CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm really confused. So CLG and C9 are warming up on main stage while the first round is being played on a side stage, correct?

I don't even understand why that's a thing at all, why put warm-ups on main stage and put matches that have meaning on a side stage? But whatever, we'll ignore that for now.

Going off the assumption that the first round relegation matches are being played at 3 pm EST, which is when the stream starts, what the hell is being streamed at 3 pm? Warm ups? Warzone montages? I mean, there's two options here, either they're starting the stream and choosing not to stream first round even though there's really nothing else to stream, unless I'm missing something. The other option is that the first round is being played before the stream starts, and the stream is going to begin with the second matches. The time excuse doesn't really work for this either because you still have to play the matches. The only difference is when you start the stream.

I honestly don't understand how time can factor in, it just doesn't make sense. The only time to be saved my not streaming first round is that both matches can be played at the same time. However, according to Randa's tweet, there is a 5 hour gap between first and second round of relegation so there isn't exactly a time crunch here either.

Also, there's literally the same amount of games to be played on Sunday as there is Saturday. If we can make it happen on Sunday, how is Saturday any different?

Am I fucking crazy?

Edit: I see that a "schedule" waypoint post was posted while I was writing this. So the first round of the finals is on Saturday? I can't even tell.

Just release a schedule holy shit it's actually not this difficult. If I have to jump through hoops just to understand an event next season, consider me uninterested.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm really confused. So CLG and C9 are warming up on main stage while the first round is being played on a side stage, correct?

I don't even understand why that's a thing at all, why put warm-ups on main stage and put matches that have meaning on a side stage? But whatever, we'll ignore that for now.

Going off the assumption that the first round relegation matches are being played at 3 pm EST, which is when the stream starts, what the hell is being streamed at 3 pm? Warm ups? Warzone montages? I mean, there's two options here, either they're starting the stream and choosing not to stream first round even though there's really nothing else to stream, unless I'm missing something. The other option is that the first round is being played before the stream starts, and the stream is going to begin with the second matches. The time excuse doesn't really work for this either because you still have to play the matches. The only difference is when you start the stream.

I honestly don't understand how time can factor in, it just doesn't make sense. The only time to be saved my not streaming first round is that both matches can be played at the same time. However, according to Randa's tweet, there is a 5 hour gap between first and second round of relegation so there isn't exactly a time crunch here either.

Also, there's literally the same amount of games to be played on Sunday as there is Saturday. If we can make it happen on Sunday, how is Saturday any different?

Am I fucking crazy?

CLG vs C9 is being streamed when the stream goes live.

One of the relegation Winners Round 1 matches will already be completed by then.

The other will have just started.

I believe they said they are starting Championship Matches (Round 1) on Saturday rather than Sunday.

Everything is streamed except for the first two Relegation matches.

I think it's crazy that you would book an event as big as this somewhere that apparently doesn't give you the time to show all the matches. Why not keep the damn warzone  montages to like 5 mins a time (if that) rather than all the time they waste now?

I would much prefer the casters talking about the games, players or even some of their times playing than watch someone get a triple kill in warzone. Too many times when there's a problem waiting for players or whatever do we have to have these montages playing... just let the casters do their job.

Would like to point out that I think the casters ... both EU and NA are doing a really good job so keep up the good work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Randa is the hero Team Beyond does not deserve.

But for real though, I hope he does actually periscope his match haha.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I knew ESL was going to fuck this up the second they let the 3rd person cam go on for so long in the beginning of pro league.

Were any of them even watching? No one thought to tell the casters to stop and keep it in 1st person after the twitch chat went crazy? Or you know, when we were watching a wall when Royal 2 and str8 sick we're going off?

That was week 1, day 1.

Here we are...

Idc if someone's allowed to post here or not. Idc if they ever post or talk to us, I just want a competent fucking company to run Halo eSports and do a good job. Che and ESL are NOT getting it done so far (I'll admit, it hasn't all been bad: worlds [but bo5 single elim...] MLG regionals, crowd funding, skins). This eSport has only gone downhill since the start (let's not even get started on settings discussion, either).

Aside from MLG.tv streaming, I haven't seen MLG fuck up Halo yet.

Idk man, is it even worth wasting my time with Halo anymore? Especially when my free time is so precious and rare?

I mean, for fuck sake, THIS IS HALO, this is microsofts biggest IP. This is 343s baby. ESports are fucking huge. Please stop putting in a c-tier effort...

What is so bad about 3rd person? Sure week 1 they missed some good clips but since then 3rd person has been used very well.

How can you say it has gone downhill? We're missing 2 matches so all of the changes like bo7 and double elim don't matter?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

What is so bad about 3rd person? Sure week 1 they missed some good clips but since then 3rd person has been used very well.

How can you say it has gone downhill? We're missing 2 matches so all of the changes like bo7 and double elim don't matter?

People are hyperbolizing while simultaneously not explaining what they are mad about:

• Relegation Round 1 NOT Streamed
  • Relegation/Championship SCHEDULE Not Released (we want Match Times, rather than just bracket)
  • Prize Pool Total
  • Prize Pool Distribution
  • WHY WONT BRAVO POST ON BEYOND
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

IT'S TIME TO ASSEMBLE THE BOMB PLANTED PODCAST.

WE ARE TAKING NO PRISONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have so much to say if I was on an HCS related podcast lmao

IT'S TIME TO ASSEMBLE THE BOMB PLANTED PODCAST.

WE ARE TAKING NO PRISONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amen to that, @@Saucey we need you to rip these guys a new one.

I believe they said they are starting Championship Matches (Round 1) on Saturday rather than Sunday.

Everything is streamed except for the first two Relegation matches.

@@TiberiusAudley

Thanks guys. On mobile so I have no idea how to double quote. My understanding was each day was separated. I guess I missed when they said first round of finals was Saturday. I'm guessing both of them are on Saturday then, and then we jump into winners and loser bracket of relegation, and then finish relegation. Sunday finishes the finals. Still just seems weird to me.

Give me a solid schedule with match times and I'll be significantly less frustrated. Like a lot of people have said, I'm just sick of having to piece together almost everything this season.

So after the recent tweet by ESL Halo, we can expect the NA prizing next Wednesday night? Cool.

• Upvote (+1) 4

can we just appreciate how every day there seems to be something interesting going on in the hcs world?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8MnabO859o

elevate montage 

If only it wasn't bad things as well. Literally every day something new comes up that is fucked up about hcs

• Upvote (+1) 1