CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I remember when so many people wanted to keep using shit sprint Reach settings. Then they ran one tourney with superior ZBNS settings and the community literally exploded with excitement.

I hear Stockholm is a nice city though.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I remember when so many people wanted to keep using shit sprint Reach settings. Then they ran one tourney with superior ZBNS settings and the community literally exploded with excitement.

Doing-the-same-thing_Albert-EInstein-300

Substitute the word "saying" for "doing"

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You should join us for some Old School settings matches matey, we've been having a real blast :simms:

We do have different results though.

343 gave us the ability to turn off sprint in custom game options at launch. That is progress. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, I mean thats true, but theres no bloom on precision weapons in Halo 5 (very very little on the DMR).

Also, sprint is nicely balanced in Halo 5 (no shield regen) so it's okay.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I encourage you guys to try these settings, especially the people that talk about default Halo 5 skill gap, and people that think we need sprint to be "fast". It's worth a try honestly, you might just end up liking it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People all mad about series not being streamed and I'm over here playing classic no sprint settings being pissed that all the series are using inferior comp settings.

One problem at a time...

tumblr_lpjeygYICd1qgg588.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Well, I mean thats true, but theres no bloom on precision weapons in Halo 5 (very very little on the DMR).

Try the classic settings. I guarantee you it will make you see sprint in a different light.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here we go again lmao

What do you think of clamber, thrust and stabilize?

I know we all hate Spartan Charge.

I only hate sprint. And ya, SC of course.

I would personally keep all other spartan abilities. (Thrust would need to be altered with increased base speed though)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

if true this is one more reason as to why 343 just doesn't get the community

if MLG aren't allowed to run their own circuit independant of HCS (and even if they do), we need to step up on grassroot scene. let's be part of the solution for once, not the problem.

Its very expensive to run open events, but even more so traditionally since the MLG days, the community doesn't show up enough in order to justify doing so. 

You took the bait man. Not the right topic.

Sprint has never, and will never be nice in a halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

People all mad about series not being streamed and I'm over here playing classic no sprint settings being pissed that all the series are using inferior comp settings.

this is getting negged here? What is this r/halo :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

this getting negged here? What is r/halo :kappa:

It's a subreddit to discuss Halo :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its very expensive to run open events, but even more so traditionally since the MLG days, the community doesn't show up enough in order to justify doing so. 

Its not more expensive is it? Adam said that it costs thousands nowadays to do things that would cost millions back in H2/3.

this is getting negged here? What is this r/halo :kappa:

i don't think people like being condescend to  :walshy:

also i have some good news inc

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its not more expensive is it? Adam said that it costs thousands nowadays to do things that would cost millions back in H2/3.

Its surely cheaper than it was back in H2-H3, but that doesn't make it a cheap venture. Its hard to see a return in grassroots tournaments when you consider a few factors:

Base costs:

Venue Rental

Equipment (Consoles, Monitors, Mixamps, Discs)

Staffing(typically no pay but lodging and a food per diem)

Prize Pool

Production(Live Stream, talent staffing(food/hotel/airfare/payment), equipment)

and then you'll run into other costs that you didn't even consider in your base costs like marketing, last minute necessities(cables, wires/replacements), security and so forth. 

I'm not saying its impossible, but its pretty much a requirement to get investors or a contributor on board before you start anything.Ultimately though grassroots tournaments arent really financially worthwhile for a title like Halo. The viewership numbers are pretty low, the community/teams dont show, and its hard to make a return on your initial investment overall. 

MLG and ESL have no problem because they have powerhouse financial backers (MLG - Activision Blizzard) (ESL - Turtle Media INC and game developers) but for a grassroots community start up, its a little bit tougher. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Its surely cheaper than it was back in H2-H3, but that doesn't make it a cheap venture. Its hard to see a return in grassroots tournaments when you consider a few factors:

Base costs:

Venue Rental

Equipment (Consoles, Monitors, Mixamps, Discs)

Staffing(typically no pay but lodging and a food per diem)

Prize Pool

Production(Live Stream, talent staffing(food/hotel/airfare/payment), equipment)

and then you'll run into other costs that you didn't even consider in your base costs like marketing, last minute necessities(cables, wires/replacements), security and so forth. 

I'm not saying its impossible, but its pretty much a requirement to get investors or a contributor on board before you start anything.Ultimately though grassroots tournaments arent really financially worthwhile for a title like Halo. The viewership numbers are pretty low, the community/teams dont show, and its hard to make a return on your initial investment overall. 

MLG and ESL have no problem because they have powerhouse financial backers (MLG - Activision Blizzard) (ESL - Turtle Media INC and game developers) but for a grassroots community start up, its a little bit tougher. 

True. Nicely written. :)

Also, MLG shared another Kampy clip.... Hmm...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing solo arena makes me want to quit playing Halo. How hard is it for 343 to implement a H3-style of MM? Seriously, I can't believe they haven't even took notice of this. Their bs of search preference doesn't even do it's job right and ranks are broken. 

/end of rant. Sorry guys just needed to vent. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

True. Nicely written. :)

Also, MLG shared another Kampy clip.... Hmm...

Thanks! I've been involved with Open LAN's (EGLx and a few others back in the day), and there are some incredible community organizers grinding constantly to bring out the goods like @@Voodooman and Proverb(P5 Studio, running the Chattanooga event), but its tough without the financial support. Another thing worth nothing is that these grassroots community events really dont get supported by the people that need to support them. The professional and community hubs for Halo haven't done much to support events that arnt they're own in the past. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's a joke about it?

It's a fun little thing with no negatives. Who cares.

Do we just complain about everything now?

I'd like to see them advertise their pro league before their cakes. 

Thanks! I've been involved with Open LAN's (EGLx and a few others back in the day), and there are some incredible community organizers grinding constantly to bring out the goods like @@Voodooman and Proverb(P5 Studio, running the Chattanooga event), but its tough without the financial support. Another thing worth nothing is that these grassroots community events really dont get supported by the people that need to support them. The professional and community hubs for Halo haven't done much to support events that arnt they're own in the past. 

Shots fired. 

• Upvote (+1) 5