of the league should be for seeding the big LAN at the end. Better you do the easier the LAN will be for you.

LAN should always be the emphasis

Is this not EXACTLY what they did? If anything they made seeding even more important by leaving 5-6 out of the LAN. That way teams like ALG who aren't willing to grind and scrim consistently can't just cruise through the regular season and then show up at the LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1