CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I’m gunna need a C9 fan banner.

An AR's killtime isn't significantly impacted if it misses a few shots, but a pistol's is if it misses one.

In the average 1v1 you’re going to miss a higher percentage of shots with the AR than the pistol.

Also thrusting will increase the kill time with the AR substantially but not affect the pistol if you time it right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pulling a C9, I haven't posted in over a month on these forums and I'm coming back right before Season 2 Finals.  :weback:

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cratos is one of the only players who consistently keeps me interested in the HCS. Why? Because he does not want to be friends with everyone, he wants to beat them, and he lets them know what he thinks after the game(s). 

This so much. Players that you love to hate are just as, if not more, entertaining than players you actually like. It's critical to developing storylines and giving motivation to tuning in every week, not just for the league but for the other aspects outside of the game. 

Cratos is especially entertaining because he isn't allowing himself to be boxed into the the typical "professional" image. Esports that let themselves get over moderated lose out on a lot of value. League of Legends was a lot more entertaining when you had players like Doublelift calling others trash rather than the typical "he's a good player and it will be a tough match" that you see all the time. There's a time and place for "smack talk" to help generate hype, it's why a lot of fights in UFC get hyped up. 

I wonder how much C9 paid to buy the RNG roster?.

Nothing at all. The org is dead, they were just playing out their previous contracts from what I understand.  

I’m gunna need a C9 fan banner.

In the average 1v1 you’re going to miss a higher percentage of shots with the AR than the pistol.

Also thrusting will increase the kill time with the AR substantially but not effect the pistol if you time it right.

The pro with the highest number of perfects/game is sitting at ~1. Chances are very good that the pistol player will miss 20%+ of their shots.

Second, on top of the fact that an AR is competing with a pistol in a straight 1v1, radar in this game makes it very easy to sit in a corner with one and wait for someone to walk by. Even worse w/ SMG or SR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So...

After Finals, will C9 leave again when RNG inevitably breaks up? 

Always coming JUST in time to grab some finals money...

:lxthul:

I imagine C9 will be sticking with VicX, Ninja, and Kory for the long haul

• Upvote (+1) 4

Quick, someone post the picture of Ninja's chair with Cloud 0-9 on it after they dropped him last year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I didn't say it brings any positives. I just don't understand why people get so triggered by that phrase in particular that has been used for years and years

Just because something has been used for years and years does not make it right that it has been used for years and years. Changing the way people view these things is important in every aspect of life.

While I dont necessarily agree with the use of the word "rape" being yelled at someone you killed in a video game.....

The quickest way to destroy the interest in an eSport is to start instituting this tumblr warrior, safe space, I am so triggered by everything garbage.

NBA:

Fighting

Cursing

NFL:

Fighting

Cursing

NHL:

Fighting 

Cursing 

Cratos is one of the only players who consistently keeps me interested in the HCS. Why? Because he does not want to be friends with everyone, he wants to beat them, and he lets them know what he thinks after the game(s). That type of interaction is what draws eyes to leagues. I cant remember how many times ESPN/Sportscenter replayed Lebron talking shit to Steph Curry in the finals, it was always an "OH SHIT" the two best players in the league are going at it like they hate eachother. It makes you choose sides and become invested in the game. They might be fined depending on what they do, or receive a technical foul, and even ejected if it goes too far.

eSports work the same way. Real life does not have safe spaces, sports dont, esports shouldnt either. 

*This only applies to trash talk that isnt over the line, racist, etc. // not personal.*   "ex. You are terrible, just quit" Looks completely fine to me. 

Sure, trash talk is a part of competition (and regularly discussed) and I for one don't believe that swearing or insulting someone else is an issue (within usual boundaries of based in game, not racial or homophobic) - the thing is that 'get raped' is on the wrong side of that line. 

NFL players do not have mics attached to their uniform that you can hear mid-play or in huddle. When a random mic picks up what they say, it usually is not pretty.

When they do record player audio it is played after returning to the game after commercials and carefully edited.

During the event yesterday, the twitch chat was blown up with hordes of people calling the black player a N*****, several iterations of Hitler did nothing wrong/kill all (insert people), and other "hate" speech. But we make a big deal on TB for a player saying a word that has been synonymous with embarrassing your opponent since the beginning of online gaming? If it really is that bad just stop doing listen-ins. Don't demand players change how they probably speak to each other the other 99% of the time they play. 

Again, just because its a phrase that has been used for a long time doesn't mean it is okay. Equally, the hate speech in the chat was also wrong. They're not mutually exclusive.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am with @@Saucey, people get offended by everything these days. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am with @@Saucey, people get offended by everything these days. 

What did you just say?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I know the halo scene has a lot of hate for c9 but they always have and always will be my favorite org. Give them another chance! :D

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's a difference between what you say to your friends while you're playing in private. When you're on a live stage that thousands of people watching you can be held accountable for what you say. 

Pro NFL players are going to get shit if they repeatedly say they rape their opponents. So should gamers. If you want to legitimize halo esports you have to be able to have players perform at the top of their game without acting like a 13 year old who doesn't know the meaning of the words their saying. You can't have it both ways.

*they're

I am so tired of this kind of argument. Literally everyone knows the meaning of the words they're saying, in much the same way I'm not completely baffled by your use of the possessive instead of the contraction above. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. It's the perpetually offended who decide "context doesn't matter, only how I feel, so I'm going to take it this way so I can be offended."

"Rape" in this context, whatever the associations with the word, is not in any way, shape or form referring to the actual, real life act of rape. Anyone with a fucking (not referring to the act of having sex, FYI) brain is aware of this. I'm sorry, but it's true. Say what you will about the way in which that kind of language supposedly reflects poorly on the scene, but this notion that words have one true meaning that applies regardless of context or intent is ridiculous. So, what exactly do you think it means when someone says they just "owned" someone. Are you saying they are your literal possession or can we take a look at the informal usage on Oxford and conclude that maybe the word in that context means to "utterly defeat (an opponent or rival); completely get the better of?" Hmmm.

It's like people who think "fuck" is offensive, so they replace it with "frick." It's literally exactly the same thing. Why? Context.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I personally could care less. Who cares if they are in or out. 

I know people like to pretend these orgs coming in helps grow the scene, but they only appear when the developer started hosting a league with a ton of cash. Where were all these orgs during AGL?  :simms:  Oh right, it was not profitable to join up yet. 

They are here to help themselves. Cloud9 just chooses to operate in an extremely obvious "out for themselves" fashion. 

I mean believe it or not, but these orgs do actually grow the scene. Just look at Optic; during the NA regionals & Burbank qualifier, viewership for the stream peaked when Optic was playing and that is a huge boost for the growth of the Halo scene. Now i know that's just a twitch stream but in terms of content & promotion on social media, it does indeed help grow the scene and it is something that the community should care about. Also if you look at a lot of the top orgs in E-sports, they only go where there is money is & will be so i don't really understand why C9 has to be singled out in that regard?

it's esports, not the civil rights movement

you guys need to chill lol

stop getting heated over an issue that doesn't exist

• Upvote (+1) 4

Quite honestly I'm a bit appalled with this community if we're going to be fine with broadcasting a player saying he's raping someone to tens of thousands of viewers. I'm completely fine with swearing and trash talk but there is a line. Rape is deeply traumatic and something 95% of this community will never experience so to voice your support for it and telling people to stop getting triggered is straight up ignorant. And repeatedly hearing some dude yelling about it in the middle of an event that's supposed to be for fun for kids and adults is going to put crosshairs on us eventually.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

*they're

I am so tired of this kind of argument. Literally everyone knows the meaning of the words they're saying, in much the same way I'm not completely baffled by your use of the possessive instead of the contraction above. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. It's the perpetually offended who decide "context doesn't matter, only how I feel, so I'm going to take it this way so I can be offended."

"Rape" in this context, whatever the associations with the word, is not in any way, shape or form referring to the actual, real life act of rape. Anyone with a fucking (not referring to the act of having sex, FYI) brain is aware of this. I'm sorry, but it's true. Say what you will about the way in which that kind of language supposedly reflects poorly on the scene, but this notion that words have one true meaning that applies regardless of context or intent is ridiculous. So, what exactly do you think it means when someone says they just "owned" someone. Are you saying they are your literal possession or can we take a look at the informal usage on Oxford and conclude that maybe the word in that context means to "utterly defeat (an opponent or rival); completely get the better of?" Hmmm.

It's like people who think "fuck" is offensive, so they replace it with "frick." It's literally exactly the same thing. Why? Context.

I mean at some point there is a line, like if players were dropping the N word and f****t all the time would we just collectively say it's ok because context? I don't think new viewers would immediately recognize the context and understand it.

I'm not saying that we need a 1984 censorship of players comms but the real world does have boundaries that people don't cross without understanding that there can be consequences for what you say. 

PS: sorry about m'grammar

Trash talk is somewhat normal within any game community...the word(specifically) Rape tho, I can see how that can turn away people in an instant. I understand that 99% of the players don't mean it and just say it because its habit but still...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean definitely it's a habit and we've probably all said it, but you need to have boundaries for public events. And I certainly don't think we should crucify someone if it slips as long as they apologize. Shit happens in a heated competitive moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So is 90% of the shit gamers say

If you're being paid to play and be broadcasted then you shouldn't be saying incredibly vulgar things.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Any news on the next HCS skin series?

I think nV, Liquid, ALG and enigma 6 should be next.

Would also like to see eLevate.

Don't want c9 until we know for sure they'll be back for Fall season.

So it happens "almost everytime" but you are saying that it isn't dominating?...

If people could reliably pull reversals or win 1v1 in CQC with the sniper, because it's "almost or as good an option as the pistol in that situation" then you are certainly painting the picture that thhe sniper dominates close quarters. It's objectively false.

Yes, there is less risk involved than previous halo's. But the stats show that taking the risk still fails way more often than not. Your exaggerating the number of times it works and minimizing the number of times it doesn't.

Sorry, what I meant is someone will go for it every time theres a cqc situation, and in over 50% of the cases I'd say they will at least land one body shot. And there's probably a couple kills per game from no scope headshots or bodyshot plus cleanup.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Any news on the next HCS skin series?

I think nV, Liquid and enigma 6 should be next.

Would also like to see eLevate.

Don't want c9 until we know for sure they'll be back for Fall season.

Pretty sure Allegiance have one in the pipes, given their tweet right after the first set was announced.

• Upvote (+1) 1