CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

this is getting negged here? What is this r/halo :kappa:

It's pathetic that on WAYPOINT the largest, most active thread is about sprint and the future of Halo but here, on what is supposed to be the center for comp Halo people just bury their heads in the sand.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Playing solo arena makes me want to quit playing Halo. How hard is it for 343 to implement a H3-style of MM? Seriously, I can't believe they haven't even took notice of this. Their bs of search preference doesn't even do it's job right and ranks are broken. 

/end of rant. Sorry guys just needed to vent. 

I know people on here don't agree with me, but I play solo Arena all the time and it isn't that bad. I'm not quite a champ though so maybe that is why?

But I still always call out, even if people aren't calling out or talking back. A lot of the time about 1/4 of the way through the game people who were previously silent will join me.

Also if someone has a mic and is cool I will add them. I have been doing this for long enough now that I rarely get on without getting a party or game invite. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'd like to see them advertise their pro league before their cakes.

Fair point

I thought I saw Xbox tweet out something for the EU finals, have they done anything for NA yet?

People all mad about series not being streamed and I'm over here playing classic no sprint settings being pissed that all the series are using inferior comp settings.

A bit rich when CS is using BR-starts and there is a perfectly viable 4sk pistol option that barely changes anything else. Makes me think the CS movement is more about familiarity than actually making the best possible settings. Also, to address the parallels that keep getting drawn to Reach: Sprint is insanely nerfed comparatively, and is tied to almost every bit of movement skill in this game either directly or through slide. It also causes much fewer problems with the faster kill times of H5, and would be even less of a problem with a 4sk pistol.

Back to the topic of this thread: Can we get a Go Fund Me to get all the relegation players one of these?

looxcie-hd-explore,1-J-353863-1.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

Fair point

I thought I saw Xbox tweet out something for the EU finals, have they done anything for NA yet?

I'm not sure, they may have tweeted something about purchasing tickets to attend live earlier in the week. I think part of the problem too is that their announcements and advertising all seems very rushed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Vanilla Halo 5: Guardians is the best competitive Halo game since NBNS Halo: Reach and the only argument that can be made for adjusting its Halo Championship Series settings is the removal of radar from 4v4.

So h5 is a better competitive game than H4 and a bug filled H2A? Damn, what an achievement.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

Vanilla Halo 5: Guardians is the best competitive Halo game since NBNS Halo: Reach and the only argument that can be made for adjusting its Halo Championship Series settings is the removal of radar from 4v4. 

How can you say thats the only argument that can be made? There are a number of arguments that can be made with good cause. Just a few examples

• Removal of sprint
  • Removal of radar
  • Less autos on maps
  • 4sk Pistol
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

A bit rich when CS is using BR-starts and there is a perfectly viable 4sk pistol option that barely changes anything else. Makes me think the CS movement is more about familiarity than actually making the best possible settings. Also, to address the parallels that keep getting drawn to Reach: Sprint is insanely nerfed comparatively, and is tied to almost every bit of movement skill in this game either directly or through slide. It also causes much fewer problems with the faster kill times of H5, and would be even less of a problem with a 4sk pistol.

Back to the topic of this thread: Can we get a Go Fund Me to get all the relegation players one of these?

looxcie-hd-explore,1-J-353863-1.jpg

Sprint is a huge issue because, once again, you can look at the maps and see how stretched they are. It's insane. And have you even tested the custom settings yet? If not your opinion on it means absolutely nothing.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So h5 is a better competitive game than H4 and a bug filled H2A? Damn, what an achievement.

H2A and CS are basically the same thing, so...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

NBNS Halo: Reach was the best competitive 4v4 Halo title and was only recently dethroned by Halo 5: Guardians.

The greatest competitive Halo title was Halo: Combat Evolved.

The greatest competitive 4v4 Halo titles are as follows:

• Halo 5: Guardians
  • NBNS Halo: Reach
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo: Reach
  • Halo 4
How are you measuring this?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure, they may have tweeted something about purchasing tickets to attend live earlier in the week. I think part of the problem too is that their announcements and advertising all seems very rushed.

Everything feels Iike it happens within a few weeks.

It's abysmal, especially considering people WANT to attend and tune in, but there's simply not enough time or build up for these things.

I've known about MLG Orlando for months now it feels like

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really though, it's just my personal opinion.

Yea I figured that lol. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. People have different preferences. You push for the game you want and I push for the one that I want. It's all good.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Gotta love how "every bit of movement skill" is literally just in mitigating all of the shitty movement and garbage map design with needlessly complex, largely unintended Spartan Gimmick™ combos (that are roughly equivalent in efficiency to normal Halo movement on decent maps) and physics glitches. But yeah, we just like settings that aren't cluttered with shit because "nostalgia" "familiarity." BR starts with an actual strafe is still better than default H5 "crouch and thrust" gun fights, but I and others are in favor of the 4 shot Magnum settings over that, which is an even bigger improvement.

So...its better than H4.

Ok. I agree.

But the custom options in this game have the potential to make H5 the most competitive Halo game ever made. Default h5 is not close to that.

A bit rich when CS is using BR-starts and there is a perfectly viable 4sk pistol option that barely changes anything else.

The classic movement here only started two days ago lol. I personally haven't played a single game with the 4sk pistol. It may be amazing.

H2A and CS are basically the same thing, so...

Now you're just talking out of your ass.

Have you even played the settings?

NBNS Halo: Reach was the best competitive 4v4 Halo title and was only recently dethroned by Halo 5: Guardians.

The greatest competitive Halo title was Halo: Combat Evolved.

The greatest competitive 4v4 Halo titles are as follows:

1. Halo 5: Guardians
  2. NBNS Halo: Reach
  3. Halo 2
  4. Halo 3
  5. Halo: Reach
  6. Halo 4

Well that's like, your opinion. Judging by well, every conceivable metric known to man, not many people share that opinion.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

can you stop multi posting?

holy shit you are a forum pleb, use multi-quote or copy and paste man

Apparently I have the ability to unblock myself from people's block list so, I must be a forum goat.

Plus, multi quote doesn't exist on mobile. Take it up with the admins.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 9