CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

CLG is amazing both online and off. 

Hoping that online will change their dominance is a bad idea judging from scrim records at least (which I hate doing) as well as online qualifier results. 

I think its do-able.

Everything I said had a maybe in front of it pertaining to the fact nothing is certain because its a new season.  I mentioned a few sides not out of the realm of possibility.  

My percentage of assumptions for anything CLG related = 0%

I'm an anything can happen until it happens kind of guy.  Does it mean certain things won't happen?  no.  will they still be scary power houses?  yes.  Can they lose?  Of course.  Every game/series is different.  But is it going to be tough for teams to get it done.  You bet your ass.

And you mentioned Epsilon and how they almost took out CLG.  That kind of makes my point of Chemistry + Skill.  Did other teams have that chemistry?  Hell yea.  But Epsilon is Tilt free.

"If 343 puts Assault in, no big deal, try something new. If they put Torque Assault in... that's when I start rioting." - Snakebite, April 2016

I would argue that Torque Strongholds is even worse.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I love how there always seems to be an "Unbeatable" Halo team. People think they can't loose and they have the best players in the game on 1 team. But sooner or later they always fall/breakup (normally because they stop being so dominate). Think Final Boss, Instinct, H2A-Xgames EG.... And sooner or later, CLG. 

Every team is beatable and no one wins forever.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, side-note, Suspector is great, he's looking pretty good on EG, but what do people think of Spartan over Suspector on EG? Just curious, I prefer Suspector but saw someone mention it the other night. I don't put too much ito scrims, kids in high-school so some games he played real poor the other night. Probably not the best environment to be scrimming at ~12am, but still, I'd like to know what people think of this. 

In my opinion, I find spartan to be overrated and like Suspector on EG more than spartan, again that's just my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love how there always seems to be an "Unbeatable" Halo team. People think they can't loose and they have the best players in the game on 1 team. But sooner or later they always fall/breakup (normally because they stop being so dominate). Think Final Boss, Instinct, H2A-Xgames EG.... And sooner or later, CLG.

Once Halo 6 comes out I'm sure CLG will at least drop a few games in the finals.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

It took a new game for EG to be beat. Even then, 1 kill separated another 1st place for EG and we could have seen them stick together.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People seriously underestimate the power of a good duo...It is so important to have a player that just. gets. you. Royal 2 and snakebite are that duo right now. I told yall in another post why ALG was going to fail before they even scrimmed was because they did not have a good duo. And Spartan Stellur Commonly and Penguin would fail for the same reason. Ninja and victory x go back for YEARS. Spartan and stellur, 5 months.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"If 343 puts Assault in, no big deal, try something new.  If they put Torque Assault in... that's when I start rioting." - Snakebite, April 2016

That or do a forge variant of it. You can actually go in and get rid of some of the moving pillars that open up drop downs to bottom mid by removing the doors. You can also remove the circular platform in the middle of the map so you could have a jump up from bottom to top mid. 

Not saying that will fix the map, but there are some options to make it better in forge. 

or just do Assault on Coli, Regret, and Fathom Torque isn't needed atm

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is OT but my elite controller just suffered a broken left bumper. Anyone else have this problem? If so, was it easy to get it replaced?

My LB broke as well. They told me to buy a new one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't Torque the map 343 employees were so stoked about?

I hate it more than Overgrowth.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really think Spartan and Stellur made a hasty call to leave RNG. I honestly believe that after trying out the "ALG" thing for a bit, that they are in a worse off position. Spartan has tweeted that being a FA sucks. You can never make a hasty call to change things up so quickly after a tournament, especially since considering there has been nothing about the Pro League confirmed yet. I actually really like the new RNG potential team, but feel as though Spartan and Stellur made a big mistake. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I watched Towey's video yesterday about the whole situation and they are not breaking up any time soon.  He said they have known each other and played on and off with each other for 10+ years, and that a couple of disappointing finishes wasn't going to make them give it up. He also said the reason they dropped Commonly wasn't because of his play, but because they weren't seeing any improvement despite 10+ hours of watching footage and scrimming every day. Give this new EG lineup time.  Yesterday was a bad day to judge them because the twins were on for 8 hours before they started, AND it's still  a new squad.  Keep an eye on them, but don't write them off just yet. 

I would argue that Torque Strongholds is even worse.

I would argue that ANYTHING on Torque is terrible.  

If my parents threw my birthday party on Torque I would riot.  (For example)

That or do a forge variant of it. You can actually go in and get rid of some of the moving pillars that open up drop downs to bottom mid by removing the doors. You can also remove the circular platform in the middle of the map so you could have a jump up from bottom to top mid. 

Not saying that will fix the map, but there are some options to make it better in forge. 

or just do Assault on Coli, Regret, and Fathom Torque isn't needed atm

None of that changes that the map, literally blinds people mid fight.. :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I asked Commonly about getting dropped from EG on stream. He said he would have left anyway if they didn't drop him, and that it just felt weird the whole time he was on EG. He said he felt like he was in a box and couldn't play the way he wanted to.

Which I feel is a pretty accurate interpretation. Nothing against the EG guys, I love that roster...but its not so easy to take a player who has a set play style and just force him to adapt and change his entire style in a matter of weeks. Ultimately I dont think he could have said no simply because of the roster, history and talent, but I dont think it was the right team for him.

In my opinion, I find spartan to be overrated and like Suspector on EG more than spartan, again that's just my opinion.

This.  Spartan is overrated on here.  He's got a lot of the same issues as Ninja which people like to conveniently gloss over.  Emotionally he can be all over the place, so I'm honestly confused when people keep suggesting rosters with him that can supposedly "beat" CLG. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wasn't Torque the map 343 employees were so stoked about?

I hate it more than Overgrowth.

Hey man leave Overgrowth out of this. Ever since they removed Sword and Shotty and added the SPNKr to top middle, Overgrowth Strongholds is a pretty solid gametype IMO. Much better than Empire SH for instance.. I'm with you if you're referring to release Overgrowth though. That map was almost as bad as Sword Base
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This.  Spartan is overrated on here.  He's got a lot of the same issues as Ninja which people like to conveniently gloss over.  Emotionally he can be all over the place, so I'm honestly confused when people keep suggesting rosters with him that can supposedly "beat" CLG. 

Just going by what the pros say.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone else feel bad for 343i?  They get so excited about their new maps and then the community just dumps all over them.   :walshy:

I for one, do not feel bad for them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nailed it. I think Spartan is an excellent player, and an awesome personality for the community but I dont see a roster with him on it that could take down CLG.

But to be fair, I dont think there are many rosters that could take down CLG.

@@xAeons Marketing 101: Always be proud of what you're doing. If you're not excited, how will anybody else be? 343i needs to come out with some good maps though. They have a pro team in house for a reason.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So because a team can't beat CLG right after forming they should break up? Vin i get that it's hard seeing all the new RNG fans are now posting and they took a scrim off EG but no other game (regular our esport) uses that as a reason for a team not to try improving our sticking together until a combination can beat the very best team.

That's like a king killing women for not bearing him a son until one finally does even tho it's his own genes fault.

Maybe there isn't a team combination that can beat them right now but with practice, improvement on comms, chemistry, etc., there will be.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Since people are doing the CLG to FB comparisons, I need to throw this out there to get some closure on a debate i had this weekend with an esteemed poster on this forum (not mentioning his name bc i dont want him to committ seppuku when you all find out what he said. he can identify himself if he wishes)

He feels like if you time machined CLG back to 2007 after they "had prepared for 3 months," they could beat the 2007 FB team in Halo 2. He likened it to something akin to the 2007 Patriots against a Steelers team from the 1970s.

I argued that while the comparison superficially makes sense, the NFL athletes of today are just way better than the NFL athletes of the 70's, the comparison just doesn't run through. There is no similarly huge discrepancy, in my mind, in FPS gaming ability from 2007 to 2016. I think that 2007 FB team had pretty much maxed out 4v4 competition in Halo 2 (I don't think you can get much better). Maybe if this CLG team time machined back to the beginning of Halo 2 they could beat FB, but after only "3 months to prepare" I'm not seeing it.

I'll PM him so he has a chance to add to his argument if I didn't do it justice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else feel bad for 343i? They get so excited about their new maps and then the community just dumps all over them. :walshy:

I for one, do not feel bad for them.

I don't think many people feel bad. But I do find it hard to believe that even with the 343 pro team testing these maps that they still don't translate well with the competitive community.

While we're on this topic. I am really disappointed by almost all of the forged maps that are in playlist rotations. We have the most advanced forge system to date and I feel like all of the maps are terrible. Pegasus being the prime example.

• Upvote (+1) 1