CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

10 second stream delay and have someone beeping those words out. Super simple fix you can't control what you say sometimes. And if they wanna use our voices and be safe it takes one person to just sit there and beep things out

Non sarcastic question: do you have any broadcast experience/understand how live censorship works in any way shape or form?

Sounds easier said then done, don't try to make it sound objectively simple.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

10 second stream delay and have someone beeping those words out. Super simple fix you can't control what you say sometimes. And if they wanna use our voices and be safe it takes one person to just sit there and beep things out

Or

You guys could just act like you're over the age of 12.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Some of what I do every day is sales and customer service. If I couldn't control what I said sometimes I wouldn't have a job. I do agree though that taking this approach like they did with live televised sports it would be pretty cool. Gives the players the freedom to get as hype as they want without offending anyone.

However you have to think that there would need to be more cost to add this sort of technology along with an additional hire. Probably wouldnl't be as simple as it sounds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys! I have been out of the loop so long. Can someone try to give me the relevant news from June and July? Team changes? Drama? ESL or 343 announcements? Ive missed whatever happened. Thank you!

Non sarcastic question: do you have any broadcast experience/understand how live censorship works in any way shape or form?

Is it really complicated? I would have imagined someone pressing a button for a beep sound that is inserted into the feed like a second before the person heard the offensive language, to account for reaction time.

I have an interest in broadcasting so I'd like to hear how it actually works.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some of what I do every day is sales and customer service. If I couldn't control what I said sometimes I wouldn't have a job. I do agree though that taking this approach like they did with live televised sports it would be pretty cool. Gives the players the freedom to get as hype as they want without offending anyone.

However you have to think that there would need to be more cost to add this sort of technology along with an additional hire. Probably wouldnl't be as simple as it sounds.

Do you really think beeping curse words costs that much?

You guys really think adding more work for the broadcasters is the best solution? C'mon, this is all on the players and is an easy fix. Yes, it's "heat of the moment" stuff but If I said this stuff back in school or at my job I would be reprimanded. There are so many other phrases to use like @@Commonly said, it isn't that hard of an issue to fix.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quite honestly I'm a bit appalled with this community if we're going to be fine with broadcasting a player saying he's raping someone to tens of thousands of viewers. I'm completely fine with swearing and trash talk but there is a line. Rape is deeply traumatic and something 95% of this community will never experience so to voice your support for it and telling people to stop getting triggered is straight up ignorant. And repeatedly hearing some dude yelling about it in the middle of an event that's supposed to be for fun for kids and adults is going to put crosshairs on us eventually.

I completely agree and could not have worded this better. Especially with the fact that this is one of the most traumatic things someone could go through and at the same time a great percentage of people will never know what that's like. Complete ignorance to think not only is this okay but to promote it. And I'm one of those people that's always saying that people are too easily offended these days.

I've been gaming for a long time and at least I can say this term is used much less frequently than it used to be. Definitely a win for the community.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Glad to see a new org in Halo (well a familiar face but new to HCS). I'll miss Renegades for their logo. It was unique and cool. I liked it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it really complicated? I would have imagined someone pressing a button for a beep sound that is inserted into the feed like a second before the person heard the offensive language, to account for reaction time.

I have an interest in broadcasting so I'd like to hear how it actually works.

Oh no I'm sure it's very doable but Cratos being the king of blunt responses put the blame on the broadcasters when we don't know the level of complexity for them.

Do you really think beeping curse words costs that much?

I mean Idk! I have no idea how television does it. If someone wants to explain how easy the process really is, I'd love to learn more about how it works.

Just please don't get rid of listen ins. Obviously this could never be a thing but I wish every LAN series being broadcasted was 20-30% just teams communicating

(◕‿◕✿)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can literally get on twitch and put a delay on it right now. Sit there a put a sound everytime a bad word is said. I'm also bad with computers so someone who knows what they are doing could make that easier.

I agree some words can't be said. But cuss words will be said. All words even some words that were mentioned can be offensive to some. I will never stop cussing when I'm streaming or competing I say the same shit when I play soccer. If you're there at the live event just at live sports you'll hear bad words some way worse than anything a halo player will say. But for the stream just beep it out if it's a big deal

• Upvote (+1) 7

So is rape just like the one word that's too far? Like saying you shit on someone and taking that literally is pretty fucked up too. I mean, saying "I killed him" Saying you murdered someone. Why is saying rape the one thing that's just not okay? I don't get it. You might as well just say no trash talk at all because otherwise it's just weighing opinions on what word you find bad.

Also, as Arglactable said, you know what they mean. If you choose to get offended by a word being used in a way that's not that specific way then that's on you tbh. The entire English fucking language is words being used in different ways.

All in all its really not that serious. If someone says it and their org doesn't care then it's a non-issue. Stop acting like moral gods.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Also both 343 and esl are million dollar companies if you don't think they can hire a beeper for 3 days you're delusional. They pay people salary to drink coffe at the office 5 days a week

Why spend money hiring another employee to bleep listen ins, when you could just not hire anyone and cut out listen ins  :simms:  :cash:  :cash:  :cash:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Swearing ("let's fucking go" or "shit") and in-game disrespect (shooting bodies/teabagging) are totally fine.

We should draw the line at vulgarity (rape, etc.) and insulting other players as well as immaturity ("these kids are fucking idiots" or Reality Checks excessive celebration at G4G2014)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I am telling you guys Cratos is the only person who makes anything consistently interesting about the HCS  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I wish I could find that video of when @@MaNiaC got so many technicals for trash talk and couldn't play part of an Onslaught CTF game.

(they still won the game)

• Upvote (+1) 2