CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You must be on the wrong forum because Waypoint complains/whines/judges 343's every move. Beyond is way more civil.

Those are just threads. Majority of the responses in the threads are one liners in 343i's favor with no thought.

Go on any controversial topic on Waypoint and the first post will always be a 1 liner with zero thought with +100 upvotes. The majority on Waypoint don't engage in discussion, only a few. It's mainly a whole lot of "Oh, well that's just your opinion."

This doesn't apply to Bravo at all because he is a big boy and knows how the eSports community is.

One fantastic thing I have noticed about the community here at Beyond, is that this is not a "safe space". Nobody cares about your job, position, etc. All anyone cares about is that you do a good job at whatever it is you are supposed to be doing.

If you are not doing a good job, people call you out on it. Reddit Halo will call devs out when there is a massive mess up (MCC comes to mind) but generally they seem to be in awe that someone who makes Halo is interacting with them.

That is one of the things I like the most about Beyond. Do a good job, or go do something else. Sadly, the cop out excuse to not post here or to write off valid opinions is that "Beyond is toxic". Which all that really is, is a nonsensical blanket statement to get out of being held accountable for poor performance.

Should've added this to the end of your amazing post

Kr423r.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Part 2 is coming out this year

Look forward to the scene where you give birth to Neighbor Jr. (Lethul).

Yeah telling the community manager he can't post on the largest community site makes sense.

Especially when he has done so before. It's one thing to never post, but to stop altogether is silly.

They survived through our brutality with MCC, and things are relatively high spirited in this thread*, I don't see why NOW would be the time to force the employees to stop posting.

*(except when they won't release schedules/payouts/put relegation off stream/put Championship Bracket on Saturday)

• Upvote (+1) 2

so i was looking for a start time for this weekends 225k dollar event and the only place it is listed is on twitch.tv/halo ....

halo.gg sucks  :crying:

The event this weekend isn't 225k.

The season itself is 226k totaled, though.

how many chicks are you gonna bang in this one?

I don't know if I'm more hype for this or the Bunny-tage

• Upvote (+1) 1

Timo responded in the reddit thread.

HcBGbX6.png

If you're having trouble with time-constraints, lowering the 45min between matches is a better way to go about it then cutting matches.

I've seen from players that there's 8 hours scheduled out each day.

You're cutting 2 matches on Saturday for 2 other matches. There isn't even a time loss here.

And needing 8 hours for 4 matches on Sunday seems crazy as well.

Interesting that he hasn't posted here...

The event this weekend isn't 225k.

The season itself is 226k totaled, though.

the analyst from Liquid, in the days leading up to the final tournament, just provided the most detailed post on the $$$ involved in pro-league

I seriously question there isn't enough time to stream 11 matches in 2 days.

• Upvote (+1) 2

HcBGbX6.png

Yikes. This is honestly unexpected considering all the attention it got.

poker-face_meme_reasonably_small.jpg

...Speechless

@Pajama 88 isn't wrong, though. You spend a WHOLE lot of time bitching, particularly at Str8 Sick.

You're one of my favorite players ever, but it's just an observation. You have the right to disagree, just like I disagree with your definition of "constructive criticism"

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so i was looking for a start time for this weekends 225k dollar event and the only place it is listed is on twitch.tv/halo ....

halo.gg sucks  :crying:

This weekend is a 225k event? I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT

Weve known this for months man ;)

But nah I hope we can pull views and positivity despite all of the shit thats happened this season.

Actually, we've had tons of different numbers thrown around without context. We do not know:

• The Prize Pool for the Finals
  • The Distribution of the Finals
  • The Payout to 5-8th Seeds (Granted, this is something that makes sense to keep secret)
  • The Distribution of EU Finals ($67,000)
  • and cumulatively... how much money has been handed out across the entire League in both regions

Idk man, is it even worth wasting my time with Halo anymore? Especially when my free time is so precious and rare?

Calm down Coachmayne.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

"We booked a venue for an event that doesn't allow us to show the entire event. Sorry."

• Upvote (+1) 9

HcBGbX6.png

If you're having trouble with time-constraints, lowering the 45min between matches is a better way to go about it then cutting matches.
I've seen from players that there's 8 hours scheduled out each day.

You're cutting 2 matches on Saturday for 2 other matches. There isn't even a time loss here.

And needing 8 hours for 4 matches on Sunday seems crazy as well.

We shall say I didnt go lightly. Just because we got a (rather late) response, does not mean they're innocent. I'm still fuckin pissed.

The real question is how many times will the McDonald's Forge video be played this weekend.

don't.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

not sure what's worse...

ESL using the time excuse or 343 adding grifball to MCC and not fixing any of the actual issues with the game

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why does it make sense to you?

Eh because while Pro League matches are technically "competitive" matches where things are at stake, I consider standard Pro League money as a type of salaries for the players to help them do this as full-time as they can. It seems a bit anti climactic and awkward to release numbers for $ that you are just giving to people for losing.

I'd be fine if they released it, obviously.

Just to make sure I'm not mistaken, they managed to show all the relegation and finals matches for the EU tourney last weekend, correct? Why is this different?

• Upvote (+1) 1