CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I thought we were past the foul language discussion.

The hell was he talking about...

I didn't know CS GO had dominating spray and pray weapons Eric thanks for the enlightenment

EDIT: I HOPE he was more saying that ARs have a place and that they shouldn't just be straight up banned. Which I agree with.

They desperately need rebalancing though.

The AR isn't thaaaat bad. SMGs and storm rifles are like power weapons though

Very cool content from ESL (not sure if posted yet). They put these interviews/montages together for each of the four teams from the finals. Hopefully we see cool content like this for NA.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Okay, so I know my post got deleted, but it still might be good for @@TheSimms to know. It may be different in Europe but in America the phrase "running a train" has a pretty bad connotation. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't remember there being this much contention over listen-ins 5+ years ago.

I don't remember there being this much contention over listen-ins 5+ years ago.

I don't think esports had as wide an audience 5+ years ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, so I know my post got deleted, but it still might be good for @@TheSimms to know. It may be different in Europe but in America the phrase "running a train" has a pretty bad connotation. 

Idk man I'm in the US and on a Thursday night I've been known to run a train on some wings at Buffalo wild wings. Now if what I'm doing is illegal, lock my ass up fam  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Idk man I'm in the US and on a Thursday night I've been known to run a train on some wings at Buffalo wild wings. Now if what I'm doing is illegal, lock my ass up fam  :simms:

The real crime is that you like the wings at BWW.

The real crime is that you like the wings at BWW.

BWW are the wings you get when everything else is closed or you are in some crap area with no good food.

• Upvote (+1) 7

BWW are the wings you get when everything else is closed or you are in some crap area with no good food.

Id rather go for some Applebees.... @@GH057ayame

• Upvote (+1) 1

He roasts radar, and wings.

It's not too often a man of these credentials can cook, as well.

Wow, I shocked to hear this. 343 did it, they turned them. Autos, Radar are now the norm. :wutface:

I would still prefer no radar, but this Halo has one of the largest skill gaps. I don't think dumbing it down to just precision weapons is necessary IMO
  • Upvote (+1) 13
  • Downvote (-1) 7

How is adding auto automatic weapons that take little to no skill to use not "dumbing it down" if they had something like predictable spread patterns which you have to control sure.

But none of Halo 5 auto's even fit that category they're just low skill spraying weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I'll try to stay clear, may slip out again due to this been many of the 1 liners and it not meaning that but thanks for the heads up. I was also called out by multiple people for calling players 'pussys' when they run away and calling Walshy a scumbag. I've been advised these can be taken out of context and seen as quite awful words to use on stream by some NA viewers, all about the wider picture so thanks for the heads up!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eric defended ARs on stream. I was watching Contra's POV but you can hear Snip3down. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/cntra/BraveSquidFrankerZ

@@Snip3down pls explain.

EDIT: If you mean automatics as a concept, I'd agree, but the current iteration of auto's has NO skill attacked. No predictable/relavant spread pattern, no recoil pattern, huge target range and auto aim. As they are now, auto's need to go.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait this is news to me BWW wings suck? Where should I go guys plz im innocent on the subject of wings  :mj:

Wait this is news to me BWW wings suck? Where should I go guys plz im innocent on the subject of wings  :mj:

hooters has great wings. most sports bars are hit or miss though. pretty much any grocery store deli can make a good wing. its not a difficult process. fresh chicken, clean water, fresh breading and fried/baked for the desired time. but if you want the best of the best it comes down to those hidden gems. the best way to find out where they are is talk to any old timer that's a native of the city and ask him where the best wings can be found. generally thats the rule of thumb for all the best food places. old people know their stuff. or u can google it lol

c9/e6 top 2

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wait, the mods and admins here are handwaving concerns about deeply offensive language and allowing people to post ignorant opinions completely divorced from reality, but you get a post deleted about radar?

Really TB? This is really disappointing. I don't care if you allow people to post stupid opinions about offensive words but why turn around and censor someone over something trivial then? And @@Frosty, we're not talking about saying the word at all, but the way it is used by competitive gamers. I don't see what the problem is with just discussing it? Don't you think it makes us look bad if an outsider comes here and sees us just ignoring an important conversation we need to have as a community?

I agree with @@RyanW, the past few pages here just disappoint the hell out of me. We're better than this. Like I said I don't have a problem with the word used in private, but if you can't see the problem with broadcasting dudes aggressively yelling it at other people during a video game tournament I don't know what else to say. Besides the "triggering" stuff I think it just makes our community look REALLY bad and immature especially with the media shitstorms that have descended on some gaming communities over far more trivial matters. The Street Fighter community had similar problems and also looked really stupid and cringeworthy to any outsider who saw people trying to defend the language they used a couple years ago. Just brushing this under the rug serves to help no one and perpetuates poor culture.

Didn't see this day coming, I've broken my accidental neg virginity. I'll upvote few of your posts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't know what to feel about that Cloud9 thingy.

Somehow I feel like if 343 is gonna create another bunch of team skins, I think Renegades deserve it more than Cloud 9. Or better yet, do both :3 Just my thoughts.

While I dont necessarily agree with the use of the word "rape" being yelled at someone you killed in a video game.....

The quickest way to destroy the interest in an eSport is to start instituting this tumblr warrior, safe space, I am so triggered by everything garbage.

NBA:

Fighting

Cursing

NFL:

Fighting

Cursing

NHL:

Fighting 

Cursing 

Cratos is one of the only players who consistently keeps me interested in the HCS. Why? Because he does not want to be friends with everyone, he wants to beat them, and he lets them know what he thinks after the game(s). That type of interaction is what draws eyes to leagues. I cant remember how many times ESPN/Sportscenter replayed Lebron talking shit to Steph Curry in the finals, it was always an "OH SHIT" the two best players in the league are going at it like they hate eachother. It makes you choose sides and become invested in the game. They might be fined depending on what they do, or receive a technical foul, and even ejected if it goes too far.

eSports work the same way. Real life does not have safe spaces, sports dont, esports shouldnt either. 

*This only applies to trash talk that isnt over the line, racist, etc. // not personal.*   "ex. You are terrible, just quit" Looks completely fine to me. 

I agree with nearly everything you said, particularly the stuff about safe spaces, Tumblrinas and Cratos. I just think the vulgar trash talk during listen-ins is a bit much. How hard would it be to notify players that there will be listen-ins during the match and ask them to keep the vulgarities to a minimum? It just screams "grassroots", "amateur" to me, which I know is something some of you guys like, but to me it just keeps us more distanced from CSGO, LoL and other major esports.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Wait this is news to me BWW wings suck? Where should I go guys plz im innocent on the subject of wings :mj:

BWW is the shit dont listen to this madman