CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've been avoiding all Halo news to avoid HPL EU spoilers. I'm all caught up now. Any big news in the Halo world/? I've hared that WBR1 of the relegation tourney won't be streamed and that the whole weekend's schedule and prize pool split haven't been released. Anything else in the news?

That is basically it. For me personally the frustrating part is not that important matches will not be shown on stream - it is the reason why they will not be shown that gets me, and the fact that it could have been completely avoided fairly easily.

That reason is: instead of hosting the event at the ESL Burbank Studio which is in the general area (I believe) - they piggybacked on an event called KCON (Korean Pop Convention) - and KCON apparently has some restrictions that are causing these matches not to be shown. This is according to a post on reddit from ESL. 

So basically, the event could be at the ESL Burbank Studio, MLG Arena, or a random concert hall that is rented out, and we would be able to see every match on stream. Instead we miss some key matches, because of what boils down to be a mistake on the venue choice. Which is unfortunate for people who have followed all season. Fans will be reduced to watching shakey cam Periscope streams for off stream matches, which is unheard of for an 4-8 team, 2 day event. 

It is not the end of the world or anything, just little problems and mistakes adding up at once.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That is basically it. For me personally the frustrating part is not that important matches will not be shown on stream - it is the reason why they will not be shown that gets me, and the fact that it could have been completely avoided fairly easily.

That reason is: instead of hosting the event at the ESL Burbank Studio which is in the general area (I believe) - they piggybacked on an event called KCON (Korean Pop Convention) - and KCON apparently has some restrictions that are causing these matches not to be shown. This is according to a post on reddit from ESL.

So basically, the event could be at the ESL Burbank Studio, MLG Arena, or a random concert hall that is rented out, and we would be able to see every match on stream. Instead we miss some key matches, because of what boils down to be a mistake on the venue choice. Which is unfortunate for people who have followed all season. Fans will be reduced to watching shakey cam Periscope streams for off stream matches, which is unheard of for an 4-8 team, 2 day event.

It is not the end of the world or anything, just little problems and mistakes adding up at once.

Is there a halo K-pop crossover demo I'm unaware of?

This is like NASCAR holding a race during the Westminster dog show.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a halo K-pop crossover demo I'm unaware of?

This is like NASCAR holding a race during the Westminster dog show.

I used to be super into kpop; I've been to a concert and have written for the largest English-language kpop news site. I would love to go to KCON for both Halo and kpop, it sounds like a great mash of two of my interests.

That said, I don't think there are too many others like me. I can't really see what either group (ESL, KCON) gets out of this partnership. ESL gets...a cheaper venue? Higher chance of non-Halo fans wondering in to watch to make the audience bigger than if they did it at the studio? And KCON gets what? Something video game related at their event that probably will have a demographic of people interested in video games, yes, but I'm sure they'd much rather have games that appeal to more American kpop fans (LoL, SC2, Overwatch).

Little by little everything keeps getting effed up until it goes to shit.

Every stream. Every event. Something has to be done poorly. I know people tend to flip their shit at everything because we've had it rough for a long time with Halo in general but we've gone beyond (xd) the realm of benefit of the doubt. NA ESL hasn't had a production value. They are the commercial break that happens in the middle of that show you've been waiting to watch. You just want them to stop. Get off the screen. Let us watch the game. Stop screwing up. Stop lagging out of games/missing games/not streaming games etc. We don't know the rules. We don't know the stakes. We don't know the venues or locations until the last second. Its not always all ESL's fault either but this Pro League season has nothing going for it but the actual gameplay from the players. Every other party involved has made watching Halo a chore or disappointment at times rather than enhancing the experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

One thing that has irked me about off-stream series is that they aren't recorded.

It's bad enough that they can't be bothered to have a B-stream. But just getting box scores is a slap in the face. I'd pay for footage of each players perspective even w/o commentary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

getting destroyed by a champ when youre a bronze isnt going to help you get any better lol 

trial by fire. you must be new and never played hardcore in h2 or h3

• Upvote (+1) 3

trial by fire. you must be new and never played hardcore in h2 or h3

h5 match making is designed to give you "competitive games" (which is kind of a joke) and purposely manipulating the system to get games you can't lose is kinda shitty for every other player who doesn't even have a chance in those games.

Idk what that has to do with h2 or 3.

Not that I don't understand why someone would make a smurf. Social playlists are pretty lacking in h5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People all mad about series not being streamed and I'm over here playing classic no sprint settings being pissed that all the series are using inferior comp settings.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 28

People all mad about series not being streamed and I'm over here playing classic no sprint settings being pissed that all the series are using inferior comp settings.

Here we go again lmao

What do you think of clamber, thrust and stabilize?

I know we all hate Spartan Charge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some flashbacks to Halo 4 Pro Mod there.

• Upvote (+1) 1